PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Question and Problem?

Deesdisney
04-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Has anyone ever celebrated there birthday at WDW a couple of months late? I had to cancel my DD 6 at WDW cause my DD 20 wants to spend her 21 at WDW. I can not afford to go Dec. then again in Feb. I am asking cause I feel really strange doing this. We told our DD6 she could have her Bday at WDW cause my other one first wanted to go to Las Vegas. What should I do?

tinklover
04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
why not go in jan and celebrate both birthdays at the same time? When we go in June we have a group of 12 with several birthdays one may 30th right before we leave one june 18th one june 26th and one july 12th all 4 are getting birthday pins and we are doing a birthday breakfast at chef mickey's for all 4

Deesdisney
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Thats what I was thinking but she wants to be able to go to PI and do some dancing. She will not be 21 until the 26 of Feb. My other Bday is on Dec. 13th.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-17-2008, 11:16 AM
My family has a similar problem, although there are only 4 of us and not 12.

My sister is Feb 23, my stepdad is March 15, my mom is March 23, and mine is March 31.

Even though we are local, we do one week long trip. This year, we had to wait until May. I think that might work best so that both you little princesses can feel special about going! Especially since most families can't afford to go more than once or twice a year (or even a lifetime).

thrillme
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
With the littlest one being only 6 you still have a NUMBER of years to make up for this one. 21 is pretty much the last BIG landmark birthday. Maybe the 21 year old can plan a "date" with her little sister to get made up at the Beauty Salon. I don't think any 6 year old would turn down being a princess with her big sister.

I'd say celebrate both birthdays in FEB. Plan an EXTRA special party with the 6 year old's best friends. Maybe schedule it at a super fun place. Here we have a place called PUMP IT UP. A big airblown balloon place. Make it disney themed. One of her gifts can be a "coupon" for a SECOND birthday at Disney. What a bargin TWO birthdays in one year. Just tell the soon-to-be 21 year old why you're doing this and she'll probably be glad to help out.

A friend of mine had a daughter born in Feburary. They had a big beautiful pool and she wanted a swiming party. So they celebrated her 1/2 birthday every summer.

Disney doesn't care when you celebrate birthdays. Just tell them you have two birthdays you're celebrating. Besides...remember the Mad Hatter blew off BIRTHDAYS and celebrated UN-BIRTHDAYS because you got to have MORE of them. :party:

Deesdisney
04-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you for all the ideas. I think we will celebrate her Bday in Dec. and Feb. Her big sis will love to share her week with her (I THINK). I just cant see missing her big 21 were she wants to have it. I think we will have to do the same with there DB turning 18 in Oct. Maybe we will just celebrate everyones bday that week. I just wish we could do this every BDAY DAY.

MsMin
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Just be careful that you are not stealing DD20's thunder.. It's not that big of a deal if everyone is celebrating. It's also helpful to teach children to "wait" (delay of gratification) for good things.
Can you swing a trip next Dec? or Nov?
Kids need to feel that they have "earned" something or that it's their special time. If you can't break it up a little then try to have them on separate days so their is some delineation. I would recommend too that the little one be treated differently b/c 21 is a BIG DEAL, it's a milestone and should be treated extra special. We don't want our children to grow up too quickly.
I have a hard time b/c my kids are 3 consecutive days.... at least this makes me glad they are all together so if we ever were in Disney at that time I wouldn't have this dilemma. I know it's not easy; but, sometimes doing what is best is not the easy route. :(

BMan62
04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
DW and I have birthdays 6 weeks apart (Mar. 9 & Jan. 20, respectively) and we split the difference and made a trip Valentine's week -- 3 weeks late for me, 3 weeks early for her.

We did NOT, however, get Birthday buttons, feeling we were too far from either.

In the same vein, we are making a trip, for our 10th anniversary, in September. Because our actual anniversary is not until Dec. 4, we are not going to get anniversary buttons.

TBY2225
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
We are going in December right after my DS birthday and right before my DD's. We are celebrating them both! You can always pick one day while you are there to be each of the girl's special day. Even if it isn't their acctual birthday. That is what we are doing!