PDA

View Full Version : Best Reasonable/Filling Food

Space Mountain Man
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
9 Days to go, and I need a bit of help, having been away from the World for 5 years...

Where, in each park, is the best place to have a reasonably filling and inexpensive meal? I seem to remember there is a cafeteria style restaurant near Pirates, and the Churros near Mexico in Epcot are killer, but would like some suggestions on where to find a reasonable dinner. MY DDs are fairly finicky, but chicken tenders and fries are always a good call with them.:pirate:

2MuchWDFun
04-18-2008, 08:58 PM
What is inexpensive to you? You can always split the larger counter service meals. Our favorites in Epcot are Tangierine (in Morocco) you get a whole platter of food for a good price. The other place is in The Land at the food court area. There is also a counter service outside Mexico. They have decent burritos and nachos which are easy to split.

In Magic Kingdom go to Cosmic Rays. They have a 1/2 a chicken meal that is great to split between 2 people.

You may want to ask your question in the Dining area of the boards...you'll get a better response from all the foodies!
While in "Dining" do a search for the "best CS" or counter service in WDW and you'll find all kinds of good, filling places to eat.

Hope this helps.

KineGirl
04-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I highly recommed turkey legs! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Epcot my choice is Sunshine Season...HS 50s Prime Time...AK we loved Donalds Breakfastasaurus(not the right spelling I know) and for lunch or dinner we like Pizzafari...I have to mention Earl of Sandwich in DtD...All these have very reasonable pricing and the food is great...:thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Not much is really "inexpensive" here so I'll run down what I think is your best value and not too pricey.

MK - I think Cosmic Ray's is the best value. You get a lot for your dollar here, plus there is a good selection. The sandwiches at Columbia Harbor House are also a good value and they have chicken strips.

Epcot - Tangerine Cafe and Sunshine Seasons are good picks. I also like Yakitori House, if you dig Japanese food (they have teriyaki chicken for the kids).

AK - Flame Tree is good. BBQ sandwiches and such.

DHS - Try the sandwiches at Backlot Express. Not a huge selection, but they are good. Pizza Planet may also suit what you're looking for.

Enjoy.

Kairi_7378
04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
The meals at Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe, and Flame Tree BBQ are shareable between 2 adults so yo can save some $$$ there. Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbor House are also good values.

Mickey 101
04-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Another vote for nachos at Cantina in Mexico!! Also, Starring Rolls Bakery in MGM has excellent sandwiches on focaccia bread that are definitely large enough to split (we did). I don't know whether they recently updated their menu, but they will be a "must" for us from now on.

mickeysmouse
04-19-2008, 02:25 AM
my vote is for-

AK-Pizza Safari (very filling & reasonable)

MK-Turkey Legs & Pecos Bills chicken caesar wraps & burgers also Hot dogs over by haunted mansion are huge and yummy and cheap!!

Epcot-we love the cafeteria where soarin & boat ride is

#1donaldfan
04-19-2008, 07:31 AM
the following are just CS meals.....

MK == Cosmic Rays / Columbia Harbor House

AK == Pizzafari

EC == Sunshine Season / Yorkshire Fish Shoppe

MGM = ABC Commissary / Tulca Turkey legs

.....most TS meals are very large and kids can share with no problems and you may just have some left?? There are also many, many buffet type meals, they come with a hefty price, but you can leave very stuffed (over stuffed)....:cool: