PDA

View Full Version : Cruise details

DsnyFan4ever
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I know this is prob an easy question to answer, but how does the cruise work? If you do the land/sea package, isnt it a specific day of each?
are you able to extend the days in the park? and do the 3/4 night cruise like normal?
or are you catching a cruise or bus back somewhere...
how does this all work. whats the basic plan when you take a land/sea-- from flight to where, and bus to where? Thanks for the info!

mrp4352
04-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh - you're gonna love Disney cruisin'!!

For the land-and-sea, there are two options:

4 night land/3 night sea (the cruise portion is Thurs-Sun)

4 night sea/3 night land (the cruise portion is Sun-Thurs).

When you book the land/sea through Disney, once you check in your Key to the World card will work everywhere, your cabin on board or your hotel room on land. Also, I believe it includes your transfers between airport/land/sea/airport.

One thing to keep in mind, you lose the convenience of one main check in for the trip, but often you can book your own land/sea package for less money by booking each piece seperately. The cruise line has no problem booking you for a pick up at the hotel and a return to the airport or vice versa (that's actually what we usually do). Going this route allows you to pick and choose your park days. My family prefers to fly out Friday night to the parks, cruise Sun-Thurs, parks Thurs - Sun and fly home Sun.

The cruises depart:

Saturday - 7-night
Sunday - 4-night
Thursday - 3-night

Hopefully this will give you some help while you're planning!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2008, 11:54 PM
We also booked our land portion separately. We flew down on Friday, stayed at the resort till Sunday, cruised Sunday through Thursday then back to the resort until Saturday.
But yes, the cruise is on certain days so you have to plan your park days around that.

#1disneyfan
04-19-2008, 11:19 PM
we are doing the 4night sea/3 night land with 2 additional nights added on to the beginning of our trip. so we fly in on a tuesday and play in the parks until sunday then we cruise to thursday, then we fly back home after what i hope to be the vacation of a lifetime!