PDA

View Full Version : Trying to plan every last detail before contacting MJ....opinions please

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-18-2008, 12:40 PM
So I'll be going to Orlando Oct 14 - Oct 26.

Oct 14 Travel day
Oct 15-22 Disney
Oct 23 Wedding stuff
Oct 24 A day to do what I want....so far
Oct 25 Wedding
Oct 26 Travel day

Here is what I'm thinking....

Oct 14 stay at a cheap hotel - just need a place to sleep

Oct 15-22 CSR (which I love) or POR (what are your thoughts on this resort?)

Oct 22-26 ASMovies, POP or ASMusic....I think I'm leaning towards ASMovies. I just really like the theming. Is there a building anyone would recommend? I'm thinking the Mighty Ducks....is there a part of the buildings that would be quiet? Also....I've heard that all of the king bed rooms are for those with disabilities. Is this true?

Last question....looking for cheap but nice hotel for 1 night. Has anyone stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Orlando or The Palms Hotel and Villa? If so what did you think? Or is there another you'd recommend?

Thanks everyone for your help!:number1::mickey:

Beast_fanatic
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
So, you're doing the honeymoon before the wedding? :confused:

Goofeygal
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I would rethink my plans. If I were you I would plan some days after the wedding to relax and enjoy myself. Not all of the vacation days before the wedding. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-18-2008, 03:35 PM
No...it's not my wedding. I'm a matron in a wedding after our vacation. We're going to celebrate our 5th anniversary.

Beast_fanatic
04-18-2008, 04:47 PM
OK, that makes much more sense to me. :crazy:

In that case, your plans sound pretty good although I'd probably still want a day to recover after the ceremony (even though it isn't your wedding, it can still be somewhat stressful).

I personally really like POR. I've stayed at both the Mansions and Alligator Bayou and liked them both.

When I stayed at All Star Movies, I was in the Mighty Ducks section on the end of the building that was closest to All Star Music and I found this location to be quite quiet. I also found that it was easier for me to walk over to Music (across a parking lot and road) for the buses and food court than it was to use the facilities at Movies.

Since your questions are more about the resorts themselves, I'm going to move this over to Accommodations for you...

Ms.Disney
04-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I think your plans sound pretty good:mickey: I recommend POR we stayed there on our honeymoon in Sept. 07 and found it both beautiful and romantic.

droopy d.
04-18-2008, 08:29 PM
The last trip to disney we named our own price for a one night hotel stay and it worked out good and cheaper than a normal room. If it were me I would stay at AS MUSIC then move over to POR since the rooms are a little bigger you feel like you have more room instead of less. Just my thoughts! Have a great trip.

Disney Lynn
04-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Are you driving or renting a car? If not, make arrangements (taxi, etc) to get to the ceremony from your resort. Even if the wedding is on-site, don't take the WDW bus. You don't want to be sitting or standing near us (sweaty tourists with our kids who might spit up on you) while you're all dolled-up.

Assume the bride will need you on 10/24 (think back 5 years- how frazzled were you before your wedding?)

Is there any way you can manage (financially) to stay in just one resort? (Just to make it a little easier for you). I, too, love CSR, but we usually stay at a Value resort to save money- and because we spend most of our time at the parks. As for King beds, POP has some that are not handicapped rooms (that is, with a regular bathroom). Also, at the All Stars, if a King bed room is available, you do not have to be handicapped to get it- just have MJ request it up front. Your dates are not during such a busy time that all the King rooms would be taken already.

Enjoy your anniversary at WDW- sounds like a good tradition to start.

thejens
04-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I have stayed at a cheap hotel near WDW. YUK! The next year I stayed at a value, ASM, just for one day. It was so worth it and not much more money. Be careful of the cheap hotels near WDW. I'm sorry I don't remember where to warn you away from. I blocked it our of my mind. Just a thought. We stayed in the Herbie the love bug building in ASM. We found it to be quiet and a pleasant walk through the courtyard. Otherwise it sounds like a great plan. Too bad you have to waste a whole day going to a wedding...just kidding!