PDA

View Full Version : Resort Arcades

Young@Heart
04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I read that the resort arcades recently switched over to pre-paid cards. That means no coins or tokens, right? Is this at all the arcades or only some of them? Also, does anyone know if they can be used universally? We're staying at POP, and I want to give my DC cards, but I would like to get them before we get there. If I have someone pick up some at a different resort, could they be used at POP? Thanks for any help! :mickey:

Belle1217
04-15-2008, 10:12 PM
We were there in 06 at the All Star Sports and we had to buy the cards. I was told by one of the CMs that they can be used in any resort but I never tried it. We are going back this year and still have our cards. We kept them because there was still money on them and he also said they don't expire. So we will give them a try. Good Luck :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
It's been like that in every arcade we've been to. That's Contemporary, Coranodo Springs, POFQ, POR, we always go the arcade at least once.

Tink#64
04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
We were just at Pop last week & it does use the cards. There is a machine in the arcade that you can swipe your card or feed cash into it & you have the option of recharging an existing card or purchasing a new card. I thought it worked great! Each machine tells you how many points it takes to play, and when you swipe the card in the machine to play it also shows you the balance on the card! We kept the card as a souvenear, I'm sure we'll just get new ones next time.

gardenia
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, they work at all the arcades at all the resorts.

Young@Heart
04-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks! I think these will make a great addition to the gift baskets for my DC. :mickey: