PDA

View Full Version : Our 20th Anniversary Trip Day 2

Rosemickey68
04-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Cast: DH and myself

We actually slept until 9:30am (unusual on a WDW trip..usually wake up and run to the park before it opens!!!). Sleeping in was actually nice and we took our time getting ready. We walked over to the main bldg of Pop to get brkst at "Everything Pop" around 10:30am. It was crowded, but the lines move quickly and efficiently and it didn't take long at all. Deciding what to eat took the longest and if you want to sit and eat you have to be patient and on the lookout (as anywhere CS at Disney!). The food was good, DH got a fresh fruit cup with grapes, cantalope, honeydew, and strawberries $2.99, and I got a large bagel $2.29 and banana $.99. We both got the refillable mugs (which saved us $$$ at $12.49). We split the bagel and fruit. They had cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly, butter packets for free.

My DH has been looking into the DVC and the resort has a info spot setup so he talked to the DVC Castmember and decided we should take the tour. So we shopped while waiting for the DVC van to take us on the tour. We got to tour Saratoga Springs and then see a setup of the Animal Kingdom Villas and what each room would look like. VERY NICE!!!! They offer you some perks for taking the time to tour..which was nice! It only took about 1 1/2 hrs...but of course we had multiple questions. The castmembers are great and aren't pushy liked used car salespeople (no offense to anyone!)..they are just full of information on the DVC. We went back to our room to drop off our info given to us about DVC.

We then headed for Epcot...the wait for the bus was not long at all...maybe 10 minutes!?! The Flower & Garden festival was going on and the flowers were beautiful!!! Several Castmembers would stop and say "Happy Anniversary" to us. Rode Spaceship Earth then headed for Mission Space, I had rode Mission Space when it first opened and loved it and DH had chickened out and was determined to ride it. Of course we rode the "lighter" version this time. Having been on the full version before I can say it is still fun and the only difference I notice is that it is not as intense. I still loved it!! We went to Ice Station Cool (now called something else..can't remember the name!!!) to try the colas...my DH loves the Beverly (Yuck!) and convinced this man standing next to him to try it...and he loved it too!?!?! (Yuck..Yuck!!!)
We rode Finding Nemo next...very cute! and headed for Soaring...FP had all been given out for the day and the wait was 110 minutes..so we skipped it and walked around for a bit to view the flowers and sites as we had an ADR at Ohana's and headed for the Poly via monorail.

Our ADR was at 5:20pm but got in early as we had arrived approx 40 minutes before, which was great!!! Ohana's was wonderful!! The food was great and we both loved the bread pudding. Both DH and I believe it is a tie between Boma and Ohana and can't decide which we like better! It was $53.98 for 2 adults + tax. You could easily eat too much here as they constantly put food on your table or walk by and offer you shrimp, turkey, etc. The atmosphere was very nice.

We headed via monorail back to Epcot to tour the countries and watch illuminations. Of course my DH had to try :beer: from all over the world and hasn't decided which one he liked best. I got a :marg: from Cantina De San Angel which was good (I think it was $8.50 !?! as were most of DH's :beer:). We found a perfect spot to view illuminations and had our drinks. It started pouring rain and luckily we had our handy ponchos from a previous trip. Illuminations was awesome as always, afterwards it continued to rain and even though the park was open late due to EMH the park cleared out quite a bit. We continued touring the countries and strolling along. It was nice...at times it felt like we had the park to ourselves...until we decided to head back to Soaring to try once again. The stand by at this time showed 40 minutes (we found the other people!!!). It actually only took about 25 minutes to get on. If you haven't been on this ride you must ride it...It was AWESOME!!! What a great ride!!!!

The rain continued and we decided to keep strolling along stopping at stores and taking in the sites along the way.

We headed back to the room for another nights rest for the next day.

Day 3 at MK coming....

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a fun day 2!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
What a fun time. I like strolling around Epcot in the rain. It's a blast!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
04-14-2008, 09:56 PM
A great 2cd day!! I love strolling around the countries in World Showcase! I'm glad you both had a great time despite the rain! on to read more!! :thumbsup:

jilwil
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Sounds like another great day!:)

Disneymom4ever
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
What a nice day! How nice to just stroll the countries and take it all in. On to day 3!

faline
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
So, have you decided to take the plunge and become a DVC owner?

Terrific day and you certainly didn't let a little wet weather dampen your spirits!

KylesMom
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
What a nice, relaxing day - I'm glad you enjoyed Ohana! Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup:

cal5755
04-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Awesome fun at Epcot!! We would have stayed in the rain too... we have fun in the rain :mickey:

Rosemickey68
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Faline,
We are eventually going to become DVC members but DH wants to save the money up and pay it in full....with the exception of only having to pay the annual dues/fees. DH says "it isn't right to finance vacation". But we are truly interersted and love the AK Villas..so, hopefully we will have the money in time before they sell out!

Bethanymouse
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
What a great day in the parks! Glad to hear that you had such a great dinner at Ohana's, it is one of our absolute favorites! Thanks for sharing your day!:mickey: