PDA

View Full Version : Requested Rooms

RockinRollerMom
04-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Has any-one had problems with getting the rooms/ building that they have requested? I know that when you put in your reqested that it is not guaranteed. We are planning on visiting Disney this December again and are going to be trying CSR for the first time. I really have my heart set on staying in Cabana 9b. How good are my chances of getting the building that I request? (we are checking in on a Tuesday.):mjump:

DawsonAR
04-15-2008, 01:30 PM
We have only had our request honored once. One time we requested a ground floor room at POR due to wheelchair use. When we arrived we were placed on the second floor with no elevator. We had to carry my DD up the stairs. We were moved after the first night. That was our last stay at POR. Good Luck

KylesMom
04-15-2008, 01:59 PM
We, too, have only gotten our requested location once, and that was when we were staying one night at All Star Music before we transferred to Ft. Wilderness Cabins.

However, we've never been disappointed with the room we've been placed in - and we've been the recipients of some awful nice room view upgrades! :mickey: In fact, I quit requesting locations and let Disney "pick" for me.

threeh
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't worry, it's Disney!!!
Just keep in mind that if you don't get what you want and your room turns out not right you can just ask for a new one,new location. I've usually had my room reuqests met (and a surprise upgrade once). Our very first trip they never got our request so we didn't have a balcony and we were able to change to a room with one the next day.

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

bigbabyblues
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Sometimes we get what we ask for, sometimes we don't. It's never really bothered me, they're just requests, and nothing is guaranteed unless you pay for it.

We've never been disappointed with a location we were given, so it's all good!!!

Steph

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2008, 08:21 PM
We have stayed on property several different times. A few of those times we did request something, I have never been lucky enough to have a request fulfilled, we even once paid for a preferred location at POP and did not get it till the last 2 nights of our 8 day vacation, whole other topic itself there. I must say though last year we did request a building at CBR and did not get it but the lady at checkin said she would check to see what see could do and we did get close after waiting till 5PM that evening. It's totally luck of the draw with requests, I guess we just are not the lucky type in that aspect but we are in WDW! Don't get your hopes up and if you get it it feels like it's a bonus. If it is something you require consider upgrading to a preferred location. Good luck!

#1donaldfan
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
We have stayed at POR 4 yrs in a row and have ALWAYS got our building request !!!!

I don't know if it's just luck....

....but Disney has honored our request each and every time....I understand and tell everyone that it's just a request and not to expect it......don't get upset if you don't get your request, your at Disney, so enjoy !!!

we've only done summer months of June / July / August...

cal5755
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I am wondering if my request is going to be to hard lol.

I am going to request that all 3 rooms be together with my room in the middle specifically. You see with Aunt Apple being 96.. sometimes she is up in the middle of the night and I don't want her disturb other guests if she decides to sing coming around the mountain at 3 am lol. Plus we are going to request ground floor as a secondary request because of her age and the use of a wheelchair... that is not important to us though because they have elevators. I am just wondering if they will make it so all 3 rooms are together with mine in the middle.

Polynesian Dweller
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
The short answer is Yes we've had problems some trips. You can increase your chances by sending a fax about 4 days before (if your resort accepts them, not all do) and give a good reason for the request and ask nicely. But that only can help not guarantee.

lulu'smom
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I've had my requests met maybe 25% of the time. And I don't make tons of requests either. The last one was to be in the Alligator Bayou section of POR, and I didn't get it. Time before that my request was 3rd floor Raratonga at the Poly. And I got 1st floor Tokelau. I know a request is just that, but I will admit to being a little miffed :mad:that they couldn't even manage to put me in the AB section of POR. It is a huge resort, how could they not have 1 room in that section? :confused:

I just try and remember that even if I am not exactly where I want to be, I am at Disney, and that is the important thing!:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
The only time that we have not gotten our request is when they redesignated the Toy Story Building as preferred rooms. When we had made our reservations and request Toy Story was still considered Standard Rooms.

RockinRollerMom
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your input! I really appreciate it.

Crazeedisneefinatic... (or any-one else that might know the answer)You sugested that I upgrade to a preferred room. Do you know if they have preferred rooms at CSR? I thought they only had waterview or standard.

azdisneymom
04-16-2008, 12:41 AM
We, too, have been one of the fortunate ones to have had most of our requests honored. Then again we have only been 4 times.

The one time we didn't was because we had requested a specific floor at AKL, foolishly thinking we knew the best floors to view animals from. Disney put us on a floor we were just sure would be awful. Boy were we wrong. It was the best view we ever had. I think if you tell them why a certain room, floor, view is important they might be able to steer you in the perfect direction.

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 08:55 AM
We wanted the Toy Story building at ASMo back when my DS was little and it was completely booked. We paid for a courtyard view at WL in 06 and got stuck locking at the bushes between our room and the sidewalk on the Villas side instead of the beautiful main lodge courtyard. It just depends on when you check in, how booked they are and what mood the CM at the desk is in.

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone for all of your input! I really appreciate it.

Crazeedisneefinatic... (or any-one else that might know the answer)You sugested that I upgrade to a preferred room. Do you know if they have preferred rooms at CSR? I thought they only had waterview or standard.I believe you are correct--there are only water view and standard view rooms at Coronado Springs.

Personally, we've had our requests met quite a few times, but not always. My best advice is to not have your heart set on just one building, but also have a couple back-up buildings in mind. That way when you check in if there is not a room in your preferred building, you can always look to see if there is one available in one of the other locations. And check-in as early as possible on Tuesday to increase your chances of getting a room that you like.:mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
I believe you are correct--there are only water view and standard view rooms at Coronado Springs.

Personally, we've had our requests met quite a few times, but not always. My best advice is to not have your heart set on just one building, but also have a couple back-up buildings in mind. That way when you check in if there is not a room in your preferred building, you can always look to see if there is one available in one of the other locations. And check-in as early as possible on Tuesday to increase your chances of getting a room that you like.:mickey:

Well, I guess this kind of works out to DH and I's advantage for our trip coming up in two week at Pop for our anniversary. We've requested a king bed in the 50's.

Last year we did the same and received a handicap king bed room in the 80's section upon our Saturday afternoon check in. The walk stunk but we thought "we'll deal with it." Then we saw the room and realized that it was handicap with the actual handicap shower... no tub! The toilet was in the same room as the shower head which would have made a real mess and that just wasn't cool. We also had discussed how much we dislike having to take handicap rooms when someone might actually NEED it and may not get one because we occupied it. We called down to the front desk and they told us to walk back down and they'd see what they could do. We made the trek back and they ended up putting us in a 50's section king bed room that only had the handicap railing for the toilet. Much better and we felt more comfortable taking it. They told us that they tried to put us in a room with a fridge for free and that's why they put us in the 80's room. Ehh... nice gesture but it wasn't that big of a deal to us.