PDA

View Full Version : DCL To Open Office in London

Ed
04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Disney Cruise Line plans a London office
Sara K. Clarke
Jason Garcia and Scott Powers, Sentinel Staff Writers

April 14, 2008

Disney Cruise Line plans to open a London office this summer and send some employees from Central Florida overseas.

A company spokeswoman said that about 20 employees will be stationed in the United Kingdom office, though not all will be people transferred from Central Florida. The operation there will be led by Tom Wolber, Disney Cruise Line's senior vice president and the company's No. 2 executive.

Disney Cruise Line currently has about 3,000 employees, about 1,000 of whom work in land-based operations at its Celebration headquarters, at Port Canaveral or one of several other locations.

Spokeswoman Christi Erwin Donnan said Disney Cruise Line is hoping to increase its presence internationally. The London office will also ensure Disney is "well-positioned to tap into the European market and competitively recruit new talent."

Disney is having two new liners built in Germany, which will double the size of the company's fleet to four ships when they arrive in 2011 and 2012. Many industry analysts expect Disney will then opt to base a ship permanently in Europe.

Pixie Power
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
:cool:

DisneyDudet
04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Hmmm what does this mean? Could it mean some more cruises on the other side of the world?

Hmmmmm:confused:

Ed
04-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Well, they can't very easily accommodate all four ships after the new ones come into service at Port Canaveral... that tells me that one or more will have to go elsewhere.

I'm still willing to bet that in the long run, 2 will remain at Port Canaveral, 1 in California, and 1 in the Mediterranean.

TammiMcMan
04-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm still willing to bet that in the long run, 2 will remain at Port Canaveral, 1 in California, and 1 in the Mediterranean.I completely agree Ed.

Pixie Power
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, they can't very easily accommodate all four ships after the new ones come into service at Port Canaveral... that tells me that one or more will have to go elsewhere.

I'm still willing to bet that in the long run, 2 will remain at Port Canaveral, 1 in California, and 1 in the Mediterranean.

That is my take on it as well. The Med was FANTASTIC last summer, so I think they could easily have a base there. & 1 :boat: in CA is a no-brainer. :number1: