PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef or Biergarten?

Tinkerkel
04-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Which do you prefer? I know that they are very different, but I'm having a hard time choosing which one to have dinner at. I already have an ADR for Le Cellier for another day. DH loves German food, we both love seafood & DD10 doesn't love either, but we definitely want to eat at one or the other.

SBETigg
04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Biergarten is just okay for me, fun with great atmosphere, but it's far better than Coral Reef. I wish I'd had a better meal at Coral Reef. I would vote for new choices. :) Best wishes with the choice!

MsMin
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
hmmm. sausage or one of the best steaks on property .... We've had two wonderful meals at the Coral Reef... I've had great German food before but it wasn't in EPCOT.
My vote Coral Reef...

medic9016
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
We have only been to Coral Reef once and really liked it. We sat right in front of the fish swimming around. We have been to Biergarten a few times. The dancing and the stage show are fun to watch. You are seated with other families at the same table wich we enjoy talking to people from different places. My choice for overall food and atmosphere is Coral Reef.

GrmGrninGost
04-15-2008, 08:44 PM
The best meal we've had on both of our last two vacations was at Coral Reef! I love that place! :mickey:

Mickey91
04-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Coral Reef is our all time favorite!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
We went withBiergarten for the dinning experience!

TheMartellFamily
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I did choose the Coral Reef. I do enjoy TS more than buffets.

KineGirl
04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
with kids - I chose Biergarten ... the live Oktoberfest is a fun fun show! And the sausages are yummy. If it were just you and DH I wouldve picked Coral Reef.

AwPhooey
04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Of the two, I've only eaten at Coral Reef (albeit many years ago), so that's what I had to vote for. I'd love to try Biergarten sometime... perhaps my upcoming trip in October.

Tinkermom
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Biergarten is just okay for me, fun with great atmosphere, but it's far better than Coral Reef. I wish I'd had a better meal at Coral Reef. I would vote for new choices. :) Best wishes with the choice!

I agree. Neither one thrill me. Atmosphere at both are cool but food...:down:

LandFan
04-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Coral Reef! They have fabulous fried catfish!

MarkC
04-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Can't argue with either choice, but if there are kids involved I would vote for Biergarten. My two boys fell in love with the place at about age 10 and we have to eat there every trip now. I enjoy it as well. Good food and great atmosphere if you don't mind some music and noise. Mark

yjgirl715
04-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Well I have only eaten at the Coral Reef (which I am not a big seafood lover) but I can't wait to go back. I loved the atmosphere. My son(3) and I played I spy- he loved watching the fish and then even got to see a turtle swimming around. I also enjoyed my meal very much which I believe I had a pork chop- but so much food I could be wrong. It was very good tho. Good luck with your decision.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
I say Biergarten!

It is a must do on our trips. Great food, fun atmosphere, nice theming, wonderful service and fun, entertaining musicians. I love it when the guy comes down to the dance floor with the cowbells. More cowbell!

Jeff G
04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd go with Biergarten.

We had lunch their and had an excellent experience. The food quality was very good for a buffet (I have a picky family yet we were all able to find something we liked). The wait staff was very friendly and spent a lot of time at our table and the Oktoberfest celebration was fun entertainment.

Our two experiences at Coral Reef have been poor to awful. We had a bad experience the first try and assumed we just had bad luck so we gave it another shot and the 2nd was far worse that the first. In both cases the service was poor with empty drinks, the wait once seated was long and the food was just ok.

threeh
04-19-2008, 12:13 PM
It looks like I missed my chance to vote, but I say Beirgarten. I really like Coral Reef, but Beirgarten is just so darn fun!! I really like the food too!!:mickey: