PDA

View Full Version : As the Disney World Turns... Day 4-- MK, my BD, a secret revealed & Thunderbirds

MsMin
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
April 7th 2008 Day 4
To all of our friends who have followed along and waited patiently as we post our little “inside” jokes and secretly torment Bret… today the truth will be revealed… Why? First I have to apologize for those who waited for live reports and we didn’t follow through. I actually sat up and wrote some reports but we had a little snag… Bret wasn’t tickled with our little prank so we promised not to put anything on Intercot until he saw the photos first. We have not gotten all of the photos to him yet so there are many more for him to review but I thought I would share a little with you so you will catch all of our jokes. Yes, we have made remarks, so many that Bret did figure it out but in this report you will see the antics! True it always helps to “be there” but what really worked well for us is that the characters and photopass photographers joined in… :rocks:
Day 4
The Magic Kingdom and it’s open until 2am… We get up early and head to WDW… not too early b/c we get there near 10am. We slept in a little late b/c the park would be open til 2am so we needed to get plenty of rest.
When we get off of the bus at MK they make the announcement that the THUNDERBIRDS would be flying over the MK at about 10:30 am…. :blush: wow, for me? For my birthday.. thanks guys… We waited patiently and the skies were very grey (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2780703770083799695xcVzRl)with big billowing clouds. We hear the flyover is delayed and we do several photopass and play around Main Street till about 11:30. We decide to get a bite to eat and a little shopping done so we head to Columbia House for one of Angel’s favorites—the clam chowder. Sherrie and I, who are not as brave go for the “non clam” varieties. Lunch was delicious, I have not eaten there in years and really enjoyed it, I even tasted Angel’s chowder…
We stop in the Christmas shop nearby to view the latest in Christmas decorations. We all love our Disney ornaments. We get word that the flyover may happen in about 15 mins and we head back to Main Street and wait and chat with many Disney employees who are also waiting. There is a rumor that it’s canceled and we start to leave and then we get word that it will happen in about another 15 minutes… The crowd gets very anxious as we all hear the rumble of the jets in the distance. You can hear murmurs in the crowd… listen they are coming… only to find it’s the sound of a custodian pushing a dumpster… Finally Zooom… (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2027941750083799695OIqUbU)and we wait then… Zoom… (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2042937670083799695wgaqkK). We view our shots… we had a BIG PLAN… (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2711498590083799695KQtJTP)Angel would do the video clip while Sherrie and I did the still shots. Sherrie faced the castle and I faced the train station… we had our own film crew. We were told there would be a flight both up and down but they returned for a 3rd and we got some great shots…
As mentioned we became very familiar with the CM’s on Main Street. The fireman sees my BD button and of course Angel can’t miss an opportunity to get someone to sing. Then the ladies of Main Street get involved. Remember when I said Bret has been a little flat when we sing??? Well Bret is really flat… (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2628056900083799695vasXMj)The ladies love him and decide to have a limbo contest and BRET WINS… (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2946305660083799695LYKLGZ).. he got down so low…. He was a hit with the ladies… Bret just didn’t know how much fun he had.
After the entertainment we finally head to Tomorrowland to ride some rides…. It’s my turn now commando…. We hit the Laughing Floor, Buzz, and CoP, jump in a shop and get some refreshments and on to Fantasyland with Mickey’s Philharmagic and somewhere in there we did HM. Time just flies by and we decide to head out to the Poly for our 5:20 dinner reservations and if time allows we will drop by the Contemporary. There were some monorail problems but before long we were on our way and head to the Kona Café for more fun and this time drinks…. We are having such fun that the waitress asks if we had already been drinking??? We were only running on Disney magic but we soon imbibe, even Sherrie gets a drink… Mine comes with a hidden Mickey (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2368836610083799695yKuHtO)for my BD and we have a great meal, making new friends at the surrounding tables, played a prank on the waitress in front of her boss :thedolls: She had spilled a drink on a gentleman and was very embarrassed so we planned to tip over an empty glass when she stepped up to the table, only we didn’t know she was with her boss… I hope she has recovered. She brought her boss to show her that she wanted to award a magical moment to BRET!! She said it was the first time she wanted to give a magical moment (our second for the trip) to someone who was not there. We took many more photos but you will have to get those from Angel…
Dinner was great and my wonderful friends Sherrie and Angel treat me to that fabulous dinner. Thank you both for a wonderful birthday (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2174256670083799695iibboH). We head back and stop by the contemporary on our way back, Bret mentioned the episode in the monorail with the Disney employees and we head back to MK for the EMH and more fun.
The Spectro Magic parade is about to head down Main Street when we arrive so we shop and watch the parade before heading to Adventureland and have the best Jungle Cruise I’ve been on in years. If you haven’t done it in the dark I highly recommend it… From there we head to PoC where we have a little confusion with the line and we end up getting coupons for goodies for our patience… :bar: We get some more photopass in and end up at Big Thunder where some how we manage to ride it through twice and that did Sherrie in for the night. A wonderful day with wonderful friends… Oh but to finish the day.. we head back to the room and get there about 1:40 and my kids had sent me flowers (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2845051330083799695PRMhmH)and balloons (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2017811720083799695bBSdRY)for my BD :party2: and I have a signed picture from Mickey too (thanks Angel and Sherrie!)
And please, Angel has more pics.. don't forget to look for them and please thank Bret for being such a great sport. We told everyone he really wanted to come and introduced them to the 2-D Bret. We were glad he was part of our wonderful trip!

wdwgrl377
04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
What a great day Beth! Thanks for sharing the pics too, in this report! I can't wait to see and read more!! :mickey:

You had a wonderful birthday!! The flowers and balloons were so nice!! :thumbsup:

KineGirl
04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
alls I wanna know is ....

how do you get the Thunderbirds to do a flyover for MY birthday?!?! My own mother is a CM and I NEVER got treatment like that! Im going to have to talk to that woman! LOL and it looks like Bret had more fun than he expected! and he thought he wasnt going ;) Sounds like it was a great trip and thanks for those amazing pics!

SgtTigger
04-14-2008, 11:28 PM
The Magic Kingdom and it’s open until 2am… We get up early and head to WDW…

OK if you are heading to WDW where were you????

I thought you were staying at the All-Stars??

That is at WDW..... So what you are telling us is that you are headed to Magic Kingdom.....

I only bug you about this because I heard a story about someone else saying this and yall set them straight............. remember when you went under that lit up sign you were in WDW..... :D I also heard you got there first???? if only by an arms length........

2-d Bret...... better than no Bret.........

:cop: :tigger:

MsMin
04-15-2008, 12:13 AM
OK if you are heading to WDW where were you????

I thought you were staying at the All-Stars??

That is at WDW..... So what you are telling us is that you are headed to Magic Kingdom.....

I only bug you about this because I heard a story about someone else saying this and yall set them straight............. remember when you went under that lit up sign you were in WDW..... :D I also heard you got there first???? if only by an arms length........

2-d Bret...... better than no Bret.........

:cop: :tigger:
Okay you got me... We were in WDW... where were you on the first edit?? When I was young WDW was practically the MK b/c that was all there was...
And Bret you did have a lot of fun... Bobby didn't even get his picture taken :fresh:

pdrlkr
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the great report! :smickey:

Here we go again...
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Does this mean that I have permission to post my trip reports?????? :mickey:

Bret still is not talking to me... he thinks I am the mean one... :(

MsMin
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Does this mean that I have permission to post my trip reports?????? :mickey:

Bret still is not talking to me... he thinks I am the mean one... :(

I think it's okay... besides he has the idea and just refrain from posting the really bad ones :thedolls: you know the frog.
Didn't you see in my report, you are the wicked step sister and Sherrie and I are the Cinderella sisters :D You did all the bad stuff and Sherrie and I had to do all the work like take the luggage to the room, get the car in the :rain: :fresh:

Nascfan
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
What a fun trip! Thank you for sharing Beth. :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
04-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Didn't you see in my report, you are the wicked step sister and Sherrie and I are the Cinderella sisters :D You did all the bad stuff and Sherrie and I had to do all the work like take the luggage to the room, get the car in the :rain:

:blah: :blah: :blah:
yeah right... me a bad person. :noway:
Me = :angel:
You = :thedolls:

MsMin
04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
:blah: :blah: :blah:
yeah right... me a bad person. :noway:
Me = :angel:
You = :thedolls:

ok you can be a princess too. But don't you remember the photopass guy said I was the princess???? Maybe we should go back and ask him if you can be the princess too?

DizNee143
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
i had a feeling it was gonna be a cut out of bret...see so he did end up going with you guys and having a great time...not your fault he cant remember the trio whatsoever!! lol..
thanx for sharing your trip..i had a blast reading..now im off to read the other 9834759 versions..lol :mickey:

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
You know, I'm working on a "Flat Stanley" project with my son right now. I wonder if I could substitute Brett for Stanley - now THAT would be educational for DS' 4th Grade classmates! :mickey:

Kidding aside, what a wonderful, magical birthday you had. From beginning to end, I bet it's a day you'll never forget. Thanks for sharing it all with us! :mickey:

faline
04-17-2008, 12:17 PM
They flyover was pretty amazing - even if I, like Brett, only got to see it in pictures!

What a wonderful birthday celebration!

cal5755
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
That is way too much fun!! Love the pic of Brett.. how awesome to get MM while not even being there... the limbo was great!! Such Fun!!

tinkerbell04
04-18-2008, 06:24 PM
What a great day! LOVED the pictures! Fantastic shots of the fly over, I would have loved to have seen that in person.

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2008, 12:54 AM
What a great birthday:thumbsup:
I'ld like to take flat Brett on a trip with us sometime;) He looks like alot of fun:secret:

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks for sharing your fabulous birthday with us. I donwloaded some of your flyover pix. :mickey:

BTE, Bret looked WAY too comfy between those two ladies:blush:

MsMin
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
What a great birthday:thumbsup:
I'ld like to take flat Brett on a trip with us sometime;) He looks like alot of fun:secret:

Thanks for sharing your fabulous birthday with us. I donwloaded some of your flyover pix. :mickey:

BTE, Bret looked WAY too comfy between those two ladies:blush:

I don't know after this past trip I think flat Bret is looking forward to retirement... How about a flat Pogo??? or Ian? Flat Frankie... that has a nice ring to it. Flat guys are so much fun... they never complain especially when shopping...
Ya'll feel free to download whatever Thunderbird pics you want. Don't forget to check out Angel's video... but you had better be sitting down....:thedolls: