PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues Concert

Disdude
04-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Last week I was listening to the new single from Disturbed (Rock Band with their upcoming 4th album in June) and I decided to see if they would be playing in the Dallas area anytime soon. I found that they were playing at the HOB in Downtown Disney and told my wife (okay...I really asked for permission) we're going. We were able to get a room at Saratoga Springs with our remaining DVC points and some good flights so I finally get to see them in May!!!!!!

These questions are for those that have seen concerts there.

1) I understand that it is general admission and it says no seating. I don't mind standing for the whole show but my wife is not as big a fan. Are there any tables or stools? We're not as young as we once we're. I doubt I have the same stamina I had when I was near the stage headbanging to KISS and Iron Maiden 20 years ago. I felt so old a couple of years ago when I had to stand for a whole Queensryche show.

2) We're not terribly interested in seeing either opening band. Any reason we cannot go later to miss them?

3) It's an all ages show. Will we still be able to purchase adult beverages?

4) Will they let you leave for some fresh air and get back in?

Thanks for the help!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Ah yes, I loved seeing Dir en Grey at HOB. To answer the questions -

1 - There are some stools on the second floor where you can sit. There might be a few on the ground floor, but I can't remember.

2 - Since you expressed an interest in getting stools or seats, I would recommend showing up early and sitting through the opening band. Otherwise you may not be able to get a seat but if you really didn't want to see them, you could technically arrive later if they weren't at capacity. You wouldn't want to be forced outside if it was too crowded!

3 - Despite all ages, you will be allowed to purchase alcohol. There are at least 3 bars on the ground floor, and 2 on the second. It just means the little kiddies can come see it and the band will have to be on better behavior.

4 - There is no smoking in the concert hall, but there is a patio on the second floor you can exit out of if you wanted to smoke or fresh out (away from the noise). I'm not a smoker but when I went, I took the opportunity to go outside between acts and get some fresh air without sweaty smelly pre-pubescent teens in it.

At any rate, you can go and have a blast! I love the HOB as a venue! It's great!