PDA

View Full Version : The Grand One

Tinkerfreak
04-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Anyone know anything about this yaht that docks at the Grand Floridian? I was wondering how much it costs to do a cruise on this and what is included. DH and I have talked about doing a vow renewal in 2009 and don't want to go the traditional route of the ceremony in the chapel with a reception or anything like that. I wondered if we could do a vow renewal right on the boat and just have champagne and a small cake after or something.

DVC2004
04-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Disney's website says that it starts at around $375 an hour, with a one hour minimum. Includes a captain and a butler and dining can e purchased from Grand Floridian's private dining menu. I am not sure about the vow renewal question. Try calling WDW-PLAY for more info. Sounds like it would be very memorable!:thumbsup:

threeh
04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
They just had the Grand One on the travel channel last night. It was a show called Disney Splurge. If you can watch it, check it out. It looked really nice!!:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
They just had the Grand One on the travel channel last night. It was a show called Disney Splurge. If you can watch it, check it out. It looked really nice!!:mickey:

I did see this show last night that is what made me think of it. I will try calling the above number and get what info I can.
Thanks!

TammiMcMan
04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Disney vow renewal packages start at $4,000 and there's not a lot of flexibility within the packages. They have 5 locations to choose from and unfortunately, the Grand 1 is not one of the options. You can see the options here, http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/vow/int/start/index.jsp . The WDW-PLAY folks will most likely direct you to the wedding planners.

I think the most cost effective plan for a vow renewal, is to do it off site, then come back to the GF for dinner and fireworks on board the Grand yacht.

TheRustyScupper
04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
1) As stated by TammiMcMan, The Grand One is not a vow renewal option.
2) It is for general rentals
. . . fireworks
. . . birthdays
. . . celebrations
3) But, they do not offer a ceremony.
4) And, no, you can't sneak an officiant on board.

Tinkerfreak
04-20-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm starting to think we should just do our vow renewal here at home and then take a second honeymoon to Disney. We just liked the idea of doing it right at Disney with our family with us.
I guess it is just too soon to think about it. Our 20th anniversary isn't until June 2009.
We won't do Disney in June so we had planned to do it in Nov. of 2009 instead.
We are building a new house and once we sell the old house we may be able to save enough to do one of Disneys vow renewal packages.
Thanks for all of your info.