PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Tour question

bmj721
04-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I am not trying to be a renegade here, but has it ever happened that Disney has stretched the 16 year old rule and allowed a 12 year old to go on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Being the type of young man that he is, our youngest has been asking to go on it. He is unusually mature for his age. We realize the company policy, but I thought I would ask here. We're going in early Dec.

Beast_fanatic
04-15-2008, 10:41 PM
They are very strict about the age limits on tours, so no, a 12 year old will not be permitted to go on any tour with an age restriction of 16 or older.

Disney Lynn
04-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry, but they're strict. When you purchase the tour, you'll be told to bring proof of age (like a learner's permit or driver's license, depending on when kids drive in your state, or a birth cert). This will be checked as you are signing in for the tour! In fact, they now require ID for everyone on the tour for security reasons. I didn't realize this, and, since DH was driving, I had only slipped my health insurance card and a credit card (with my AP) into my pant's pockets. They had to call a supervisor to decide if that was enough ID. (And it's obvious that I'm well over 16 LOL!)

Tell your son that you'll just have to take him back to WDW for his 16th birthday! And probably several times before then!

Bringonthemouse!
04-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Lat Dec. I wanted to take my DD on the Keys tour but she was just shy of 16 and by just "shy" I mean less than one month. No, she was not permitted to take the tour so now we will just have to wait and do it in Nov.!

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
We ran into this with the Train Tour. It stops and ten and our DS loves trains!! Finally, with him 13 and DD finally turning ten we were able to go during our last trip! It was awesome!! So, maybe you could take him on the train tour and learn a little about Walts passion for steam engines this trip? :train: