PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge

epceddie
04-17-2008, 01:29 AM
Has anyone stayed at the AKL with the Kilimanjaro Club concierge? Did you like it? What kind of extra benefits did you receive? Was it better than a Savannah view? Was it worth the extra money? Would you book it again?

TheRustyScupper
04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
1) The room locations are different with the addition of AKV suites.
2) The view is good, but not any more dramatic than others.
3) As for benefits
. . . snacks for breakfast, midday, evening.
. . . turn down service
. . . ability to do the Sunrise Safari, for a fee *

* Must be a guest the evening before or day of the Safari. The Safari is offered only on Sunday and Thursdays.

Tinkerfreak
04-17-2008, 02:43 PM
We used to do concierge there and loved the sunrise safari. We no longer do concierge because of the change because of dvc. We just find that you are so far away from the lounge now that we don't utilize it like we did in the past when we were right there close to it. The other thing I loved about concierge was having them make my adr's for me. It is hard to say if something is worth it because everyone places different value on things. To some people it is all about the money aspect of it, to some people time is money and they like having someone else make there adrs's etc. We used to do the dining plan and concierge and it was just too much food.
I would love to stay concierge again even if for one night just to do the sunrise safari. It is one of our best experiences ever at WDW and so worth the money.
Another thing to keep in mind is that there is no guarantee that you will get a savannah view room when booking concierge. We were never not given one but the chance is there that you won't get one.
There is no easy answer to this question but I hope some of my info helped a bit.

mouseketeer mom
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
We stayed AKL last year concierge level with a savannah view. We were so very far away from the lounge, I felt like I needed to pack a snack for my long trip to get a snack;)..just kidding, but we really were far away. Offerings were good, but we thought it paled in comparison to Polynesian's club level. We did utilize the Sunrise Safari and that was terrific. So glad we did that, what a unique experience!!! I wouldn't worry about the view you might get. As I said, ours was Savannah, but always saw so many more animals just walking to and from our room than we ever did from our actual room. And when we were in our room, we weren't really standing on the balcony, we were either getting ready for the day, or for bed!!! I thought the pool view was very pretty and bright and would've been nice to have. Enjoy whichever you might get!

epceddie
04-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the great info!