PDA

View Full Version : Our 20th Anniversary Trip Day 3

Rosemickey68
04-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Cast: DH and myself
Dates: 4/3/08 to 4/7/08

Today we woke up at 8am and ate brkfst at "Everything Pop". DH had the Western Omelet $6.69 and I had the Breakfast Wrap (eggs, bacon, cheese in a tortilla) $5.69 and of course we had our handy refillable mugs to put DH's coffee in and Apple Juice in mine (found on the soda fountain!). Food was good again.

Got in line at the bus stop...only took 5 minutes for the bus to arrive and headed for MK. I just love the smell when walking in the park and down main street!!! There were characters right inside of the park (haven't seen that happen in a long time!) It was nice! Went to Stitch's experiment..wait was 5 minutes, Pretty funny! We had not done the Stitch thing as it was Alien Encounter the last time we came to MK. Headed to Buzz Lightyear...as always a winner!! Wait time was 15 minutes. Headed to Space Mountain, wait time 20 minutes. Shopped a little and got my DH a turkey leg ($5.69 he had never had a turkey leg and always drooled over them before!) and I got a pretzel with cheese $3.59, apple $.99 with 2 cups of water (free). Wanted just a snack as we had an ADR at Boma's at 5:50pm.
Headed over to the Haunted Mansion as we walked and ate our snack. wait time was 15 minutes. There was a little girl dressed up in a haunted mansion maid costume holding the ghost dog leash standing next to a castmember getting her picture taken by the hearse...she was cute! Liked the improvements on the HM...it has always been one of my favorites.
Headed for the Hall of Presidents. Attempted to go on Splash Mountain...again pouring rain!!! It was so bad the ponchos weren't helping! most of the outdoor rides closed down as it was thundering and lightening. So we headed to Pirates and walked right on the ride! Had not seen it personally with Captain Sparrow added, I just love Johnny Depp!!!! It was great! The Disney Dreams Come True parade was to start at 3pm and it had cleared up a little until another down pour came. The castmembers that normally walked around main street to clear off the area were getting soaked and laughing. The parade was cancelled due to inclement weather as it started thundering and lightening again. So...we shopped a little and then headed for AKL to sit by the fireplace and take in the view before eating at Boma. There is something so relaxing about AKL...I just love it there!!
At Boma the crew all said Happy Anniversary to us and gave us a card signed by everyone working that night..waitstaff,cooks and all. most of it we can't understand what it says so we had to get it translated! It was very nice and as always the food is awesome...we love the different spices that are used.

Some of the walk areas were so slick from the rain that some were closed off. so we decided to chance it and head back for MK. As we were waiting for the bus for MK to show up...one of the bus drivers dropping off from Epcot sang "Happy Anniversary" to the tune of the Lone Ranger....he said "it was the best he could do in such short notice". It was great and funny!!!!
We went to Mickey's PhilharMagic (we just love it!). We had gotten soaked all day and our shoes were soaked...the outdoor rides were still closed...and we had done all the shopping we could do at MK, and being in Fantasyland...all the rides wait times were long or FP was during or past the time of the parades/fireworks..so we took a nice romantic stroll around the MK looking at the lights and around the castle got some coffee and sat on the bench in front of the castle taking the sites all in...of course taking a few pix too!
Spectromagic started as we were sitting and gazing. We had never seen that....it was beautiful! and then of course the best firework show ever "Wishes"...bought the CD this time!
It started pouring again after the fireworks so...
We decided to call it a night and headed back to Pop to clean up and get dry and rest for tomorrow!

Day 4 at Hollywood Studios next....

pdrlkr
04-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Sounds like fun even with the rain. I am enjoying your reports!!:mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Another great day. Sorry it's still raining, but I see that you didn't wait that much for most of the rides! That's awesome!! On to read more!! :mickey:

jilwil
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Even with all of the rain it sounds like you were able to make the most of your day. We love Boma!:tasty: We have only ate there at breakfast, but we are planning to have supper there the next time we go to WDW.

Disneymom4ever
04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry you had the rain to deal with, but it sounds like it really helped with the wait times on rides! On our last trip at Easter, we stopped at AKL just to check out the lodge, and we just sat in the lobby a while. What a relaxing resort, just loved it! Will have to try Boma next time. On to day 4!

faline
04-17-2008, 02:57 PM
What a soggy day! The weather just does not seem to be cooperating with you!

KylesMom
04-17-2008, 04:12 PM
so we took a nice romantic stroll around the MK looking at the lights and around the castle got some coffee and sat on the bench in front of the castle taking the sites all in...of course taking a few pix too!
What another great day of togetherness - of course, it would have been a bit nicer if the stars were shining in the sky!

dolphinmickey9170
04-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

cal5755
04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow how awesome and relaxing for the two of you with no kids.... can't wait for the day me and my dh get to do that!!

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
We love Boma...have only eaten there at Dinner...heard the breakfast was just as good..so, will have to try the breakfast on a future trip. I have to say it was nice without the kids as I think it made it more relaxing as we could do what we wanted and not have all the drama with the kids fussing about what to do next or "I want to ride this not that" or "buy me that...please, please, please" (Of course I may have said that a few times! HA!)...however it was strange at times and we missed them. We enjoyed watching the other kids faces and would often say "remember when he did that"..etc.
:mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
What a great day! Even though it was wet, it sounds like you made the best of it! So glad that you enjoyed everything. Isnt spectromagic and wishes magical?:mickey::cloud9::mickey:

slegrant
04-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Rain or shine Walt Disney World is the best, glad you're having a great anniversary trip.

Thanks for the reports!