PDA

View Full Version : Need some good thoughts for next week

murphy1
04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I have my scan/biopsy appt and I still don't know if I have to have the biopsy until the scan is done. I have been pretty calm about it, but I'm getting nervous now. The nodule is in my lymph node and at least he didn't think it's cancer, but has been concerned about it growing and any of you who have had any abnormal stuff before, you know how nervewracking it can be, plus they gave me a 50% chance of having repeat surgery, so I am trying to get to a plan on that. Also, my oldest, Lindsey, is being tested for a learning disability and I have to meet with the school psych and staff at the school to go over the results, we think it's just math as she does well in reading, she's also a Summer bday and that makes it harder to figure if it is developmental. John (100percent), I know I always tell you, but you are a huge source of inspiration to me as I keep going through this my health stuff, you are amazing.

MsMin
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
I read a card once that said "momma said they'd be days like this but she didn't say they would come all at once" :pixie: to all.
I can't say enough that the brain is powerful. So think positive thoughts. I do believe that spiritual connection is important too. Trust that you are in God's hands and he will protect you and get you through this. There are more people that have benign reports than people that have something that is far worse so do keep telling yourself that the odds are in your favor. I will do my part here and send :pixie: and prayers. I know with those precious ones you are needed here and a lot is going through your mind right now-- chase away those negative thoughts.
Looks like you are being guided to focus on your kids-- you are needed. I know it's scary to watch your child struggle with school and we can feel so helpless. Sounds good that it's only a math thing. My nephew had a sequencing problem which gave him lots of trouble in math. He was consistently 3 grades behind with his math skills. Today he is working on his PhD. The important thing is that you ID the difficulties and focus to help her adapt to her needs. Honestly, I remember when many December kids were labeled as "too young" sometimes it's more a readiness and not a particular age. Feel free to PM me with any details and I can give you my opinion if you have any questions.
So Shari, relax, anticipating your problems does not change the future. Put it in God's hands and let us help with the power of prayer and support :grouphug:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers are on the way. I believe in the power of positive thinking too.

PirateLover
04-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Shari, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you and please keep us updated. Lots of :pixie: :pixie: to you! Much love!:hug::heart:

offwego
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Shari, best of luck to you and your DD on the school issues as well.

Please keep us updated and know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Good luck!! I hope everything goes well for you. Prayers and :pixie: headed your way!

Flower
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh Shari, I hope everything goes ok with your scan and biopsy. :hug:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Lots of good thoughts headed your way!!

:pixie:

ElenitaB
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Shari, loads of :pixie: for you!

Hope they do everything they need to at once and that you get your (negative) results QUICKLY!

wdwgrl377
04-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Shari, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I am standing in prayer believing that all the results will be negative and can't wait (by faith) to hear a good report!

:pixie: Just for you!!!

murphy1
04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys! It's nice to have a place just to vent things out, I've always liked being able to write, too, I feel better, I am going to rest this weekend and make it extra fun with the family and just not think about all this. Beth, that is great about your nephew. I am not a math person at all! I struggled a lot with it and really worked hard at it in school. She really loves art a lot, so I try to let her express that, she is good at it, too, I think that comes from my dad and grandma. Thanks again everyone!

Kairi_7378
04-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers next week. I haven't had cancer, but my 22-year-old brother is a liver cancer survivor, and I remember those days in between a scan/biopsy and a diagnosis were agonizing for him. Sending some pixie dust for some good results!