PDA

View Full Version : New VMK Rumour

JPL
04-13-2008, 11:48 PM
A new Rumour about saving VMK has surfaced not sure how true it is but the source is usually pretty reliable.

If the petitions reach 20,000 signatures there is a chance they might save VMK. I figure it's worth a shot.

wizardmickey
04-14-2008, 12:03 AM
So WHICH petition is this for? I've put my name to 2 so far, and there seem to be so many going around...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-14-2008, 12:56 AM
20,000 signatures doesn't seem like a lot. We'd probably would be able to save VMK, IF they would take it. Course, we'd have to get everybody to sign one petition, and that's going to be crazy @_@

BikerPrince
04-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but having a set goal for signatures doesn't sound very legit. First of all, Disney wouldn't leak this information out; and second, the petitions that exist are totally unreliable. Have you scrolled down any of them to see who has signed? I saw Lily's "signature" no less than five times, one of which shows her saying how much she hates children. So I'd say a good percentage of the signatures (maybe 20%??) are either bogus or repeats. And if people are pushing to hit 20,000, that percentage will only go up.

That being said, it never hurts to keep trying. Whether or not the petition works, we need to make sure Disney knows how closing VMK is NOT in their best interest. I know there was a lot of fire in everyone's bellies after the big announcement; the only way we'll get through to Disney is if we are still showing that same fire a month from now. So keep writing, calling, doing everything you can...

best of luck
:sam:

GothMickey
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I wonder, are you all who are writing letters and signing fake petitions trying to save a video game also writing your Congressmen, Senators, and other political leaders complaining about the atrificially inflated price of gas, the terrible economy, the loss on millions of jobs, the troops in Iraq, etc??? Maybe if the Disney community took to a letter writing campaign about things that really matter in life instead of a video game, maybe voices will finally be heard. I mean, let's face it, if VMK goes away tomorrow, your life will still go on unchanged. However, if you lose your job, or gas prices continue to rise, those situations will really change your life. Let's so the fire to things that really matter.

Patricia
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Honestly, this is not a political forum, it's a Disney game forum. Please don't assume people don't care about anything else, because you came to a forum that is specific to Disney Online.
:confused:

As a good Canadian, I write letters when I have concerns (that's what Canadians do), but I wouldn't post a campaign about my political causes in a Disney game forum.. nor should you post your political comment's here either.

Aside from that, most of VMK's players are too young to worry about gas prices or losing their jobs..

terri.m
04-14-2008, 10:01 AM
That is good news. I did my share and signed for each member of my family. I hope everyone else does the same. This is an instance when every vote will count!

:mickey:

jjramsey
04-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I have signed both and sent a couple of letters, so JP, let us know which petition, just in case we missed one! It is always worth a try.

Chescat
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
This is not just a video game, this is a community that cares about kids and people. This game has brought people from all walks of life together because of their love of disney and having fun.

There are a lot of people that are handicapped and children that have disabilities and in hospitals that play this game just to be with other people and kids. No this isn't exaggerating. I know for a fact about some of these kids (some austistic kids, girl that can't go out of her house because she's allergic to everything, Slinkyman who has cancer) and adults that can't leave their houses.

It has given some people a place that they had no where else to go. It gives people a way to express themselves. They find that people care about them and they blossom from all the love in there.

Its a mean and cruel world out there and if this place gives people and escape from it, I'm going to fight to keep it. I go to disneyland parks to escape the bad stuff in my life, why not give it to people that don't have a chance do to that.

That said, I love you guys here and we are going to continue to fight this.

jjramsey
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Chescat,

Does 'chescat34' (for CP) mean that there are a lot of cats loose in CP :eek2:

Chescat
04-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Chescat,

Does 'chescat34' (for CP) mean that there are a lot of cats loose in CP :eek2:
Somebody got my chescat and ratcat title. I can't believe it. So I figured chescat12 would look dumb, so went to the next two numbers. :cool:

RicksCafe
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
As a good Canadian, I write letters when I have concerns (that's what Canadians do).... And those thousands of politely-worded, yet biting missives finally made Hitler crack on April 30, 1945. Let's not forget our history, people! You can make a difference!

Ricks (who teases his northern friends because he loves them... awww)

Alligirl
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
And those thousands of politely-worded, yet biting missives finally made Hitler crack on April 30, 1945. Let's not forget our history, people! You can make a difference!

Ricks (who teases his northern friends because he loves them... awww)

Oh dear you just crack me up!!!:D