PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions! May or Sept.?

the other micki
04-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Of course the advantage to Sept. is saving $900 with the free dining plan. However, I am a little concerned with how hot it will be (and maybe the crowds, since more people are beginning to know about this).

I would think May would have more temperate weather and no chance of a hurricane. Plus, there should be low to moderate crowds, right? But, then there's the free dining...

What do you think?

pbdennis
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
We have visited WDW twice in late September. Of course, that is Hurricane Season and it is still very warm. When we went in 2005 and 2006, the weather cooperated and it was nice. Crowds were moderate, but ok. We had the free dining package too.

We are about to visit May 8-13. I expect it will be warm with highs in the 80s...but close to or just below the averages for September. Tropical weather shouldn't be a problem. We will have the dining plan, but we are paying for it.

To answer your question, both times are ok. My guess is that the crowds will be about the same, but could be slightly higher during the free dining period.

I will find out soon if May is better than September when we go in just 18 days.:mickey:

Patrick

#1disneyfan
04-18-2008, 06:33 PM
We have visited both in May and September. I actually prefer September. In all the times I have been there it has not been bad weather wise. There have been rain storms that would pop up and be gone in a matter of minutes. May can also be tempermental with the weather and it does start getting hot in May. I have also been in June, July and this year we are going in August. July is really HOT and very crowded! So my vote would be for September, low crowds, better prices, and free dining! Regardless when you choose you will have a great time!!

Tink#64
04-19-2008, 11:28 AM
We have visited 3x in May and early to mid May is great! Low crowd levels, short wait times. During those visits the longest wait time for major attractions was 20 minutes! One trip we arrived the weekend before the MD weekend. WOW! We noticed as soon as we arrived that it was a larger crowd. Lots of kids already out of school, or parents pulled them out as it was their last week. By the holiday weekend, it was very crowded! Our experience with May weather has been great! We've usually experienced highs in the 80's (later in May start hitting those 90's though!) low's in the mid 60's at night. Perfect for shorts & maybe need a light jacket some evenings. Some humidty but we're in the Ohio Valley in Kentucky so we probably don't notice the humidity as much as some others do. We just returned from our 1st Spring Break trip and it was great, but crowded! We had great weather after the rainy weekend, but I heard alot of people comment on the humidity. ? We didn't notice but enjoyed high's in the 80's. Alot better than at home at the time. We had planned originally to visit the last week of Sept/ 1st week of October. Not for the free dining, we would've arrived too late for that, but because this was going to fit best with school & work schedules. But free dining would have been awesome! I too was a little worried about the crowds & the weather from so much that I've read on here!

Sorry so long, May is awesome, if you go before the MD holiday, but I too would love to enjoy the free dining! That's a tough one, but any trip to Disney is a great time! I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you choose! :thumbsup:

Eric87
04-19-2008, 08:28 PM
We were down in Mid-May of '07. The previous trips were in July and August. Last May it was very cool in the mornings and evenings. We still were able to enjoy the water parks and resort pools. I definitely thought it was going to be warmer, but we were prepard and brought sweatshirts. Only during 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm was it hot. The crowd levels were definitely low. I think Soarin was the longest wait around 45 minutes. Also, I don't know if this is a May thing, but these bugs were out everywhere during the day. If you laid by the pools they would land on you and bite you. I thought that was very annoying. Overall, May was nice definitely better than the summer months, unfortunately I haven't been in Sept. yet. I hope this helps.

the other micki
04-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the input!