PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Options at MK - opinions please

Marker
04-15-2008, 08:24 AM
The Magic Kingdom only has 4 table service options on the dining plan The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant,
Liberty Tree Tavern and The Crystal Palace.

Tony's is the only one I've eaten at, though it was several years ago, 2002 I believe.

I'd like to hear people's comments about these 4 places. I'm not interested in character meal, though I'm not opposed either. Actually, I guess I've never been to one.

I currently have ADRs for Tony's (5:15) and Liberty Tree (1:00) on the same day, one will be cancelled, or both if I decide on another place entirely. I'll be visiting with my daughter (20).

I appreciate your comment.

Hayden's Dad
04-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Well Crystal Palace is nice, but all the meals there are character and it is a buffet. We like lunch there the best.

Liberty Tree is a charcter meal for dinner all the others are not. We have only been there for dinner, and we enjoyed it.

Tony's is nice, but it could be more. I would probably go with one of the other two before Tony's.

I haven't been to the Plaza Restraunt so can't give an opinion there.

I am sure you will have a good time no matter which one you decide on. :mickey:

Krystal_Rose
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
We also have eaten at Crystal Palace, for dinner. The food was good, not our favorite place to eat, but we would eat there again. If you have kids in your party, they would love this. The kids selection is very good there, and it is a character meal. They also had a very large dessert selection.

illini
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
We've eaten at CP for lunch and dinner several times. Usually we find that they have the best buffet selection of any of the character buffets. Lots of salads. Like anywhere Disney, it's a little hit or miss, but CP is definitely more likely to hit.

LTT we did for dinner and "Blech!" is the nicest way I can describe the food (characters were A+). I've heard that it's actually quite good for lunch. Just don't order mashed potatoes or stuffing, unless you like boxed stuff. Ugh.

Haven't tried Tony's or The Plaza. I'd personally probably try LTT for lunch.

krorx
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
We actually loved LTT. CP is fun for characters meals and has a nice enough buffet. We ate at Tony's our first trip and found it to be nice but nothing special. I have always wanted to try the Plaza. Has anyone ever eaten there? I'm curious myself.

Hammer
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
The Magic Kingdom only has 4 table service options on the dining plan The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant,
Liberty Tree Tavern and The Crystal Palace.

There is also Cinderella's Royal Table at 2TS, but I don't think a Princess meal is what you had in mind, except with your daughter ;).

Tony's is the only one I've eaten at, though it was several years ago, 2002 I believe.

I'd like to hear people's comments about these 4 places. I'm not interested in character meal, though I'm not opposed either. Actually, I guess I've never been to one.

I currently have ADRs for Tony's (5:15) and Liberty Tree (1:00) on the same day, one will be cancelled, or both if I decide on another place entirely. I'll be visiting with my daughter (20).

I appreciate your comment.

I am having the same quandry as you. We have Tony's scheduled for lunch on our last full day, but are unsure if we want to keep it. I've eaten at Crystal Palace for lunch and dinner and it is quite tasty, though I think I prefer lunch. We decided not to eat there this trip as this will be our non character meal year. My thoughts are to keep Liberty Tree Tavern and maybe go to a monorail resort or Wilderness Lodge for dinner.

cal5755
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
LTT is great for lunch... yummy!! I would keep that adr.

CP is great for lunch and dinner.. never had breakfast.

Never tried the other two. I will try Tony's on next trip though!

Hope you have a magical vacation!!

Kenny1113
04-15-2008, 09:36 AM
I've done the Plaza for lunch, it was good. Cute little rest. I think cheaper than the other TS. I remember it being only a little more than the CS for lunch.

Quasimodo
04-15-2008, 09:40 AM
We've eaten ate every TS restaurant in MK and I have to say that none of them has really knocked my socks off.

I would say that I like Liberty Tree the best. Its not great, but I think the food is good. The service there has been bad a couple of times though. Our server didn't seem to speak or understand English very well and would disappear for long periods of time. And the restaurant was nearly empty at the time.

I also like Tony's, but mainly for one particular menu item. The NY Strip Steak. The rest of the menu is just so-so.

The atmosphere of Cinderella's is very nice. Plus its always exciting to eat IN the castle. The food is good, but not great.

Crystal Palace is just average in my opinion. But I am not a big buffet person. So we don't eat there often. Plus none of us are Pooh fans, which are the characters at CP.

The Plaza Pavilion is more of a sandwich shop. I didn't really care for it when we ate there for dinner. I left there hungry and unsatisfied. Probably would be good for lunch though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I have only been to LTT (have Crystal Palace and Tony's scheduled for this trip), and it is a favourite of our family!

We've usually go for dinner, although I hear that lunch is quite good too. We like the food, and love the character interaction in a quieter environment. It isn't too loud, and the characters aren't bouncing all over the place, although we have had the best character interaction at LTT, both in terms of quality and quantity.

Disneyatic
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern is our favorite restaurant in MK. We have only done dinner, but their lunch menu looks very unique and interesting.

We tried the Plaza for a late lunch and enjoyed it. It was mostly light type fare, but very good and reasonably priced.

I would like to try Tony's but DH isn't a fan of italian.

I would recommend that you try The Plaza, but maybe check out the menu on here first and see if anything strikes you.

NJGIRL
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I have been to three of the four. Here is my opinion.

Tony's-only place in Disney we didn't like the food at all and felt like we were riped off as far as the price (sauce was like ragu)

Crystal Palace- The best buffet breakfast in all of WDW. You can't go wrong there.

Liberty Tree Tavern- (lunch) Love this place for lunch!!!!! Food is good and atmosphere is laid back. Cool place to escape the heat and craziness. A must every trip.

Jared
04-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I really like Liberty Tree Tavern for both meals, despite their differences. Lunch might be the better option for you because of the traditional menu and style. I don't have much interest in character meals, but the Thanksgiving feast at Liberty Tree Tavern is delicious, and the characters are fun.

:tasty:

lilunsure
04-15-2008, 10:38 AM
We’ve eaten at the Crystal Palace, Tony’s and the Liberty Tree Tavern. We all agree that we will not be doing Tony’s again. My daughter wants to do the Crystal Palace on our up coming trip and my DH and I want to do the Liberty Tree Tavern. We told her she was out voted on this one. We are taking her to the rest of her picks but we are only doing one TS in the Magic Kingdom and we both like the Liberty Tree better.

trapper
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
We too have eaten at 3 of the 4 restuarants. Tonys was good but it is expensive for pasta, Liberty Tree was good we went for dinner and it was a character meal but we did enjoy the food, and The Plaza was very good for lunch because it is a step up from the CS in that you get to sit down but the menu is sandwiches it was really, really good plus we had ice cream for dessert mmmmmm. And we did eat breakfast at the Castle and that was excellent.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-15-2008, 11:28 AM
:blush: The only one we haven't eaten at is Tony's, but we will be eating there on our trip in December.

Crystal Palace-Ate there twice for lunch, once was great, once was awful. I think the awful experience was not normal and we will eat there again. Characters at lunch are Winnie the Pooh characters.

Liberty tree Travern-I believe the characters are only at dinner because we ate there for lunch and there weren't any characters. Food is good, but not great.

Plaza-Good sundae's and milkshakes...burgers and sandwiches, not what I want for TS.

Cinderella's Royal Table-We ate dinner there and it was probably the best meal we've eaten in MK. The CM address you as royalty and that is really fun. The only downside is that it is a little expensive and takes two TS credits on the dining plan. If you eat there for dinner, eat a little later so you can stick around and watch Wishes from the restaurant.

mdhiggin
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
I've eaten at Tony's for breakfast when Crystal Palace was closed, and they had Pooh, Tigger, etc.
This trip with the free dining, I wasn't very excited about MK's choices, so we're going to O'hana and Chef Mickey when we're at MK. It's just a quick monorail trip and right back to the park. We're also going to the Whispering Canyon Cafe which we can take the boat from Mk for and zip right back.

joonyer
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
We like to do CP for breakfast early before park opening, and then get an early start on the day ahead of the crowds. The food has always been good and plenty of it of course. We eat a big breakfast and then skip lunch, just get a snack for the boys. I happen to like buffets and all the different choices. We've always had a great experience there.

c&d
04-15-2008, 03:07 PM
We ate at the Plaza Restaurant a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. It's a small restaurant but the windows are large and you can people watch as you eat. I think I had a sandwich and DH had a burger. We had really good ice cream floats.

DisneyTeen
04-15-2008, 03:24 PM
The Plaza Restaurant is small but nice. Its perfect for lunch as its mostly a sandwich place. I had a burger and a milk shake and its was great. The price isn't as much as a normal TS but I thought the burger was better than a CS.

tomatoe pie
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
we have tried them all and find crt and cp both to be very good. it's either a sit down order or a buffet. i think the kids enjoyed the food at cp best but we all like the characters (especially at night) at crt.:magic:

mudpuppysmom
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
We've eaten at Tony's and Crystal Palace. Out of those two I'd go back to CP. This last trip we had breakfast at CP and it was better than dinner (which was just OK, but way better than Tony's).

Tony's used to be MUCH better but I feel the food quality has fallen off a great deal there.

Now Tony's has a menu to order from while CP is a buffet plus it has characters, so it depends on what type of dining experience you are looking for......if you don't want characters and buffet I'd look into one of the others as I still would not choose Tony's as my second or third choice......like someone else said, I'd leave MK and go to the GF, Poly, Contemp or WL and eat at one of those places if you really can't find a fit for you and your daughter.

Mickey91
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Our favorite is LTT for dinner. We also like The Plaza Restaurant for lunch.:mickey: