PDA

View Full Version : boat/personal watercraft rental at Castaway

DakotaDisney
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't know all the names for the different types of boats they have at CC.

Can you rent a jetski/sea raycer or whatever they are called, at Castaway Cay?

Or are they only for the nature tours? If so is the tour worth it?

I have never jetskied and I think it would be a fun place to try it if possible.

Thanks

Kenny1113
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes, you can rent a jetski at Castaway Cay. Never been on nature tour so I can't comment on that.

TammiMcMan
04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry, but you cannot rent a jet ski on Castaway Cay. They are only available as part of the Ecotour. You can rent a sea kayak, a paddle boat, sea bike and sailboat.

My husband and oldest daughter have done the Ecotour and both thought it was fabulous and well worth the money.

DakotaDisney
04-19-2008, 10:06 PM
So, who is correct???

Donald_Quackers
04-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Based on the book I bought in preparation for my cruise, I would say Tammi is correct.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm going to be trying that ecotour excursion anyway. It sounds fun!

RobWreck
04-20-2008, 11:43 AM
The jetski eco-tour was ALOT of fun, well worth the money. It seemed like we went out a good distance on those jetskis, so even for that alone, I'd do it again... but jetskiing out to a sandbar in what seems like the middle of the ocean was pretty cool. Despite what the guides say about not racing or doing anything crazy, you have to go at a pretty good clip just to keep up... more than fast enough for anyone who doesn't go jetskiing regularly.
Highly recommended. :D
Rob

TammiMcMan
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
So, who is correct???Sorry for the delay in responding, but I did want to confirm my reply. You cannot rent a jet ski on Castaway Cay for personal use, only as part of the tour. If you want to do the Atlantis beach excursion while docked in Nassau, you can rent jet skis there.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

DakotaDisney
04-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone!:mickey:

Kenny1113
04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, you can rent a jetski at Castaway Cay. .

:blush: Sorry if I provided misinformation. Last year at Castaway Cay, DH asked about renting jetski with DS, they stated that he was too young. They never clarified that you could not rent them. Sorry :blush: