PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens VA, where to stay?

nat
04-15-2008, 08:00 PM
HI, We are planning a trip over the long weekend in October to Busch Gardens, Va! Can anyone recommend a really nice place to stay? We will be taking our two sons age 14? How will the weather be there then? Also, how far is VA beach, I would love to stay on the water! Many thanks, lots of questions! Nat

NJ Camper
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
When we went a few years ago we camped in a campsite in the area think it was in jamestown there is so much historical places to go to in the area also but sorry about the places to stay just went once and as i said we camped think it was a KOA
Never made it to the beach but don't think its to far
Busch Gardens its self was great if you like coasters DW didn't find it as fun as i did mostly becuase she isn't much of a coaster person but we still had a good time and like i said if you like coasters there is a few good ones enjoy and weather should be good maybe jeans and shirts possibly sweat shirts but maybe not that time of year can be tricky well have fun and hope to get a report when you get back

nat
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I will be sure to report back, my kids love all rides! Do we need more than one day to do the park??

NJ Camper
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
When we went it wasn't busy so we had no problem doing it in one day i would think in oct it should be OK we have a Six Flags pretty close and as far as rides go we would go to Busch Gardens over it any day just seems like a better atmosphere and really enjoyed the coasters if i think or hear of anything else i will post more hope this helped a little

Baloo Da Man!
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
October is the prettiest month of the year here. 70s during the day and a little cool at night.

How much do you want to spend? If you can afford it, the Williamsburg Lodge is great. It is right in the historic area. You walk about 200 yards and you are in the middle of Colonial Williamsburg, and a short walk to the William & Mary campus.

The Williamsburg Marriott on route 60 is nice, and it is very close to Busch Gardens.

A trip from the VA Beach oceanfront to Busch Gardens would take about an hour. You have to go through a bridge/tunnel so make sure you avoid rush hours.

If you want to stay at the beach, the Hilton on 31st & Atlantic is the best hotel by far. The Sheraton on 35th is OK too.

NJGIRL
04-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Research the time you are going carefully. Busch Gardens is only opened on weekends in October and if I remember correctly it wasn't every weekend.

BethieTink
04-16-2008, 12:39 PM
October is the prettiest month of the year here. 70s during the day and a little cool at night.

The Williamsburg Marriott on route 60 is nice, and it is very close to Busch Gardens.

October is a great month at Williamsburg. We spent 6 nights of our honeymoon there in 2002. Can't wait to go back.

We stayed at the Williamsburg Marriott and it was great. Indoor/outdoor pool, nice area. Very close to Busch Gardens.

Enjoy your trip.

tys_mommy
04-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I can’t recommend a place to stay as we’ve camped on our 2 visits however I can chime in with VA beach is about an hour from Williamsburg.

IamBelle
04-20-2008, 12:17 PM
A few years ago, I went to Busch Gardens on my class trip and we stayed at the Williamsburg Marriott. It is a very comfortable place. In our room, we fit four. Have fun!

krorx
04-22-2008, 10:50 AM
October in Virginia can be cool or warm, so check ahead before you come. In Oct. Busch Gardens has their annual event, Halloscream. The park is decorated for Halloween and as the darkness falls, the creepiest of monsters comes out. They have a haunted house (which usually closes one ride for the use of the facility for the spooky house) and a haunted train. We had creepy people follow us, which I have to say is sort of frightening in the dark (but in a good kind of way). All in all, it's a fun time and puts you in the mood for Halloween but it can be very busy and check ahead to make sure it isn't a military weekend (when military familiesy get in free). We tried to go one weekend and the traffic was backed onto the interstate! Impossible to get in. I would contact Busch Gardens for that date. If you don't mind spending some money, the Great Wolf Lodge is not far from Busch Gardens. It is a beautiful resort that looks like a massive log cabin and has an indoor waterpark and some eating places. Va Beach is about an hour, through one of two tunnels. Be aware the traffic can be bad getting through those tunnels at certain times. And of course, there is lots of history if you want to torture your kids with a learning experience on their mini vacation. :) Anyway, welcome to Virginia! Hope you have fun.:D