PDA

View Full Version : Distance from dock to Atlantis

NJGIRL
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the dock in the Bahamas to The Atlantis?
We are getting a room there for the day and need to know the approx time it takes by cab.

I don't remember when we got off of the ship the last time, are there cabs right at the dock that we can take or do we need to walk around to find them?

Mulan
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I've never been there on a Disney cruise, but on others. It take about 15 - 20 minutes by cab (depending on the traffic). There are cab drivers waiting right there at the dock. They will greet you and their cabs are waiting for you once you walk through customs.

NJGIRL
04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I've never been there on a Disney cruise, but on others. It take about 15 - 20 minutes by cab (depending on the traffic). There are cab drivers waiting right there at the dock. They will greet you and their cabs are waiting for you once you walk through customs.

Thank you! That's what I was hoping for. Do you remember what they charged you? We have 2 adults and 2 kids.

Pixie Power
04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
You can also take a water taxi from the Port to the Atlantis and not only will it be cheaper than a regular taxi, but you'll have a nice boat ride and can see the sites along the shore along the way. If I remember correctly, it was like $4 round trip per adult and kids were maybe $2 rt or even free.

HTHs!:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
You can also take a water taxi from the Port to the Atlantis and not only will it be cheaper than a regular taxi, but you'll have a nice boat ride and can see the sites along the shore along the way. If I remember correctly, it was like $4 round trip per adult and kids were maybe $2 rt or even free.

HTHs!:thumbsup:

Thanks! How long did the water taxi take? Did you just get in line or have to have reservations?

Pixie Power
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks! How long did the water taxi take? Did you just get in line or have to have reservations?

There were several taxis right there ready to load, so we just walked over and got right on. If my memory serves correctly, as it was 2005 when we did it, it was maybe a 20 minute boat ride. & The :boat: :captain: was too funny b/c he gave a little spiel about all the houses and stuff along the coast-line on the way to the Atlantis. Pointed out the house that was used in some of the Bond movies, etc. :thumbsup:

& When we were ready to go back, the water taxi was right there to hop on to take back as well. We were very pleased with the service. But do note that it's not a nice :boat: like the Magic or the Wonder. :laughing: ;)

NJGIRL
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
But do note that it's not a nice :boat: like the Magic or the Wonder. :laughing: ;)

Yes I remember being on one for our Honeymoon. The ship could not pull up to the dock at one stop for some reason so we had to use the boat.

Did it dock right at the Atlantis or did you have to walk to get there?

Pixie Power
04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes I remember being on one for our Honeymoon. The ship could not pull up to the dock at one stop for some reason so we had to use the boat.

Did it dock right at the Atlantis or did you have to walk to get there?

It did not dock right @ the Atlantis, but it wasn't a far walk from what I remember. Our girls were young and did not complain about the walk and neither did their grandparents, so I think it's safe to say it's a short distance. :laughing:

You could always take it to the Atlantis and if you don't like it, just hop a cab for your trip back to the port. You'd still save $$$ that way by not paying for 2 traditional cab rides. :)

HTHs! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I would strongly suggest spending the few extra dollars and taking a regular taxi. Just to be clear, you need to walk down the dock and through the welcome center for any transportation options. The taxis will be lined up outside the doors, or you can turn right and head towards the water taxi.

The water taxi is less expensive overall and it could be deemed an adventure by some. Our experience was slightly different though. We did wait quite a while on board, as they didn't want to sail without a full ship. There was a local tour "guide" on board who did point out some homes along the way and then proceeded to ask everyone for a tip :confused:.

The regular taxi will drop you right at the front door of the Atlantis. The water taxi drop off point leaves with you a 10 minute walk.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2008, 11:57 PM
We too had our boat guide ask for a tip. It was about $3 per person. We took a regular cab back because it was at night and there wasn't anything to see on the water. The price was about the same per person.