PDA

View Full Version : April vs Sept - specifically...

scooterca42
04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
We have had experience in September - free dining, rain, humidity and lower crowds. Big D and I have favoured the first and second weeks of September pretty much exclusively.

But Big D is fifty in April next year. He's not a party type, so I thought - well, let's go visit the Mouse instead. If a couple/few/six friends of ours happen to be there at the same time, so be it... ;)

His birthday is April 21. We'd be looking at the week of April 18th to the 25th in 2009. Or the week of Sept 6 to 12, also in 2009. My priority is to get him down there at the best possible time, our friends have said that given the lead time they can likely match our decision (well, ok, mine :mickey:)

So, my dilemma. Do I hand him tickets on his B-day in a card that says "Yay Mouse", or do I hand him his suitcase on the morning of April 18th and say "Yay Mouse"? I can make arguements for either. That's the thing - I can make a really balanced argument for either...:confused:

What is your opinion? I was thinking of buying the dining plan in April, or hoping for the plan in September, at any rate. It's too cool not to have.

Beast_fanatic
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Personally, I want to be there ON my 50th birthday as does my hubby (whose 50th falls next year, much sooner than mine ;)), so I would likely go with April. April does still have some spring breaks going on from schools in the north east, and September does offer possibly free dining (no way to know if Disney will continue this next year), but I'd still go with April.

merlinmagic4
04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Massachusetts has spring break that week (we'll be there) but it's a great time to go if you ask me :mickey: I'd definitely do the birthday surprise! Could you possibly keep it a secret until that morning? :D

scooterca42
04-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh, my. I woud have to work at that! Maybe if I said I had to take that week because of the boss saying so...and he would take it to be hanging with me...

But wouldn't THAT be a kick! My, oh, my. I read about people keeping it from their five year old. I think it would be ten times harder keeping from their fifty year old...but FUN!