PDA

View Full Version : Children's Meals?

Wrigley
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
When we take our next trip, our DD will be 2 and turning 3 while at WDW. Since she will be 2, when we go to character meals that are buffets, do we have to purchase a meal for her or can she just eat off of our plate? I wasn't sure if since she will be eating some food off of the buffet, if they will charge us for her? I know the children's plates are ages 3-9 I believe? Just curious!!:mickey:

wendy*darling
04-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Since she is 2 at the start of your vacation- she will be 2 for the whole vacation in Disney's eyes. :mickey:

She can eat for free at the buffets. She can eat off of your plate, or you can get a plate for her.
She can share your meals at any restaurant for no extra charge.
However, if you order a kids meal, you will pay for that.

#1donaldfan
04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Isn't it great how Disney does things?? She can be two upon checking in, the next day turn 3 and she's still 2 for the remainder of the trip.....very good!!:thumbsup:

kathiep
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't know if you have any other children, but when our youngest was under 3, we found that the children's most of the children's meals we ordered for our older son were large enough to feed both kids!

MickeyandTink
04-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Isn't it great how Disney does things?? She can be two upon checking in, the next day turn 3 and she's still 2 for the remainder of the trip.....very good!!:thumbsup:

I agree, We took DD7 :princess: last year for the first time and planned to go back in a couple of years when DS2 was around 5 or 6. However, since his 3rd birthday falls during free dining, we decided taking him there now to celebrate his birthday (essentially free for him, except for airfare) was too good to pass up.

OK, DW :tink:, DD and I :smickey: really didn't want to wait another couple of years to go back, anyway. :secret:

Wrigley
04-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh goody!!! This will end up saving us quite a bit of money! We've had quite a bit of medical issues come up this past year and had to dip into our Disney fund. This is great because any way I can save some money will help!