PDA

View Full Version : Dance with Cinderella

Tinkermom
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Anyone else love "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman? We have a 6 year old daughter and this song makes me cry every time I hear it.

Here is me and our little Cinderella dancing together on our Disney cruise in February.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2334/2337420243_fe94652089_b.jpg

Time really does fly by so fast, soon she too will be going to the prom and then dancing her first dance at her wedding...

kjmom
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes, it makes me cry too:cry:.
Our dd is 3 1/2 and calls herself Cinderella and her daddy Prince Charming.
We are expecting dd number 3 and Cinderella calls her Little Mermaid.

murphy1
04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
OMG that is precious!! When my kids turned 6 they stopped liking the Princesses, it's so sad. I have three girls and my 4 yo loves them still, but it does go by fast!

AwPhooey
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I saw SCC in concert last October and he performed that song--lots of people, including myself, were crying.

Behind him was a huge screen showing the video for the song... him dancing with his daughter at three stages in her life (young girl, teenager, young adult).

If you go to YouTube and search for his name and Cinderella, some of the videos show him performing the song in concert with the video playing in the background.

KineGirl
04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome to my world. I wish I had it online because I have a similar pic when my now 17 year old DD was 5 . Now shes driving, got a job (even pays half her insurance!), a life of her own, Jack Skeleton has replaced Cinderella and she has already been to one prom last year and is getting ready for her own Jr Prom and someone elses at a different school, Sr Prom this year. :( Oh yea and she goes to college in a year. I get to miss her AND pay for it. We are super super close though and we both loooove WDW (we make a trip each year just the 2 of us) so we'll have that for many many years to come. So def hug up & enjoy that little princess up because next thing you know its her Sweet 16 and youre taking this pic...

http://flickr.com/photos/25638774@N02/

WDWFREAK101
04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
It makes me cry too. The thing that is bad is because this contest is coming on so they play the song ALL the time!!!! I don't even want to THINK about my daughter's Prom, marriage or even first date! (I'll be sitting in the middle of her and her boyfriend when they go to the movies.:thedolls:) We as parents need to learn to let go and It took me years to figure that out.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Heard this one yesterday. Very sweet!

GrumpyFan
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
{sheepishly admits} Makes me cry too. :secret:

My daughter (12) rolls her eyes at me, but that's ok.

McGoofy
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Tinkermom and KineGirl,

Both of your pictures are beautiful!:cloud9:

I have a 9 year old DS, so I guess I have a Prince Charming. He'll be 10 in just 3 weeks, and I can't believe how fast time is flying.

I love the SCC song. It is definitely a tear jerker! I first heard "Dance With Cinderella" last summer when I saw Steven Curtis Chapman in concert in Estes Park, CO.

McGoofy
05-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Since you all were talking about Steven Curtis Chapman, I thought I would post the following here:

Please lift up in your prayers Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman and
their family. Today I learned the tragic news that their 5 year old
daughter, Maria, was hit by a car Wednesday afternoon and sustained injures
resulting in her death. As we can only imagine, this will be an
extremely difficult time of grief and loss.