PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see the Pope?

murphy1
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm not even Catholic and I always think it's exciting when the Pope comes here. Hope someone is going to the Mass.

MsMin
04-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm Catholic and the thought didn't occur to me:blush: I guess I would prefer to see him at an audience near his home. I am interested in listening to what he has to say.

BronxTigger
04-16-2008, 09:06 PM
No, I'm not going but he is coming here.

A lady I work with is a nun and even she is not going. She'd rather watch it on tv than deal with all the people.

crazypoohbear
04-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I am not going but I would love to go. I'd like to speak with him about some things going on at my son's "catholic" school. It is the most un catholic place I have ever seen. I think it would be very exicting to see him though.

Kairi_7378
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Several of my friends got the opportunity to hear John Paul II speak before he passed away. They said that it was an amazing experience. It's something that I'd like to do someday (preferably in Rome) but won't get to do this time.

alpro2
04-17-2008, 06:35 AM
My son has been selected to go with our church's Youth Group. The Pope will be at a seminary in a NYC suburb this Saturday.

Beach Club Babe
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
No, I'm not going, but one of my friends from high school is a sign language interpreter and was selected to be the interpreter at the Mass at the Nationals Stadium. It must be pretty exciting to be up on stage with the Pope himself!

DisneyDog
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I know someone who just saw him in Rome last week. We are all joking that she must have flown back on the plane with him!

PirateLover
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
My parents saw Pope John Paul II from a very far distance when he came to Philly in the 70s. I am Catholic although I'm not a huge fan of this Pope. Still, he is the Pope and if given the opportunity I certainly would go to meet him.

poeticeclipse
04-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I am Catholic (although not born and raised that way) and DH is as well. We've both talked about how neat it would be to see the Pope speak. My husband is pretty interested in the fact that he is in the US right now and keeps watching him on television.