PDA

View Full Version : AP Rates

mousecraz
04-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Last Nov we went to DL, I had made reservations at DLH in Sept. Much later on this web site I read about the AP4 rate. After many, many phone calls I got the rate just a few days B/4 we arrived. I believe this rate came out in mid summer ’07. Anyone have any ideas when this type of thing comes out & if it does each year? Also what is the best way to get early notification?

NotaGeek
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT! :balloon:

The rates come out mid to late summer usually for the use the late part of the year, but there is no guarantee. The best way to make sure you get notified is to register your AP on the official Disney website and they email you info when stuff like this comes out ... and the minute we get the info we will post here on INTERCOT ... and that's how we get notified.

Disney used to have this great feature for AP holders that sat on your computers desktop and notified you of important info, but I don't think they have that anymore ... once you register you can go to the AP section on their site and check it all out. :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, right here on Intercot in this forum, the newest AP rate info is always posted at the top (with a "sticky" notification). Just visit daily a couple months before you are expecting to go.

Also, if you are registered on DL's site with your AP, you can click on the "hotel availability calendar" and it will show the current lowest rates available to AP holders for each of the resorts and room categories.

I got a great AP rate for a stay last October, and I believe the offer was released in early September for travel through the second week of December.

FYI, these rates are offered throughout the year, at different times. The lowest rates tend to be offered during the fall value season. Right now, the current offer is "AP6" and the lowest rate is $169/nt at the Paradise Pier hotel.

mousecraz
04-17-2008, 05:24 PM
thanks for all the info.

Natalie, I have registered my AP pass but didn't get any notification on the AP 6 rate. Did it come out on the passholder site or did you get an e mail on it. I should probably check with Disney to see if all is correct with my registering of my AP, I did have problems but am able to get into the web site ok.

BrerGnat
04-17-2008, 11:51 PM
thanks for all the info.

Natalie, I have registered my AP pass but didn't get any notification on the AP 6 rate. Did it come out on the passholder site or did you get an e mail on it. I should probably check with Disney to see if all is correct with my registering of my AP, I did have problems but am able to get into the web site ok.

No, I didn't get an "official" notification. In general, there is usually some sort of AP rate special being offered, at least for a limited number of nights/rooms. The key is to just keep checking under "special offers". Make a note of when the current AP6 rate expires, and about 2 weeks before that date, start checking for the AP7 rate.

Depending on when you are going, the rates will be really good or just "eh". Right now, the AP6 rate is really only being offered for the Paradise Pier hotel. The other hotels are at the standard 10% off AP discount rate. For example, GCH is showing $340/nt weekdays for a standard room, which is just a bit off rack rate. With the AP4 rate we got last October, we stayed in a Concierge level room at GCH for $279/night (it's currently like $640/nt with the AP6 rate....)

The best discounts happen in the fall...October-early December...always.

The second best happen in Jan-Feb. There are really no good specials from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

mousecraz
04-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Again Thanks for the info, I will keep on the lookout for the AP rate in the fall. We usually (last 3 yrs) go the weekend B/4 Thanksgiving. Last year we got the AP 4 rate at the last minute for 6 days @ $169 + Tx at the Disney Hotel, saved a lot of money as it was $206.

drevlo
04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks BrerGnat, for the info regarding the "hotel availability calendar". We have our AP's registered online, but I've never checked this feature. Sounds pretty handy!
We scored an AP rate at the GCH last fall (week after Thanksgiving) of $199/nt. We figured that we'd get a fairly plain view, but were super stoked when we got there and discovered that we had an amazing DTD view!
That was sweet! We (wife and kiddies) watched the fireworks from the park our first night...and then from our room for the rest of the week! (they were doing fireworks each night as part of the Holiday celebration)

Cheers!
Drevlo