PDA

View Full Version : Our 20th Anniversary Trip Day 5/Last day

Rosemickey68
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Cast: DH and myself
Dates: 4/3/08 to 4/7/08

Woke up at 8:30am and packed our bags.
We had express check out so we didn't have to go to the desk. However, since we were flying Southwest we had to go to the luggage assistance for them to hold our bags. However we had a reservation for pick up with ME at 2:15pm to return to MCO as our flight was at 5:10pm.
The day was beautiful and sunny...of course!! Ha!
Ate Brkfst one last time at "Everything Pop". DH had the adult brkfst platter $6.29 (eggs, sausage,bacon, potatoes, and biscuit) and I had the Ham/Cheese Omelete $6.69 and used our refillable mugs yet again!
We headed for AK and went straight to expedition everst and used our VIP FP and got right on....the line was already 120 minutes on standby!
We then went to Kilamanjaro Safari and used our VIP FP for the last time and got right on. The wait time was already 110 minutes on standby.
We ate at Yak & Yeti CS We both got the chicken fried rice $3.99 each and an order of egg rolls (comes with 2) at $3.29 and 2 cups of water. Fried rice was okay...Egg Rolls were good!
We walked around and took in the view and shopped a little. Listened to Tam Tam Congo and took the bus back to Pop to freshen up...shop one last time at the resort before leaving, refilled our mugs for the last time at WDW, grabbed our luggage and sat on the bench and sipped our drinks and waited sadly for the ME to arrive to take us away.

Some Final Notes:
We had a great trip and still got to do alot despite all the rain. It was probably one of the most relaxing trips we have had at WDW. It was fun playing in the rain at times and watching all the kids & castmembers play in the rain. We never saw the Dream Team...but they had to be around as we saw a large group of people walk by at MK with the dream Mickey Ears they give away. I guess we got lucky and had our own dream team in getting those wonderful VIP Fast Passes and the 2 unknown kind people who gave us those fast passes for ToT of which are thankful for.
One last tip: bring an umbrella and poncho if you go during April, always have a plan B or go with the flow if it rains and rides/shows close.
Bring extra shoes/socks or wear those crocs!

***Apparently my DH has now caught the Disney bug as he is planning our next trip already for November 2008*** It only took 20 years!!!! HA!:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for sharing! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I really enjoyed reading your trip report! I'm glad you had a great time in WDW for your anniversary!! YAY another trip is being planned!! Whoo hoo!! :woohoo:
Thanks for sharing!! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the reports! Good luck with planning your next trip!!:mickey:

faline
04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
November? That's not so far away! Enjoy planning another wonderful trip!

Disneymom4ever
04-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Yay, he caught the bug we all have! I'm so glad you had a great trip, despite the rain. Now, my BIL works at DW and says November is the BEST month to come, says the weather is GREAT, and low crowds (other than Thanksgiving week). You better start planning, it will be here before you know it! Thanks again for the reports! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Despite the drippy weather, it sounds like you and DH had a wonderful anniversary. Congrats on returning to the magic so soon! Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

cal5755
04-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for sharing your anniversary vacation.. I loved reading all about it.... so glad you had a wonderful and relaxing time despite all the rain. WOOHHOOO for turning you dh into an addict and have tons of fun in November!!

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks everyone...glad I could share our "Little April Shower" trip! I kept singing that song off and on during our trip and noticed a few others singing it as well.
really funny how the DH has caught the Disney bug! I was raised on Disney as we lived in CA and would drive up to Disneyland all the time when I was little. I usually plan all of our trips w/ the kids but this time he is making the plans....I see him on the laptop reading the intercot boards alot lately!!
He is so excited about the upcoming November trip.
I am praying it doesn't rain the whole time we are there...but if it does we will remain WDW troopers and carry on with the fun!:mickey:

laward32
04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I enjoyed all of your trip reports. On our last trip which was Oct 07 it rained every day and of course, like your trip, the day we left it was sunny with not a cloud in the sky. It was also deserted at MK the morning we left. I still had a great time, as you did.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I've enjoyed reading your reports. Happy Anniversary. :mickey::mickey:

I must agree about shoes and socks. I actually wear my crocs with socks, however, if it is wet, I take off my socks and within a few minutes after the rain, my feet are dry. NO BLISTERS!! I love my crocs. I buy a new pair every six months.