PDA

View Full Version : what made it in the suitcase that should of stayed home?

DizNee143
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
going off of the what you forgot to pack thread...
what have you packed by accident?..what made it in the suitcase when it should of stayed at home?

i have two..
i once packed my remote control to the tv..lol i have no idea why...but i did..
and another time i packed my cordless phone..again i have no idea what i was thinking..lol

do any of you have similiar stories?

massachusetts
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the laugh!:funny:
I think that I have forgotten to pack things but never brought anything like a tv remote.

coloradowendyl
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Not a Disney trip, but our cruise last summer...unpacked on the ship and found out that one of my puppies had decided to help me pack...nestled between two shoes was a large, half chewed rawhide bone!

I guess he just wanted us to remember him! All I could think of was if they had decided to open our bags in customs, what on earth they would have thought about it?

wendy

Jasper
04-15-2008, 04:19 PM
One time when our kids were really young we ended up with a small plate in one of our suitcases. We had the suitcases sitting on the kitchen counter while packing and can only assume that one of the kids couldn't find a place on the counter to set the plate down and set into the open suitcase and neither my wife or I noticed it until we got to our destination.

ibrowse17
04-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I also packed the remote on a trip, and I am so glad to hear I was not the only one:thumbsup:

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
i thought you were going to say the puppy way in there!!;)

Taja
04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Nothing that really should not have been packed--just two sweatshirts that weren't used last December! *LOL*

The weather stayed warm most of our visit, so my two sweatshirts returned home unworn. I usually freeze at least one or two nights during December WDW visits--I was prepared! :)

bmj721
04-15-2008, 10:31 PM
The worst thing I ever forgot to pack since I am the "official" packer for the entire family was DH's unmentionables which he took as a personal affront. Imagine that. The good news: we bought him all new. Now, I check and double check my never ending list as I pack.
:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
My motto of you pack it, you carry it tends to keep "mistakes" to a minimum. You would be surprised how the list of essentials gets weeded down as the suitcase gets heavier.

Patty
04-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Although it didn't make it into my "suitcase", six years ago I packed an envelope full of paper and crayons for my then 5 year old DD to use on the plane, she asked my to put it in my bag when we started through security. I had no idea she "added" to it, and imagine my suprise when security pulled me aside for questioning when they discovered not one but two pair of scissors in my carry on. :blush: Thankfully some of the TSA have a sense of humor, and young budding artists. DD only allowed to bring books now. :thumbsup:

LauraF
04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
My BF packed his cell phone charger but forgot the cell phone!:funny:

poeticeclipse
04-16-2008, 10:30 AM
i have two..
i once packed my remote control to the tv..lol i have no idea why...but i did..
and another time i packed my cordless phone..again i have no idea what i was thinking..lol

WHAT?! Good story!!! Did you mean to?

Not a Disney trip, but our cruise last summer...unpacked on the ship and found out that one of my puppies had decided to help me pack...nestled between two shoes was a large, half chewed rawhide bone!

I guess he just wanted us to remember him! All I could think of was if they had decided to open our bags in customs, what on earth they would have thought about it?

wendy

haha great Wendy! I think my dog would have brought me his "Blue" stuffed animals (from Blue's Clues). If you push its stomach it sings the Blue's Clues theme song so that really would have scared security to hear that out of no where!!

SurferStitch
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM

wendy

One of our cats did the same thing about 7 years ago. She was very interested in my packing ritual, and loved trying to jump in the suitcase when I wasn't looking. Well, we were unpacking our stuff on the first night of our trip at the Flo :cloud9:, and I found one of her little furry mice nestled in the clothing.

I have to admit, I teared up. It was just too cute.

Luckily my pups haven't left their gooey, sticky rawhides in our luggage (yet). :D And I stress, YET.