PDA

View Full Version : Motley Fool VMK article

JPL
04-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Disney Trashes it's Kingdom (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/04/17/disney-trashes-its-kingdom.aspx)

Patricia
04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I was just on the way to post this.. good story.

chrisb26
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
That's a pretty good article that I enjoyed reading. They made some very good points.

They were very right in saying why should I even think to devote my time to a game like cars if it is just going to close. I mean once Cars 2 comes out if they decide to not make a Cars 3 then there is no reason to promote it anymore the game will just close that is 2 or 3 years from now why should I get involved in another game that will just end up closing on me because its only a promotion.

jjramsey
04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I especially liked the title!

Krystal_Rose
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
why should I get involved in another game that will just end up closing on me because its only a promotion.

My thoughts exactly. I mean don't get me wrong. I have had a great time playing VMK and countless days and nights visiting with everyone who we've grown so close to here, not to mention all the laughs, closing dances, Cake Day parties and dictionary dancing. But, what about the kids we've taken under our wings that we won't be able to play another game with? I just feel like I spent so much time trying to get credits to buy stuff, that now when the game closes will all go into "Virtual Abyss" (kind of like those contact us letters we've all sent ), I don't want to lose all my friends, but I just don't know if I am ready to start it all over again.

JPL
04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Makes you wonder how much damage Disney is doing to their online reputation.

Randypandy
04-18-2008, 01:14 AM
probably a lot considering that once vmk closes there are going to be a whole lot of unhappy people who loved this game and wanted it to keep going that are going to want to throw away the towel with Disney. :ack: Trust me on this that once the game closes you can be people won't think Disney is all that exciting. :sick: How much can be said for the other Disney games we are playing? What happens if they decide to shut those down too? :badpc:

jjramsey
04-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I think that is why it is hard for Disney to sell the idea of paying money for the other services...the black hole...[echo]...[echo]...that will come when you least expect it.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Great story. I hope VMK is reading these as well; they are missing a lot of common sense that are written in these articles. Thanks for posting it :mickey:

TinkRocks
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Good story - just hope Disney are reading the buzz on their decision to close VMK's doors...