PDA

View Full Version : Are ADR's filling up due to free dining?

the other micki
04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a friend who is going in Sept. for the free dining. She said that they got every restaurant they wanted easily except for Le Cellier. Has anyone else found this to be true? Or are the restaurants beginning to fill up?

JPL
04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Since the inception of the DDP most of the more popular restaurants fill up at the 180 day mark. Free dining does make it alot more difficult to get a ressie since most book the restaurants before Disney announces it.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I would probably think this is true since people can make ADR's at 180 days out. I called on our 180 day mark and got everything without problem and even had an alternate plan for Le Cellier but got my first pick. I am assuming the longer you wait the more flexible you have to be.

cal5755
04-18-2008, 08:36 PM
I am going to say YES... we called at 180 days and had to change our Le Cellier day. Also the time slots we wanted we had to compromise on a few!!

If you want to make ADRs I would do it asap.

drhama
04-18-2008, 09:13 PM
We are going from Sept 26 - Oct 3. Called early in the am of the 180 day mark. Got everything I wanted within 5 minutes of the time I wanted, even Le Cellier. Can't ask for more than that.:D

AlliMo
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I am going Aug 26-31. I still haven't made any ADR's because my guest for the trip is away on another trip. I didn't want to make them without her so I have to wait until this thursday. Eeek! Anyone forsee a problem here?

TBY2225
04-20-2008, 09:00 AM
I called 180 days out and I got all the times and dates we wanted. We will be a party of 7 for a few days and then a party of 4 for a few. We got Le Cellier for lunch without a problem, but I can't speak for those making a dinner ressie! You should be able to get some decent ADR's less than 180 out, but you will have to play with the times and may not be able to get some of the more popular resturants!

DisneyDudet
04-20-2008, 09:19 AM
We are going from Sept 26 - Oct 3. Called early in the am of the 180 day mark. Got everything I wanted within 5 minutes of the time I wanted, even Le Cellier. Can't ask for more than that.:D

I called at around 155 days out, since we didn't know we were going to go for FD until we got the Disney Visa email :thumbsup::cloud9:

I had planned my park days the day we made our package ressies (can you say OCD?), and by the next day, I was calling for my ADRs. I got EVERYTHING the day I wanted, and the times were great (we're early dinner eaters so that helps!), even Le Cellier (we actually had options for it, too!). We also got Kona Cafe (thanks Jared!) for a dinner. Our other ressies include Crystal Palace for a late breakfast/early lunch, and LTT the evening of a MNSSHP.

I'm sure they are starting to fill up, especially the already hard to get into places. People are realizing the FD is in effect, and the restaurants will be full (ride lines empty!) soon enough!

tinksmom02
04-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Like DisneyDudet, I must have a case of Disney OCD, because we weren't even talking about a trip until I got the email re: free dining. 6pm April 7--contacted TerriSue, and by 9pm that evening I was on the phone with Disney Dining. You can do the math, but I think it was something like 160 days out. I didn't have any problems getting ADR's. We're skipping LeCellier this time around, and we're reserved for 2 tables at Ohanas, but otherwise, we got everything we wanted at just about the time we wanted. We are pretty early eaters, though (5-6pm).