PDA

View Full Version : On the road!

Alligirl
04-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Hello all!

My DD has been very fortunate in securing a summer internship in the field she wants to eventually work in! She is very excited about it of course but... It means traveling for 6 weeks and while the company is graciously paying for the travel and the hotels she will be in big cities on a limited budget. What I am looking for from you all are meal ideas! Hopefully the hotels come with breakfast, but "cheap" meals in the city usually means fast food and that wont be a healthy choice! Any clever ideas out there? Thanks!
~Allison

murphy1
04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I was a road warrior (LOL) in Florida and traveled all over (except Miami) from age 24 to 29, it was a great experience. She can pack good snacks like stuff with peanut butter, gatorade, crackers, fruit. I took stuff from the breakfast area of the hotels I stayed at for later. A lot of the chain places have healthier meals. I was a long distance runner and worked out five days a week, so I also ate smaller meals. There's always Subway, too, I ate a lot of their Veggie Delights. Even fast food places have salads and healthier options now. Water is great, too, b/c it keeps you hydrated and that's important when you travel a lot. The companies I was a rep for were on a budget, too, so I know how that can be. That was one of the best experiences for me, of course I made quite a few stopovers in Orlando area ;)