PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Boardwalk

Tiggerlovr9000
04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
How far is the Boardwalk from DTD? What is the best way to get there from DTD? Which end of the Boardwalk has Wylands Art Gallery? I just have to see it this time. I am a die hard fan of his but so far have not had the time to check out the gallery. Anyone else have any opinions about Wyland' s work??

justlikeeyore
04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
:mickey:You can take a bus from DTD to the Broadwalk. I think (not sure) the gallery is somewhere is the middle.

mook3y
04-15-2008, 04:01 PM
How far is the Boardwalk from DTD? What is the best way to get there from DTD? Which end of the Boardwalk has Wylands Art Gallery? I just have to see it this time. I am a die hard fan of his but so far have not had the time to check out the gallery. Anyone else have any opinions about Wyland' s work??

The gallery is in the middle of the Boardwalk. It is to the right as you head into the hotel.

The work in the gallery is amazing. I especially love the sculptures of disney characters snorkeling. :cool:

EDIT: ah, yes, my directions make the assumption your on the Boardwalk. :)

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Once you get on a bus from DTD, it's a rather short ride over to the BW.

When you get off the bus and walk up to the Boardwalk Resort, you have two options.
1. You can walk into the lobby of the BW Resort
2. You can walk down the stairs onto the Boardwalk itself

In either case, once you get outside (the rear of the lobby) and out towards the Boardwalk, the gallery is before you get to the Boardwalk itself on your left. It's actually off the Boardwalk in the quad/courtyard area that is just behind the lobby. You must walk by it if you head out to the Boardwalk area.

It's rather easy to find once you're there - and if you have any trouble, just ask a CM for guidance.

wendy*darling
04-16-2008, 08:33 AM
The Boardwalk is also easy to get to if you are in Epcot or DHS (MGM).

A trip over there to see the gallery makes for a great midday break- grab a bit of lunch at the pizza window or at ESPN Club- or even at Beaches & Cream across the lake.

If you are in Epcot- head to the International Gateway exit in World Showcase between the UK and France. Once out of the park you can either take the Friendship boat or make the short (5 minute walk) to the BW.

If you are at DHS, then when you leave the park you have a choice of the Friendship boat (pathway to the left to the dock) or the walkway path straight ahead (10-15 minute walk).

It's a very pleasant place to break up the day!