PDA

View Full Version : Places WITHOUT a childrens menu?

Rella
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I've read a little about some places without a childrens menu (like Pizza Planet) that will allow children to order off the regular menu when on the DDP. Does anyone have a more extensive list of these places? Do all TS restaurants have a children's menu? My DS7 is a big eater (and skinny as a bean pole, lucky kid!) and I'm guessing that the kids meals in a lot locations won't be enough for him.

Thanks in advance!:mickey:

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Pizza Planet might be the only one without a children's menu. I think all of the TS locations have children's menus. Apparently they are popular as Disney sites guests needs and requests plus an overwhelming approval rating for implementing them. I personally think they cut short the enjoyment of the kids by expecting them to be healthy maybe the only week of the year their parents are allowing them to splurge.

One thing we did with this problem was to use the child's CS credit at breakfast. Most of the resorts have a nice child's breakfast platter. They are able to get orange juice and milk but not a dessert. Then, buy him whatever he wants at lunch. It is a little trickier at the TS locations but usually the portions aren't too awful small. But again, you could order an appetizer if there was a suitable one on the menu to help fill him up. Plus, there is dessert there to help. I know I may be breaking a budget, but there really aren't any good answers to this one. Good luck!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I have never been to a TS that did not have kids menu. The only technical exception are the many buffets which might be your best option if he is a big eater. My kids are not huge eaters but like a wide variety so the buffet places are a natural choice for many of our meals. We however always go to Lecellier and coral reef and there is always an option to upgrade to a steak or something which is more expensive on the menu but still honored on the DDP.

Figment!
04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
An alternative may be to purchase adult park tickets and the adult Dining Plan for your 7 year old--in an upgrade fashion. If they typically eat adult portions, you may end up saving more money doing this rather than ordering extra food out-of-pocket or not doing the Dining Plan at all.

Does anyone have a more extensive list of these places? Participating Counter Service locations that do not offer a Children's menu currently include:
Casey's Corner
Catalina Eddie
Cool Wash Pizza
Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
Pizza Planet
Sommerfest
Taluca Turkey Leg Co.
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Do all TS restaurants have a children's menu?Short answer: Yes.

The few that do not offer one also do not participate in the Disney Dining Plan.

nicjohn3
04-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Back in March at DTD we were able to get a 9-inch pizza, regular desert (huge cookie), and a bottle of apple juice at Wolf Gang Puck Express for 1 kids credit. It is a great place--it was good.

I did the same thing, but Pizza Planet and this were the best I could find.

McGoofy
04-18-2008, 05:16 AM
In February my DS wanted to eat at the McDonalds in Epcot...near Canada at the entrance of the World Showcase. They did not have a kid's menu, so he was able to use his child credit and get quite a large meal. He got the box of nuggets (9 or 10 pieces--can't remember how many), large fries, a drink, and a McFlurry. I couldn't even eat all that, and I'm a grown up!!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-18-2008, 02:43 PM
1) All TS eateries on the DDP have kids menus, except Plaza.
2) The Plaza is really a CS that was made a TS.
3) It truly does not warrant a TS moniker.
4) But, MK needed another TS eatery.

magicofdisney
04-19-2008, 06:30 AM
An alternative may be to purchase adult park tickets and the adult Dining Plan for your 7 year old--in an upgrade fashion.

An upgrade fashion; that's one way of putting it.

I made a similar statement for a family with a 2yo. Another poster proceeded to tell us we shouldn't lie for the DDP. Ultimately, it's up to you how to proceed.