PDA

View Full Version : Fall?

BiloxiMom
04-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Are there any fall weeks that aren't crowded or perhaps, less crowded? Any weeks that are better than others in Oct. or Nov.?

JerseyDad
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
....we've always gone to WDW (except for one time) in the fall...first week of November. And despite being named "Jersey Week"....and it seems that all of Jersey is there (because schools are closed in NJ due to election day and teachers convention)...the crowds are not too bad at all. My point of comparison was the one week we went during Spring Break...just before Easter...when the place was packed!

The last few days of the first week this year (Nov 7, 8, 9) will be a bit heavier due to it being:

1. a weekend...so you get day trippers
2. the last weekend of Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
3. Super Soap weekend at MGM (oops Disney Hollywood.....or whatever it's called!)

....this week could also be a bit lighter, since there are NO discounted room packages (because Disney KNOWS it's Jersey Week...and we're all going there ANYWAY!!...of course...my opinion)

SBETigg
04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I would be careful around holiday weekends, like the Columbus Day/Veteran's Day weekends or too close to Thanksgiving. World Showcase does get crowds on weekends with the Food & Wine Festival.

biodtl
04-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I would be careful around holiday weekends, like the Columbus Day/Veteran's Day weekends or too close to Thanksgiving. World Showcase does get crowds on weekends with the Food & Wine Festival.

Yikes! We're going to be there over Columbus Day weekend and I hadn't even thought of it. I guess since we don't get a day off it never occurred to me. Oh Well, I'm not rescheduling.

Actually, I think we were there over that weekend in 2006 and I don't remember it being particularly crowded.

Fingers crossed...

Dyanna
04-17-2008, 09:19 AM
We were at WDW the week of Columbus Day. It was more crowded than I had expected but not unbearable. We did not find out until just before we left that a lot of southern states have fall recess that very same week. The longest wait was of course for Soarin at 90 minutes. Everything else was about 20 - 45 minutes. Any day in Disney is better than none!:mickey:

cal5755
04-17-2008, 10:41 AM
We always go in September and the crowds are pretty light in the parks....due to free dining the restaurants are packed though.

We went during Super Soap Weekend last year and did the first MVMCP of the year and it was very crowded for that.... but only for parades and shows and character lines... we walked on to any ride we chose.. and on Friday before the weekend started the crowds were light in Epcot.

JERSEYDAD.... how did you find out that the 8th and 9th is the SuperSoap Weekend this year??

Dyanna
04-17-2008, 11:06 AM
JERSEYDAD.... how did you find out that the 8th and 9th is the SuperSoap Weekend this year??[/QUOTE]

I found out when I spoke to a Reservation agent the other day.

BiloxiMom
04-17-2008, 09:34 PM
What does everyone think of Oct.? We went MANY years ago, and I don't remember crowd conditions, but I remember MNSSHP being VERY, VERY crowded. Also, the beginning of our trip the weather was very hot and at the end I had to buy my daughter gloves!

DsnyFan4ever
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I was told by a cast member, that the 2nd week of Nov was best for less traffic....

reeders4
04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
We have been visiting Disney the week before Thanksgiving for the last 4 years and there are no crowds during this time periord.The longest we waited in line was not more than 5 minutes. Beaware th Friday before Thanksgiving that is when the crowds start to arrive but we always fly out on the Satuday and my childern usually have the pool to themselves in the evening. We always stay on property and during this time periord the resorts and the parks are decorated for the Christmas holidays and they have extra activities going on. The day temperature is usually in the low 80's and the evenings are in the low to mid 60's. I think this is the best time to visit Disney.

SurferStitch
04-18-2008, 06:57 AM
What does everyone think of Oct.? We went MANY years ago, and I don't remember crowd conditions, but I remember MNSSHP being VERY, VERY crowded. Also, the beginning of our trip the weather was very hot and at the end I had to buy my daughter gloves!

DH and I actually stopped going to WDW in October because of the steep increase in crowds over the past 5 years or so. Our last trip was early October, 2005, and we felt overwhelmed by crowds. We were surprised at the 60, 90, 120+ minute waits for popular rides. We switched to early December for '06 and '07, and that was great, but we discovered in 2007 that the crowds were still pretty healthy, so DH talked me into October again this year. We are going 10/12-10/24, and preparing for decent crowds, but hopefully not like early October in '05!

I was surprised when I was making ADR's that the Cali Grill (2nd night of our trip) was already pretty full. I couldn't get the time I wanted, but got something within an hour of it, so it was okay.

JerseyDad
04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
JERSEYDAD.... how did you find out that the 8th and 9th is the SuperSoap Weekend this year??
I found out when I spoke to a Reservation agent the other day.

....it's always been the same last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival, so I just figured that it'd still be scheduled for the same spot this coming November. Did I get it right? ;)

PS: As CROWDED at the Super Soap festivities can be...it really opens up a whole bunch of opportunities to get on the really popular rides at MGM...since everyone there is bunched up trying to get a glimpse of a "star"....and not on the lines for the rides.

momof3+twins
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't go the first two weeks in October. Or Thanksgiving week. But, besides that I think you'd be good.