PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Disney World

Princess Dad
04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
We are planning a Disney Vaction during Christmas for this year or possibly next year. I have already received some great advise on which resort to stay in but I was wondering what everyone thought about what their top five things to do at Disney over Christmas, keeping in mind we will have a 6 year old and a 3 year old both girls. I would Like to have things in mind before it is time to make reservations.

RockinRollerMom
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Even though I have not been to WDW for Christmas itself, I have gone during the Christmas season. Here is my top 4.

1. Osborne Lights at DHS. -Truely magiacal. Grab a hot chocolate and take your time walking up and down the streets of america. It will be "snowing" and every 15 minutes or so the lights "dance". My #1 do not miss

2. MVMCP. This is a hard ticket event, but worth the price. Especially for little ones. the have the best parage I have EVER seen at disney.

3. Grand Floridian Hotel. The lobby is transformed into a gingerbread wonderland. I'd recommend booking an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for either the breakfast(with Mary Poppins and friends) or dinner (with Cindrella and friends)

4. Check out the other hotels too. Each hotel is decked out in holiday decorations and each has a little something special to offer. Besides the GF, I reccommed the BC, WL and AKL.

Aggie97
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM
We were at WDW for Christmas 2006 and had a great time! You'll love it. Our favorite things:

- Osborne Lights at DHS
- Epcot Holidays Around the World -- storytellers and shows at the country pavilions; cute Christmas tree lighting ceremony with characters; the Lights of Winter (big overhead archway of lights that is choreographed to music); Candlelight Processional is a must-do for adults, but I'm not sure that your girls would enjoy it
- MVMCP -- the fireworks and parade are just outstanding; also get pictures with Christmas versions of characters, such as Santa Goofy; the Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas show is cute
- MK castle lighting ceremony -- if they are still doing the icicle lights on the castle, it's actually really neat to see the moment when they turn them on
- Downtown Disney -- very fun and festive at Christmas
- Resorts -- GF has the gingerbread house; YC has a gingerbread carousel that your girls might like; WL and AKL have huge, beautiful Christmas trees

Have a great trip! :mickey: