PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Resorts

Princess Dad
04-18-2008, 08:37 AM
What's everyones opinion on which resort is the best place to stay for christmas?

faline
04-18-2008, 08:45 AM
What are you looking for in a resort?

In terms of decorations, my favorites would be Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian.

Strmchsr
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

I'm not sure there's a "best" resort for Christmas. They're all good and every resort has plenty of decorations. Grand Floridian is one of the most popular for its "classic" Christmas decorations, but they're all great. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp) for some of the specific decorations at different resorts.

ibrowse17
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
All the resorts have there own little touches of Christmas other than trees. Last Christmas we stayed at POFQ, which was playing Dixiland jazz stlyed Christmas music. I thought it was pretty cool. I agree with the Wilderness Lodge, it was simply unbelievable:thumbsup:

Welcome to the family!!

mrsgaribaldi
04-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I would stay at any of the resorts and just enjoy the parks for the holidays. That's what we usually do in early Dec:santa:

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2008, 09:47 AM
The Grand Floridian is spectacular, but for me nothing compares to the Wilderness Lodge!

Princess Dad
04-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the comments! I was look at some pictures and thought wilderness lodge did look pretty amazing!

lightyearfan
04-18-2008, 10:59 AM
when me and dw visited WDW for the holidays for the first time last year, we were just blown away! what else is new Disney going above and beyond as usual, anyway we went to a few resorts and the best 1 that we visited was Grand Floridian, that gingerbread house alone was something else and that smell mmmm, although now that i'm reading that Wildermess Lodge has the best, it will have to be a stop if we can make it back this coming Dec. we stayed at ASMU and our lobby was very nicely done as well, and the Boardwalk lobby was pretty good too, they also have a nice gingerbread display.

Victor

Maleficent's Dad
04-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Although we prefer the EPCOT resorts, and the BC, YC, and BW do have very nice Christmas displays, nothing compares to the Grand Floridian or the Wilderness Lodge IMO!!!

thumperbug
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Wilderness Lodge is y first choice. I do have to admit that Boardwalk was pretty nice as well.

Aggie97
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
We stayed at the Polynesian for Christmas 2006 and loved it, but I think the GF and WL have the best "Christmassy" decorations and atmosphere! :mickey:

honeybear
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I am also voting for the Wilderness Lodge. I LOVE the fireplace in the lobby! It is just beautiful and warm and cozy. Just the right Christmas atmospere in my opinion.

brownie
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Any resort would work for me! The deluxe resorts have more elaborate displays. Even if you're not staying at one of the deluxe resorts, you can still make your way to them to check out the displays.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I also think WL is the best due to the log cabin ski lodge feel it gives.

Personally, I hate the Floridian because it's just....gaudy. Honestly, I find the carosel at BC to be much more interesting than the gingerbread house (especially since there is a house at the American pavilion at Epcot).

phillychief
04-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Stayed at Pop Century (50's) in Dec 2006. They didn't do that much decoration-wise. We did visit the Grand Floridian and it was beautiful. Their gingerbread house and lobby tree are amazing. We also saw the Yacht/Beach and Boardwalk lobbies. They were also very nicely decorated. We're returning this December and staying at the Polynesian. Can't wait!!!!!

brianlw71
04-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Wilderness Lodge

KODABEAR
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
For us the Contemporary works best. We do lots of shopping and being able to carry gifts back to the room is a plus. Of course we must go to the GF and WL for more holiday atmosphere!!:snowman::santa2::tree:

McGoofy
04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
This past December we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Each resort has a little touch of Christmas. It is just a matter of how much money you want to spend as to how elaborate it is. I enjoyed how at each resort the decorations were themed to that particular resort in every little detail from what was on the tree right down to the music playing overhead. We stayed at POR, but we toured all of the monorail line resorts and Boardwalk, Yach & Beach club resorts. I have photos from a thread that I posted after we returned home if you would like to see those resorts.

photos from December: (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122645)