PDA

View Full Version : Resort Concierge Stays

WDWRox
04-18-2008, 04:16 PM
My wife and I have stayed at the Poly twice, in regular rooms and have always had a great time. In each case we've stayed during the Free Dining time period. I was curious about staying in a concierge level room at some point in the future. We just naturally prefer to vacation in WDW in September anyway. Would it be wiser to stay in the Poly concierge for a week and forget about whether or not we're there during Free Dining? I know they offer food during the morning, noon, and evening hours.....is it enough to make meals out of? If so, would it even be necessary to get on the dining plan or worry about meals at all that week if we just go back and grab something to eat?

Also, in addition to being provided these extra snacks during the day (and perhaps rooms with a better than normal view), what else is a major benefit of staying concierge?

Catzle
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Your going to get a lot of both sides on this issue. It's now called club level. Breakfast is bagels, danishes and fruit, stuff like that. They have a fridge that holds the soda that you can take any time. During the afternoon they have P&B&J and cookies and candy and fruit and snacks. And "dinner" some could make meals out of what is there and others couldn't. We have a couple of times and just got a light snack in the park later in the evening. At night they put out the desserts and drinks. We like staying club level, but the price has increased a lot since we started going 5 years ago. If there was no discount we wouldn't stay it, not worth the money. But we did end up getting a discount this year so we will be staying in a garden view room club level. We have always found the service to be great and like them doing all the reservations for us even though we know we could do it ourselves. I'm not sure which you would make out better with club level or regular room free dining.

sisterslovindisney
04-18-2008, 07:09 PM
We have stayed twice at Poly Concierge (2000 & 2004). We LOVED it!! We are big eaters and there was plenty of food. We ate dinner every evening in the lounge and trust me we were never hungry! Unless something has changed it is awesome!

TammiMcMan
04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I know they offer food during the morning, noon, and evening hours.....is it enough to make meals out of? If so, would it even be necessary to get on the dining plan or worry about meals at all that week if we just go back and grab something to eat?Club level lounges are not really designed to be meal replacement plans, but I guess if you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort and are light eaters, it could work out for at least breakfast and dinner. We definitely have done breakfasts each morning in the lounge, but my family is fine with yogurt, fruit and cold cereal. While it isn't a total meal replacement, I do personally think that both club level + the dining plan is a bit overkill.

Also, in addition to being provided these extra snacks during the day (and perhaps rooms with a better than normal view), what else is a major benefit of staying concierge?Better room views are definitely not a guarantee with club level. In fact, at some resorts, the view can be worse. For the Poly, there is a price difference between a garden club level room and a water club level room. Many of the water rooms do have a view of the MK, but it's only a request. There is no difference in the size of the rooms, but they do normally come with some extra's, like a DVD player, bathrobes and automatic turndown service. In addition to that, you also have the benefit of a pre-planner, who can assist you with any special celebrations, ADR's, entertainment, spa appointments, etc. Basically, it's one stop shopping as opposed to having to make all the individual phone calls on your own. Some pre-planners are better than others, so experiences can vary.

javamama
04-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I literally just got back from the Poly Tonga building Saturday night, and every single morning except Saturday we had breakfast in Tonga Concierge tons of fruit, coffe machine w/tons of choices, fresh juices, milks, donuts, sweet rolls, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, bagels, plus I'm sure they're was more--and Tonga is the small concierge, Hawaii is the big club w/the chef at night.
lunch time I usually walked over to Hawaii since my 4 yo loved the gummy sharks, they had chips and salsa, goldfish, cookies, lemonade, iced tea, pop, water, coffee machine. This was more of pool snacks for us if we were at the pool or beach for the afternoon. Not much of a meal, just a little something before dinner.
Now the early dinner stuff was great a few nights, the sushi was awsome IMO, the bbq ribs were great, the noodle bowls were good, veggie tray, and fruit good, cheese, and crackers were good, pb&j was great for the kids. Again the lemonade, iced tea, was there. Also if your a drinker the unlimited wine,and beer are worth it we had 8 adults in our suite so we drank alot of beer this trip the concierge knew by day three when we were around to just drop it off for us which was awsome:thumbsup: Of course they were taken care of graciously. I also loved the drink specials they made in Hawaii at night, the punch they made one night was awsome. One night we did eat dinner in Hawaii, maybe two so it can be done.
And we were given a bounceback offer for next year, so we did book again at 40% off. As for the meal plan I have no idea if we will do it again, we left a few things behind so who knows. I really loved Poly Tonga building, and concierge level there I honestly don't think I would stay anywhere else again.

Catzle
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
We are going in less than two weeks and have written the poly club people twice and they won't reply back? I'm a little nervous. But anyway, do they have chocolate milk? My daughter's love it and if they don't I want to bring some syrup with me.

DDuck66
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
We are going in less than two weeks and have written the poly club people twice and they won't reply back? I'm a little nervous. But anyway, do they have chocolate milk? My daughter's love it and if they don't I want to bring some syrup with me.

I would call them direct. I had the same problem..apparently they had my work e-mail listed and I was e-mailing from home so they never answered me. After that things have gone fine and we are 3 weeks away!!!!!

javamama
04-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Never fear they have chocolate milk, nesquik (sp) milk, my dh had it every single day at least three bottles of it. If they don't have what you need/want they get it. My dd is lactose intolerant, and I had a case of Silk regular soy milk in our fridge waiting for us when we arrived. They get you anything you need. As for emails, I always had a response w/in 24hrs from them--check your spam folders.

Catzle
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Glad they do! I have written them in the past and they have always gotten right back to me, this time they won't reply? Not sure why? But glad to know they do have the chocolate milk, we went one year and they only had white.