PDA

View Full Version : Which Value Resorts?

GoofyFan3
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Looking to get away just DH and I, and I was wondering about the Value resorts, if there is one that is better with no children, and why do you like that resort? Or should I just stick with a moderate resort and not save the money.

AwPhooey
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
While I really enjoy Pop Century because of it's cool decor, if I could swing it financially, I would stay at a moderate.

I've only stayed at POR and I loved it... very quiet, larger rooms, spacious grounds, table service restaurant, etc. It was far more laid back that Pop Century or All-Star Sports.

Taja
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
It really depends on your preferences. If you like the amenities at a moderate (more elaborate pool, TS restaurant, etc.), you may not like the more basic amenities of a value resort.

You'll find adults only as well as families at all of the value resorts. The only one I've stayed at (several times) is Pop Century. It meets my basic needs in a resort. I particularly like the bus transportation with a single bus stop at the resort.

I have friends (usually travel as a couple only, but take their grandchildren periodically) who prefer ASSports over the other All Star resorts, but like PC equally well.

BigRedDad
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I think it really depends on what you and DH are planning on doing. People said the walls were thin, but the only thing I could hear is a faint toilet flushing when we were there at Pop Century. There are a lot of kids around and it was a little noisy at the pools, but that is all.

If you are looking for a relaxing get away with your DH, I recommend a moderate or deluxe. CSR would be my first choice because it is more of a Convention resort. The atmosphere is nice, lots of things to do, nice little beach area to walk on, hammocks by the lake, good pool bar.

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
For just the two of you I would recomend POR. It is beautiful and relaxing. There are kids but not as many and you aren't right on top of anyone.

As far as Values go, we prefer Pop. I don't think you will get away from the kids much, though a room further from the pools and back closer to Hourglass Lake would be more relaxing and quiet.

reeders4
04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
We have stayed at the deluxe resorts, moderate and the value resorts and we have recently returned from a stay at Pop Century and we had a nice time. There are no extras but it is a nice place and we have stayed at a few of the other value resorts in the past but this one is our favorite. If you do decide to stay at Pop pay the extra money and get a perferred room as this will put you next to the main pool, buses and the foodcourt.

tigz9299
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
:mickey: A word of warning if you stay at POP, tho..a preferred room was where I just spent 3 days ,and if you need the buses,pools,etc,it is great. If ,by chance,you drive around there like I do,you will find that the walk back to the 60's building is really long,especially in the rain. Look at the resort map,and you will see that the parking is around the perimeter of the resort,and the preferred room I had was all the way back at Hourglass Lake. I love the resort,and will definitely stay there again,just in another building..as far as the value resorts go,ASM beats Sports hands down,because the rooms were redone,and is a lot nicer,in general....just one Disneyphile's opinion..probably been 100 times since the 70's....:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
As far as a value, I would go to POP. On the other hand, if money were no object, I would go to a moderate. For me, it would be POR! Also, if money really were no object, I would go to the Wilderness Lodge! :mickey:

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 10:20 AM
We have stayed at ASMovies with our kids and most recently Pop with just me and DH.

If your looking at staying at a Value..Pop was nice. The 90's bldg is not considered preferred..but if you walk from the front of the resort across the parking lot the walk is not bad at all...think it is closer than some of the preferred areas by doing that!

The room was quiet we stayed in. We were fairly close to the pool and noise was not a problem at all and there were several kids laughing & playing in the pools. The beds & pillows were very comfortable....would've liked to take the pillows home! We still got the Disney soap and shampoo.

Pop has it's own bus (which we like!)...where AS Movies shares a bus with AS Music and AS Sports...so it gets pretty crowded and you often have to wait for another bus depending on when you go to WDW.

All of the CS places are crowded no matter where you go or stay at WDW...they do a nice job getting people served and through the lines. The food at Pop was good and the lines moved quickly.

Our basic philosophy is "how much time are we going to spend in the room this trip?" and that is how we decide where to stay..of course pending budget too!

So...if you are looking at saving money....I would go with Pop.
:mickey:

lightyearfan
04-18-2008, 11:19 AM
i would have to say ASMU is the choice for me and dw, it's quiet/clean and we have had no issues what so ever in staying there. we are the type of people that are out early and not back until late so why spend that extra cash if there is no need. some people say that they only have CS and no TS , again for us this isn't an issue because for breakfest we goto other resorts to eat, and this year it's going to be special because we will be going to all different resorts that we haven't visited yet for the first time. being that it's just the 2 of you there is plenty of room for the both of you, so it's just a matter of choice at this point, hopefully this helps you with your decision. and as you know you'll still get all the perks that come with staying on Disney property

Victor

cal5755
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I have to say I like Movies over Pop. Pop is good too though. Like LIGHTYEARFAN said, if you plan opening and closing the parks the value resorts are perfect. That is what we do so as of yet we found no reason to upgrade to a moderate. Of course we have never taken a Disney vacation with less than 10 people.

Whatever you decide you guys will have a magical time together!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I recently read that all of the rooms at the value resorts that have a king bed are rooms for those with disabilities...they have no tub and the rooms are much smaller because of the enlarged bathroom. Is this true?