PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

Jeri Lynn
04-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Back during one of the hurricanes we my sister and I received a park pass, I believe it is probably the equivilent to a one day hopper pass. I still have mine, a couple of years ago my sister used her's towards a multi-day pass.

Lately I've been booking our vacations as packages so I have not used my park pass yet.

Would anyone know that if I was to use it towards the price of an annual pass if that annual pass become effective immediately, or could I just buy a voucher??

It does not expire for 10 or 20 years, I'm just not sure what I should do with it since I'm always getting a "package".

Beast_fanatic
04-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Typically, tickets that are awarded by Disney have no trade-in value, so it surprises me that you said that your sister traded hers in on a multi-day pass. Did you find out how much credit she received for hers?

Buttercup
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes, my experience with complimentary passes is that they are what they are. Take it or leave it. You can't upgrade them, you can't trade them in for other things.

Possibly, in your sister's case, they just added on the free day to a regular multi-pass without the discount of an extra day. Like, they just consolidated the passes into one but she didn't get any discount as though she had purchased the extra day.

Jeri Lynn
04-16-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't remember the value, but I know she used it toward the purchase of a multi-day park hopper pass, and had no trouble at all doing that.

I will have to ask her if she remembers. For some reason the $100 dollar range comes to mind, but it was about 3 years ago...

I think we had gotten the tickets after Hurricane Jeanne.

crazypoohbear
04-16-2008, 10:10 AM
If you buy the packages when you travel maybe you could book the tickets as one less than you need and use it that way?