PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Nascfan
04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
What do you call a pig who takes up Karate?

Ooo, ooo, is it a Pork Chop? :D

Nikki, I can't believe you're going to be at the same resort as us, but just leaving 2 days before we get there! Do you think we'll get the same room? Haha! (joining in Nikki's happy dance)

50 days! I'm totally excited!

Mickey'sGirl
04-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Ooo, ooo, is it a Pork Chop? :D
Isn't that Kiera Knightly? :D

drummerboy
04-24-2008, 02:20 PM
I just booked my Keys to the Kingdom tour!!! Who wants to join me in a happy dance? :dance::trio: I can't wait!
We took it a few years ago and loved it. I think in ways it made the magic more magical for us, just knowing all that goes into putting on the 'show'.

Has Rhonda been sending out secret question-blocking rays so she can :nono: ? I almost forgot my question.

BriarRose0708
04-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Nikki, I can't believe you're going to be at the same resort as us, but just leaving 2 days before we get there! Do you think we'll get the same room? Haha! (joining in Nikki's happy dance)

50 days! I'm totally excited!

Oh my goodness! I wish I could extend my trip to meet you! Do you want me to post what room I had so you can request it? I'm hoping to be in the 70's or 50's.

Beast_fanatic
04-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Want to go for a walk? It's 81 degrees and sunny today.

trackbarroness
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Actually Rhonda I got my usual 7 miles in today on TTA moving loading dock. Now will that explain why I feel so tired? Well you know with all that walking.
T.T.F.N.
Have a magical day

Nascfan
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh my goodness! I wish I could extend my trip to meet you! Do you want me to post what room I had so you can request it? I'm hoping to be in the 70's or 50's.

That would be great! haha! We've actually got "our room" requested. It's 50s bldg 3, room 3433 I think. You can see the fireworks from Illuminations right from the room looking right out the window. Every morning, open up the door, and there's Spaceship Earth. And off to the left you can see ToT at Studios. It's on the lake side so it's quiet. Gosh I can't wait. Have I said lately how excited I am?

Perfect weather Rhonda. Be right there!

Actually Rhonda I got my usual 7 miles in today on TTA moving loading dock. Now will that explain why I feel so tired? Well you know with all that walking.
T.T.F.N.
Have a magical day

7 miles? And I'll bet you feel like you went around in cirles! :D

disneydeb
04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I just booked my Keys to the Kingdom tour!!! Who wants to join me in a happy dance? :dance::trio: I can't wait!

I hope you all have a fantasic day!

I'd rather join you on the tour! But a Happy Dance is fun too!:D

I took fourth graders out for a walk after lunch instead of jumping into a test.. D

Do you think they love me?

Who wants to go back to work with me for a PTO meeting? YUCK!

offwego
04-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't know if it's kiera Knightley but I got it from Hannah Montana.

Scott & Nikki I'm so happy for you both. Will there be trip reports? Has anyone seen Frankie?

And Alex it can't be too hot for zoop since you can always have gazpacho instead right?

I've got to go summer suit shopping this weekend (the new job is not business casual at all and my old one tended to be less formal during the summer so I mostly have dresses or skits and tops but not suits. Any colour suggestions? I have a lot of summer weight black (big surprise) so I'll get some stuff to wear with that..I'm feeling white jackets maybe? I'd love a green jacket as well.

If only you didn't have to try it all on. Where are Clinton and Stacey when you want them?

disneydeb
04-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Natalie, I hear yellow is a great color this summer. Have great shopping weekend.

Do you all remember the list we had --- the one with JQ ers going to the meet in December? Does anyone remember where we left that last updated list?

Just wanting to check it once or twice. :D Good night good friends....:cloud9:

BriarRose0708
04-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Slow day around here today. Must be everyone was out enjoying the gorgeous weather!

Natalie, there will definately be a trip report! If I see Frankie, I'll let you know. As for your summer wardrobe, I was shopping a week ago and the big colors I noticed were green and pink, and a lot of yellow.

How was everyone's evening? It was a great night for tv! New Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and LOST. Could it get any better??

Sleep tight!

ElenitaB
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
It's late and I'm really tired so this will be quick. And I hope I don't offend anyone but I've only read back one page... so hugs and :pixie: to anyone needing them.

I'd love to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour... only a few more years until DS is old enough. (And no, I'm not wishing time away... just waiting patiently.)

I took fourth graders out for a walk after lunch instead of jumping into a test.. D

Do you think they love me?
We love ya and you don't take us for walks.

I don't know if it's kiera Knightley but I got it from Hannah Montana.

I've got to go summer suit shopping this weekend (the new job is not business casual at all and my old one tended to be less formal during the summer so I mostly have dresses or skits and tops but not suits. Any colour suggestions? I have a lot of summer weight black (big surprise) so I'll get some stuff to wear with that..I'm feeling white jackets maybe? I'd love a green jacket as well.
So you are watching Hanna Montana, aren't you?

Here in NYC, colored jackets don't tend to go over very well unless you're in black or a different neutral under them (as in neutral pants/skirt and top). How about some nice neutrals (with a "pop: of color)? (I watch Stacy and Clinton too on occasion.)

Can someone have the coffee ready in the AM? I put away the coffee maker and I'm too lazy to dig it out... plus there's only so much room on my tiny kitchen counter.

MauiMouse
04-25-2008, 12:07 AM
I are back! :D Haven't had time to check back old posts to see what is going on, will do that tomorrow when I get everything back on track.

Got a lot of great photos, saw Mikki twice, once for 10th anniversary dedication at Animal Kingdom (which was awesome by the way) and then last night at the Pirate & Princess Party.

Did any one miss me? Will try and get my photos up online tomorrow night or so, then start the trip reports.

Hope everyone had a great week so far.

disneydeb
04-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Mary, we missed you!
Things have been really slow aroud here.
Should we send out a search party for those MIA?

Have a great Friday everyone!

disneydeb
04-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Can you guess what I found on page 31 of our old thread?
:D

POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)POFQ
ELLEN & BEN & JARED (Dec 11 to 15) - WL or OKW
BETHANY (December 11 (late) to 14) - All Star Sports or OKW (with Ellen)
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14) CBR (we hope)
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-14th)
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16)
MIKKI & ANDREW (November 19 - December 15)
MARY & Friends (December 10-13)
MICHELLE
MISSSTYLES& & MOMMA STYLES (December 12-14)
DEB &JERRY & AMY & DUSTIN (December 6-13)

I've updated our dates. We still haven't decided where to stay.

Anyone else need to be updated?

pogo
04-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I are back! :D Haven't had time to check back old posts to see what is going on, will do that tomorrow when I get everything back on track.

Got a lot of great photos, saw Mikki twice, once for 10th anniversary dedication at Animal Kingdom (which was awesome by the way) and then last night at the Pirate & Princess Party.

Did any one miss me? Will try and get my photos up online tomorrow night or so, then start the trip reports.

Hope everyone had a great week so far.
Of course we missed you silly ! :hug:

Was it fun ? Did you have a :bar: for me ?? Did you have to play tennis with Mikki ??

MICHELLE

I'm really hoping that Ken and Mary can add their names to the list ! :D

alpro2
04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Anybody else playing hooky today? :thedolls:

MissStyles
04-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi Guys...Happy Friday! :)

Any colour suggestions?

Thinking of what's in my closet - white pin stripe....dark grey.....black with a bright color top underneath. I also pair sundresses with a suit jacket...so you are comfy but still look business-like.

Can someone have the coffee ready in the AM? I put away the coffee maker and I'm too lazy to dig it out... plus there's only so much room on my tiny kitchen counter.

Ellen I just brewed a fresh pot and noone's even drinking it!

Did any one miss me?

Ofcourse :) You didn't miss too much around these parts. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

MICHELLE
EMILY & MARCIE & MOLLY (December 12-14)

Lookin' good lookin' good. I'm adding my sister to the list (AdventurelandTikiGirl) and changing it to our real names. We might stay at POFQ - but I won't add it in until it's "official".

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Anybody else playing hooky today? :thedolls:

No - I'm a good girl :angel:

Will today be a good day?

offwego
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Morning all, I have even more coffee if we need it.

Why yellow this year? It's the one colour I just don't wear. (I have one more orange then yellow tank top and that's as close as I get). My Mom loved the colour and my bedrooms were always yellow growing up till I was 18. Oh well I'm sure I'll find lots of other choices. (and I'll try the yellow on before I discount it) Despite a little whining I'm looking forward to it. I'd much rather buy suits then jeans!

Ellen, I've even stooped so far as to look up episode guides to see which ones I've missed of Hannah and serached them out. Do I need help? Or does that only start if I do the same thing with the Suite Life of Zach and Cody?

disneydrmr
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Happy Friday! Today is our first Monthly Friday Funday here at work! I've decorated the lunch room and we're all wearing our Cincy Reds shirts! Can't wait for the cook out! Brats, hot dogs, chicken, macaroni salad, potato salad, desserts!!! YUM! Anyone wanna come and join us? Will be busy this am getting things set up and together.. then this pm I'll be doing clean up.. and leaving work early cause I have a Fellowship event at my church (I'm in charge of Felllowship activities) that I have to go and set up... busy busy busy... Got my sweet tea from McDonalds... but I'm thinking I might need two or three more to stay awake and alert!
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend! Welcome back Mary!

disneydrmr
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Ellen, I've even stooped so far as to look up episode guides to see which ones I've missed of Hannah and serached them out. Do I need help? Or does that only start if I do the same thing with the Suite Life of Zach and Cody?

My dh and I LOVE Hannah... no matter how many times we've seen an episode we still laugh. Last night was one of our favorites.. the one where Jackson kills Miley's bear and she seeks revenge by shredding his prized autographed baseball... that one leaves us both in stitches! Should we start an "Adults who love Hannah" recovery group?

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 08:57 AM
7 miles? And I'll bet you feel like you went around in cirles! :DScott -- you are hilarious! :walk:

I are back! :D Haven't had time to check back old posts to see what is going on, will do that tomorrow when I get everything back on track.:hi: Hey friend! I missed you! Did you have a fabulous time?!!??

Deb -- I think your kids must just LOVE you. Harry has a new teacher. He was retired, and came back to work in Harry's class until the end of the year. He specialized in Phys Ed and STORIES! His idea of a great class is to go outside and either kick a ball around or play some hoops, while reciting Shel Silverstein poems with "feeling" -- or playing "word" connect 4 while telling the kids about things his kids used to do ... or not do (the stories always have some didactic content). The kids love him and the TA's in the class love him. His children are student teachers, and he brings one or the other of them to school with him every day to learn the ropes. He is really less conventional than I am used to -- but man, do the kids ever respond to him! The class is really performing academically!

Enough about that. I am going to have some of Emily's coffee ...

Nat -- I am with you on the yellow thing. Not a good colour for me..... Brown and pink..... now that's nice .... and I love that tulip leaf green ...... and I saw an awful lot of green green suits out and about. Me? Most of my work clothing is some combination of black, white and grey .... If I'm feeling crazy, I'll wear blue! AND..... I was referring to Keira AS Pork Chop....not as the answer to your joke. Don't you remember that's what we were calling her last year when Pirates came out, cause she looked like she could use a pork chop?

To quote a clever lady I know in Brooklyn -- Later Gators!

Dsnygirl
04-25-2008, 09:02 AM
...and then last night at the Pirate & Princess Party.

How did you like the P&P party? I've heard really good things... my gf's and I want to go to it in January -- we're just hoping it starts the wknd we're planning for!! Did lots of adults dress up? We're definitely planning to.... :D

Will today be a good day?
Since I'm not sleeping or working, absolutely!! It's supposed to be 76 and sunny... perfect!! I worked a little too hard out in the gardens yesterday and I'm physically exhausted... so I think it'll be errands and some low-key stuff today. Maybe a magazine and a munchie out on the porch later... I tend to work on the yard instead of relaxing in it... gotta change that!! :blush:

...that one leaves us both in stitches!
No pun intended, right??? :D

How's everyone doing today?? I'm about to go visit my mom at the rehab facility... she's doing great, and they're thinking of discharging her next week. Oh, and I have to run to the mall for my DD's.... today is the start of some big "Webkinz Extravaganza" and apparently, most of the Webkinz retailers are doing a "buy one, get one free" today. There was much choosing and deciding and lists being made for me yesterday... in order of preference, of course... why, I ask, did the "powers that be" decided to make the 1st day of this event on a school day??? Can you imagine what it's going to be like at these places, all these parents trying to be one of the first 500 in the door, lists in hand, trying to figure out which Webkinz to get??? (And of course, I'll have to get another one... :D)

Have a great day, guys -- I just made a fresh pot of coffee, and there's some sticky buns to go with it!! :)

offwego
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
but I'm thinking I might need two or three more to stay awake and alert!
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend! Welcome back Mary! It does sound like you will need the extra tea. And welcome back Mary.

Should we start an "Adults who love Hannah" recovery group? Do we need to revcover?

Nat -- I am with you on the yellow thing. Not a good colour for me..... Brown and pink..... now that's nice .... and I love that tulip leaf green ...... and I saw an awful lot of green green suits out and about. Me? Most of my work clothing is some combination of black, white and grey .... If I'm feeling crazy, I'll wear blue! Don't you remember that's what we were calling her last year when Pirates came out, cause she looked like she could use a pork chop?
Blue? wow that is wild, I've got greys, blacks, browns, beige, red, even an orange, taupe with brown tweed, but no blue (well one shirt I think) so perhaps blue is the answer?

I forgot about the pork chop, I just remembered the sandwich bit. She is awfully thin isn't she?

Can you imagine what it's going to be like at these places, all these parents trying to be one of the first 500 in the door, lists in hand, trying to figure out which Webkinz to get??? (And of course, I'll have to get another one... )
That doesn't sound like much fun Blythe, good luck and remember Elbows out!

BriarRose0708
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Welcome back Mary! Glad to hear you had a great time, and I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports!

Gotta run, we're interviewing new candidates for open positions and I'm the host! I get to drive the golf cart around. :drive: Do you think I'll crash it?:medic:

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Gotta run, we're interviewing new candidates for open positions and I'm the host! I get to drive the golf cart around. :drive: Do you think I'll crash it?:medic:Look out for Possums! Did Pogo teach you how to get 'em good?

pogo
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you picking on me, Cousin ??? :D

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Are you picking on me, Cousin ??? :D
Yup. Wanna do something about it?:thedolls:

pogo
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Yup. Wanna do something about it?:thedolls:

Sure.... but what should I do ??? Spill a drink on you ??? :D

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Couldn't Cousin Patti help me with that?

Jasper
04-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey all, what's happening around here, is everyone on vacation or what? I have been gone for doctor appointments and such the last two days and expected to be seriously behind but came back to find out that you all have been very quiet! I guess it will have to be my job to stir things up a bit!! Although that will be difficult because since they have not started my on thyroid medicine yet I am really starting to feel sluggish and don't have the energy or desire to do much more than sleep.

The good news though is that we do have a date of May 5 to start the full body scans and then if that goes well to start the radioactive iodine later the same week. Then the week after that they will start me on thyroid medication. The doctors say that it will take about a month to get everything done and get the thyroid medication tweaked out to its optimum level. So if I am not around much the next month or so you know why.

You have a log home? I've never even seen one. Is the interior all drywalled etc? or more rustic?

We have about 2200 square feet and the style would be a kind of modified ranch house style. What I mean by that is that the front of the house has a full length dormer across the front of the upstairs with the back roof coming down at a very steep angle.

The main floor has the master bedroom, one full bath, laundry room, kitchen, dining room, and living room. The upstairs has two bedrooms and a full bath and a loft area that also forms the ceiling of the kitchen.

In addition to being a log home it is also what they call timber framed. That means that instead of having a lot of interior walls that support the weight of the house you have, in our case, four main beam structures that run from the front of the house to the back that carry the weight of the house and transfers it out to the exterior walls which are all log on both the inside and out. Any partition walls inside the house are plaster. This gives you a nice combination of rustic and formal. In addition the kitchen, dining room, and living room are all connected end to end in what is now called a great room.

What really makes the interior striking is that the upstairs bathroom is bordered on one side by an open staircase that comes up from the first floor and both the stairs and bath open onto a loft area that also forms the ceiling of the kitchen. Then, as you go down what would normally be an upstairs hallway to get to the two bedrooms, there is plaster on your left and on the right is a railing that causes the hallway and loft to be open to the dining room and living room below. This creates a vaulted ceiling that at its peak is about twenty feet off the floor of the first story.

To add to the rustic feel of the house we do not have any attic in the house. Instead, the roof consists of shingles on the exterior, a 6 inch layer of Styrofoam insulation, and then tongue and groove boards that form the ceiling that you see from the inside.

That same idea is carried down to the floor/ceiling between the first and second floors. So what you have is a single layer of tongue and groove planks that form both the floor of the second story rooms and the ceilings of the first floor rooms. These planks are layed on six inch beams that you see as part of the ceiling in the first floor rooms.

We also have a full basement that has a rustic feel as well but is actually all concrete block construction with wood applied over that. All together we have almost 2 acres of property which is basically all one big hill that from the front of the property to the back drops about 30 feet. This allows us to have about a half acre pond at the back of the property. We also have a deck across the entire back of the house at the level of the first floor and then the back side of the basement is completely open with windows and doors all across it.

The property is then about 90% wooded which is great because it keeps the mowing to a minimum but is also bad because you can't hardly get anything to grow. We have opted to let most of the property remain in its natural state.

:shake:

I'm afraid your starting to sound like Caroleh ! Why........... why is all I ask ????

Shouldn't the answer be obvious? Because you are just so lovable that we all love to pick on you!!:D:D Besides, you are doing the other members of this forum a huge favor. By allowing us to pick on you we are leaving everyone else alone. Right?

The way things are going in my county, we're going to have to start a deer count as well.

Man I am with you on this one! We have more deer around here than you can believe. While we have been fortunate to only have one serious car/deer collision in the last several years my DW did have a strange situation with a deer last fall. As she was driving in to town she suddenly saw a deer running directly at the side of her car from a field and realized that she had no chance of stopping or swerving. Then all of a sudden the deer jumped and went completely over the top of the passenger section of her car! The deer actually cleared the car completely other than for one hoof that caught the top of the door rail. It only caused a dent about 4 inches around and an inch or two deep.

Can everyone sing..... on the road again ???

Obviously you haven't heard my singing voice have you? I promise you that you don't want me to join in!

It's too hot for zoop, isn't it? :D

I've got to go summer suit shopping this weekend (the new job is not business casual at all and my old one tended to be less formal during the summer so I mostly have dresses or skits and tops but not suits. Any colour suggestions?

We had a few minutes to kill between doctor appointments yesterday and stopped in at a few stores to look for a dress that my wife could wear to an upcoming wedding and also to work. The new in color that we seemed to see everywhere for this summer is a kind of peachy orange color. I know the description doesn't do it justice but it is really an attractive color that I suspect would work well on a lot of different people.

Deb -- I think your kids must just LOVE you. Harry has a new teacher. He was retired, and came back to work in Harry's class until the end of the year. He specialized in Phys Ed and STORIES! His idea of a great class is to go outside and either kick a ball around or play some hoops, while reciting Shel Silverstein poems with "feeling" -- or playing "word" connect 4 while telling the kids about things his kids used to do ... or not do (the stories always have some didactic content). The kids love him and the TA's in the class love him. His children are student teachers, and he brings one or the other of them to school with him every day to learn the ropes. He is really less conventional than I am used to -- but man, do the kids ever respond to him! The class is really performing academically!

Isn't it amazing how kids will respond when they know they have a teacher that cares about them and is actually actively involved in teaching them and not just quoting things at them?

OK, I know that was all a lot more than any of you wanted to know but I should be mostly caught up now!

MauiMouse
04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Ofcourse :) You didn't miss too much around these parts. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Wow, you got that right, not too much happening around these parts for the past 5 or so days. Guess everyone has been super busy huh?

:hi: Hey friend! I missed you! Did you have a fabulous time?!!??
Had a fabulous time, walked a million miles and just enjoyed being at Disney World. The weather was perfect, no rain and in the low 80s all 5 days. Got to see Joe Rhode which was the icing on the cake, plus seeing Mikki too.

How did you like the P&P party? I've heard really good things... my gf's and I want to go to it in January -- we're just hoping it starts the wknd we're planning for!! Did lots of adults dress up? We're definitely planning to.... :D

Blythe it was really fun, during the day the wait times at Magic Kingdom were well over 30 minutes, but when the party started it dropped down to 10 minutes tops. The only one with longer wait time was Peter Pan. We didn't see the parade, but watched the fireworks, one word awesome. And yes there was a lot of adults dressed up, just ask Mikki & Andrew. ;)

Welcome back Mary! Glad to hear you had a great time, and I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports!

Might take me a couple days to get them going, but I promise that I will. I took notes each night.

Of course we missed you silly ! :hug:

Was it fun ? Did you have a :bar: for me ?? Did you have to play tennis with Mikki ??

Sorry no :bar: for you. I did have a :papple: whip though will that count????

It was so much fun and the weather was beautiful, couldn't go wrong. No tennis, but we talked about tennis per you and Alex I think?

Hope to get the photos up there on webshots in the next couple nights.

Unfortunately have to get back to work and back in the old routine.

Jasper
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Had a fabulous time, walked a million miles and just enjoyed being at Disney World. The weather was perfect, no rain and in the low 80s all 5 days. Got to see Joe Rhode which was the icing on the cake, plus seeing Mikki too.

Glad you had a great time and that the weather was so nice. I do have one question though; who is Joe Rhode? I know I should recognize the name but am drawing an absolute blank!

Jasper
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Knock - Knock, anyone out there? Boy, it really is quiet in here today! I know I had the last post but I promise I took a shower before posting.

So, anyone want to come help with :laundry::laundry2::iron:,? We had several large returns today so it is stacking up again but I am not about to go to the laundromat on a weekend!

I actually try to go early on a Wednesday morning. There is a man that works there on Wednesdays who is kind enough to haul my laundry in and out of the building for me because he knows all about my back problems. Plus, I can normally get all the machines I want all at one time so I can get in and out so much faster. Even though this is a good size laundromat for the size of the community I live in it really gets packed on the weekend because everyone else in the world is off work!

MauiMouse
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Glad you had a great time and that the weather was so nice. I do have one question though; who is Joe Rhode? I know I should recognize the name but am drawing an absolute blank!
He's the Vice President & Executive Designer of Walt Disney Imagineering. He had a lot to do with Expedition Everest, but also was big time into designing Animal Kingdom. Check out INTERCOTs home page as there is something about Joe Rhode there as well.

Now you know who he is right?

Nascfan
04-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Mary, quick! Go back and edit your post before Rhonda sees it! Just don't tell her I said anything, ok? ;)

MauiMouse
04-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Mary, quick! Go back and edit your post before Rhonda sees it! Just don't tell her I said anything, ok? ;)

Oops, thanks Scott! :secret:

I didn't think where I was there for a moment, scary thought huh? Guess my mind was still back in WDW.

offwego
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Oops, thanks Scott! :secret:

I didn't think where I was there for a moment, scary thought huh? Guess my mind was still back in WDW.

So when your in WDW you post random thoughts on deer, pictures, laundry, cookies, corporate structure in WDW and the whereabouts of caffine filled beverages?

Hmm...since I never take a computer I guess I haven't tried that. Should I be?

Dsnygirl
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi guys... quick zoop... busy day!!

Well, I survived the Webkinz Extravaganza... turns out not a lot of people must be "in the know", as I was the only one there! :thumbsup: Of course, only certain Webkinz could qualify as the "free" one, so I had to do some guessing... but I must've done okay, because my girls are proud new owners of a leopard, a tiger LilKinz, a dalmatian Lilkinz and a black bear... and I now own a frog! :frog: ( He actually looks just like that one!! :D)

:funny:

We have about 2200 square feet and the style would be a kind of modified ranch house style. What I mean by that is that the front of the house has a full length dormer across the front of the upstairs with the back roof coming down at a very steep angle.

OK, I know that was all a lot more than any of you wanted to know but I should be mostly caught up now!
Jasper, your house sounds awesome... you should post some pics!! (I just LOVE looking at houses, esp. log ones! :))

Blythe it was really fun, during the day the wait times at Magic Kingdom were well over 30 minutes, but when the party started it dropped down to 10 minutes tops. The only one with longer wait time was Peter Pan. We didn't see the parade, but watched the fireworks, one word awesome. And yes there was a lot of adults dressed up, just ask Mikki & Andrew.
Thanks for telling me about it!! I'm really hoping we'll have the chance to go... I'm just sad I won't get to experience it with Dan & the girls. They'd love it, by the sounds of it. Maybe I can convince him for a little, short trip in May next year??? :blush:

Okay, gotta run... just finished up a :marg: on the porch and bed is calling. See you all in the am -- sleep well!!

drummerboy
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
So when your in WDW you post random thoughts on deer, pictures, laundry, cookies, corporate structure in WDW and the whereabouts of caffine filled beverages?
Not to mention possums.

Hey Pogo, you need to show Jenn the damage that could be done by a real drink spilling in her lap. Still got the photo?

Gotta get up early in the morning, so it's off to bed. Nighty night.

ElenitaB
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Quick, someone call the :ambal: Is there a known antidote to DisneyChannelitis? (Not that I should talk... i watch those shows all the time with DS.)

Di, any leftovers? Sounds like you organized a great party.

Mary, did you leave :papple: for me? Can't wait to get mine next Friday. :muscles:

Well, tomorrow night is DS' theatrical debut. i'll be sure to take pictures.

G'night, all!

Beast_fanatic
04-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Has anyone seen Frankie?

Where are Clinton and Stacey when you want them?

As far as Frankie is concerned, I have seen him (well a post from him), and it would be very nice if you could all send some :pixie: his way.

And, as far as Clinton & Stacey, once I lose about 30 more pounds, could someone nominate me for a makeover, please? :blush:

I are back!

Already? Wow, this week just flew by as I was very busy (hence my absence from JQ). Glad you had a great time!

Mary, quick! Go back and edit your post before Rhonda sees it! Just don't tell her I said anything, ok?

Hey! I think you need a little scolding for that! :nono: ;)

Hey Pogo, you need to show Jenn the damage that could be done by a real drink spilling in her lap. Still got the photo?

I saw that photo. :eek:

trackbarroness
04-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers, it's going to be another beautiful day here at JQ central, :D
And the best part of yesterday, and yes I know I forgot to post in this thread. Is that I got to work at SM yesterday. Split my day between Stitch and the Mountain, how cool is that huh?
They asked me if I would be upset if I was pulled to the Mountain. My thoughts were like "why should I be?"I was actually surprised by the question seeing how TTA was down at that time. First due to a guest who refused to exit the TTA car, the to 2 times for trains ahead. If you all know what I mean about that. So my answer was no. It was on greeter rotation no biggie. I felt like I was going home, even though I'm going sort of kind of home in a couple of months. So why outside of meeting my great niece am I not excited to be sort of kind of going home?

Natazu
04-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Zoop.
:tiphat:
Anyone know how to make an XP computer talk to a Vista computer on an XP network?

disneydeb
04-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Zoop.
:tiphat:
Anyone know how to make an XP computer talk to a Vista computer on an XP network?

Perhaps by introducing them over a glass of wine?:confused:

Nascfan
04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey! I think you need a little scolding for that! :nono: ;)

Allright, my first no no! I'm so proud! Shouldn't I be? It's a very exclusive club you know. :D

Sending pixie dust Frankie's way. I hope whatever it is isn't too serious.

It turned colder here this morning, after 70s and even a few 80s.

48 days! Am I excited? Oh yeah!

ElenitaB
04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Here's some more :pixie: for Frankie and some more for Jasper :pixie: while I'm at it!

Sandy, do you guys ever just want to roll your eyes over the behavior of guests? I can't even imagine refusing to get off a ride. So, Ms. Sandy, will you be working at the MK next Friday?

Who wants to come over and help me find Ben's black sweatpants? (He prefers them over his black cords for his oompah loompah costume.)

Jasper
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
He's the Vice President & Executive Designer of Walt Disney Imagineering. He had a lot to do with Expedition Everest, but also was big time into designing Animal Kingdom. Check out INTERCOTs home page as there is something about Joe Rhode there as well.

Now you know who he is right?

See, I told you I knew who he was!!:D:D

Well, I survived the Webkinz Extravaganza... turns out not a lot of people must be "in the know", as I was the only one there! :thumbsup: Of course, only certain Webkinz could qualify as the "free" one, so I had to do some guessing... but I must've done okay, because my girls are proud new owners of a leopard, a tiger LilKinz, a dalmatian Lilkinz and a black bear... and I now own a frog! :frog: ( He actually looks just like that one!! :D)

Jasper, your house sounds awesome... you should post some pics!! (I just LOVE looking at houses, esp. log ones!

My 11 year old DS loves the webkinz also. Were you as surprised as I was at the large number of animals that are available?

I will try to post some pictures when I feel up to spending that much time in front of the computer. I know that for the rest of you it is probably a 30 second project but with my limited computer skills it takes me a while.

Here's some more :pixie: for Frankie and some more for Jasper :pixie: while I'm at it!

Sandy, do you guys ever just want to roll your eyes over the behavior of guests? I can't even imagine refusing to get off a ride. So, Ms. Sandy, will you be working at the MK next Friday?

Thanks for the Pixie Dust! I am really starting to feel sluggish from the lack of thyroid hormone in my body so I am moving VERY slowly these days.

I can just imagine some of the things you CMs must have to deal with. I know how it is with the customers at my wife's costume store and the volume of people is far smaller than what you deal with at WDW!

MauiMouse
04-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Sending pixie dust Frankie's way. I hope whatever it is isn't too serious.

It turned colder here this morning, after 70s and even a few 80s.

Same here on both accounts, sending pixie dust for Frankie.

And it's a lot colder here today too, yesterday it was 80 and today it's only 54 & very windy right now.

Who wants to come over and help me find Ben's black sweatpants? (He prefers them over his black cords for his oompah loompah costume.)

Sounds like fun, but I think that I'll pass. Good luck Ellen on the hunt for the sweatpants.

Ellen, have fun next weekend with Mikki & Andrew and of course at WDW. They told me that you are brave for staying off-site with them next week.

Thanks for the Pixie Dust! I am really starting to feel sluggish from the lack of thyroid hormone in my body so I am moving VERY slowly these days.

Hope that you are feeling better soon Jasper. I'm sure that really does take a toll on a person.

I can only imagine what those CMs have to deal with in the people department, from the stuff that I saw last week, one word WOW. So to Sandy out there a big kudo for dealing with all those tourists.

So where is my question one might ask? Since I forgot the last go around I better not forget this time correct? So see two questions are better than one.

Hope everyone is having a grand Saturday.

MauiMouse
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Drum roll please.....:drummer: Day one trip report are now ready for your viewing pleasure. :D Enjoy!

Man, it's super quiet around here today or this week. Where is everyone? Enjoying spring I guess.

trackbarroness
04-26-2008, 03:56 PM
See, I told you I knew who he was!!:D:D

My 11 year old DS loves the webkinz also. Were you as surprised as I was at the large number of animals that are available?

I will try to post some pictures when I feel up to spending that much time in front of the computer. I know that for the rest of you it is probably a 30 second project but with my limited computer skills it takes me a while.

I can just imagine some of the things you CMs must have to deal with. I know how it is with the customers at my wife's costume store and the volume of people is far smaller than what you deal with at WDW!

There are times we feel like rolling our eyes but that could set off the guest. Specially the ones who are argueing about there child who doesn't meet the height requirement for a ride. Or feel my jaw dropping because of the antics of some guests. :D lolol
We started a new thing at TTA which is guests can no longer ride over to load to exit the trains. We have to stop the ride. So how many times can we hand pack/e-stop the ride before we get trains ahead?

drummerboy
04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Zoop.Knock knock* Hello?

Dsnygirl
04-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Knock, knock, knock........ anybody home??? :search: Where'd you all go???

As far as Frankie is concerned, I have seen him (well a post from him), and it would be very nice if you could all send some :pixie: his way.

Sending some :pixie: his way right away... I sure hope it helps!!

Well, it is sure raining hard outside right now... and the temperature's dropped about 16 degrees!! It was a sunny and warm 83 this afternoon... now it's a cool and rainy 67! (Our window fan has a thermometer... :blush:) I think the plants all needed it, though... it's been a little too warm and dry for this time of year around here! (Nice, though! :thumbsup:)

I hope everyone's had a nice Saturday -- Ellen, how did Ben do?? I sure hope the show was a success!!

Well, I'm off to crash and watch a bit of a movie... I don't think tonight will be a late one, I'm beat. Have a good sleep, all!

ElenitaB
04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Ellen, have fun next weekend with Mikki & Andrew and of course at WDW. They told me that you are brave for staying off-site with them next week.
Now that the play has debuted, the excitement is totally racheting up for our trip next week! I'm hoping the off-site villas won't be too bad, but I'm really looking forward to the company. :D Pogo, Ben is even bringing his tennis racket. I'm sure that Mikki will be teaching him the ways of the Force. :yoda:

The play was really GREAT tonight. Ben did really well and only flubbed one of his lines (not bad for the first time out the gate). His singing and acting were really good though. His voice isn't half bad and he sang on key! Of course, his voice hasn't changed yet. I wonder what will happen when he gets to that bridge. Oh, and he got a nice round of applause after his song. The kid who played Charlie was amazing: great voice, good actor, and cute too. I'd venture to say that he's as talented or more talented than the Sprouse twins (and cuter). Get that kid an agent! Last but not least, the 7th grader who played Willie Wonka is Mr. Personality! So it was a really nice evening. I'll post pictures soon.

Did I put you all to sleep? :sleepin:

disneydeb
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I KNEW Ben would be great! his mom is terrific too! So , Ben is taking his racket.... I guess he'll teach Mikkie a trick or two...he,he,he. You say you are stayng off site?

dlpmikki
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Hello all! Glad Ben's first night went well. Did he enjoy performing better than watching Dr Who or Sarah Jane? Glad he is bringing his racket - exercise is very good for you!

Welcome back Mary - it was great to see you again. Can I crib your trip report for the AK day? ;)

Thinking of going to kennedy tomorrow - an annual pass for there and Astronaut hall of fame only costs about $12 more than a one day ticket.

drummerboy
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
The play was really GREAT tonight. Ben did really well and only flubbed one of his lines (not bad for the first time out the gate). His singing and acting were really good though. His voice isn't half bad and he sang on key! Of course, his voice hasn't changed yet. I wonder what will happen when he gets to that bridge. Oh, and he got a nice round of applause after his song. I'll post pictures soon.

Did I put you all to sleep? :sleepin:
Hey, you know this old trouper is rooting for Ben. Tell him congratulations for me.

What's this about Ben and Mikki making a racket. Won't that wake up the other people in the villas? :D

gotta get up early again tomorrow, so off I go.

Beast_fanatic
04-26-2008, 11:47 PM
I booked my airfare for the December trip. :thumbsup: And, we're very close to deciding on a resort too. How is everyone else doing on their planning?

trackbarroness
04-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on as well as the hot water, you all know the drill.
PirateGal and I are thinking about a stay in OKW. So who else is excited that today is Sunday? :D j/k Can't wait to see how today plays out. I had another split shift yesterday. Mikki I didn't know I was going over to SM the last 2 days, sorry about that. I'm usually on early until 2:30. Now come Friday I'm at work until 4:15 that day. :D I think, will have to check the scedule again, later to find out what hours I'll be working the first full week of May.
Who's ready for the first Saturday of May?

disneydeb
04-27-2008, 04:09 AM
I booked my airfare for the December trip. :thumbsup: And, we're very close to deciding on a resort too. How is everyone else doing on their planning?

Congrats on booking airfare! I'm feeling down about my December trip.:( I really don't know if I should try to go or not. Laura will be in school, and can't go that week, Gage may need me. If I go, we may end up taking Gage, to give Laura some help. Things are still up in the air for us.

The Good News is she did very well on her entrance exam for nursing school!

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on as well as the hot water, you all know the drill.
PirateGal and I are thinking about a stay in OKW. So who else is excited that today is Sunday? :D j/k Can't wait to see how today plays out. I had another split shift yesterday. Mikki I didn't know I was going over to SM the last 2 days, sorry about that. I'm usually on early until 2:30. Now come Friday I'm at work until 4:15 that day. :D I think, will have to check the scedule again, later to find out what hours I'll be working the first full week of May.

Sandy, How early do you get up? I couldn't sleep , it is 3:00 AM here and you had already posted. and How does your December schedule look?:D

Hi Mikki! Have you done Aquatique yet?

dlpmikki
04-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi Deb - not yet. We only picked the car up Friday afternoon and we had to look at the shops on saturday :blush: (Got some great bargains at the Disney outlet store - would you believe they even had some Figaro's in there?)

Sandy, I'll check in here to see where you are at. Not sure when the next MK visit is, only done the pirates party so far!

Dsnygirl
04-27-2008, 09:20 AM
The play was really GREAT tonight. Ben did really well and only flubbed one of his lines (not bad for the first time out the gate). His singing and acting were really good though. His voice isn't half bad and he sang on key! Of course, his voice hasn't changed yet. I wonder what will happen when he gets to that bridge. Oh, and he got a nice round of applause after his song. The kid who played Charlie was amazing: great voice, good actor, and cute too. I'd venture to say that he's as talented or more talented than the Sprouse twins (and cuter). Get that kid an agent! Last but not least, the 7th grader who played Willie Wonka is Mr. Personality! So it was a really nice evening. I'll post pictures soon.

:party: Yeah for Ben!! I just knew he'd do great!!

I can't decide when to book our airfare... traditionally, Jet Blue's rates get lower than their "first out" prices, but with gas prices being what they are, I'm not sure if I should wait - the prices are still good. :( Plus, Dan and I haven't even seriously decided what dates we want - we've been waiting for airfare to come out - so now that it's out, we've got to sit down and decide how we want to handle the trip. But, with our closing being this week -- I'm not thinking that'll happen 'til next week, at the earliest. But hey - at least it's a lot closer than it was!! And we can buy our MVMCP tickets, too -- woo hoo! I'm guessing we'll go either Tuesday the 9th or Thursday the 11th. As far as what resort, that'll be determined in August for sure... we'd like CBR, but if the specials that come out get us in somewhere else, that'll change it for us.

Deb - congrats on Laura doing so well on her nursing exam!!

So - how's everyone doing this fine Sunday morning?? For such a rainy night, it sure is sunny and nice out there today!! Not looking like it'll be as warm, but at least it's :sun: and all the trees are leafing out.... I love that "new green" look they all have in early spring!

Coffee's on for you all and pancakes are coming up -- anybody in??

disneydeb
04-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Morning Blythe! Thanks, I'll take pancakes. Does anyone want some blueberry syrup?

grego77
04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry for being AWOL for the last week or so. It's been a busy week, finishing up classes and dealing with graduation "stuff". I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, however, as I only have one presentation left (tomorrow nite), and I will be DONE from classes FOREVER! On top of that, I leave for Disneyland on Thursday morning with my best friend! SOOOO excited! :cloud9:

Pogo, nice to read about your travels and all the deceased possums on the road. Tell Patty I miss her terribly! :cool:

Ellen, give my congrats to Ben...as a fellow musical theatre person, the first time out is DEATHY terrifying, and it takes a LOT of guts to go out on that stage. :thumbsup: He's a great kid, and I'm sure will catch the bug that I still have, which is performing. PS...my voice didn't change until I was 13, and was a high Alto (the only one in my chorus!) until then...now I'm a high tenor, and can hit some high Alto/low Soprano notes in my falsetto...lol! :blush:

Hope everyone is doing well. The weather here in MA has been INCREDIBLE until today...and now it's supposed to rain for the next three days...yet in Anaheim, CA, the weather is perfect; 75 and sunny for the next 7 days...YAY!

Emily, has your sister given her acceptance yet? I have not received a letter yet...hehe! :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Thinking of going to kennedy tomorrow - an annual pass for there and Astronaut hall of fame only costs about $12 more than a one day ticket.
Well, I already know that you didn't go to KSC today ... I'd be up for that next Sunday though. Hope you enjoyed today's lunch! :tasty:

JetBlue just came out with their fares for December. Kinda on the pricey side though. I did immediately go and compare with Delta. I'm trying to decide whether to bite the bullet at JetBlue as their flights are at slightly better times, or use miles to reduce our fare at Delta. I'll have to decide this week though before JetBlue raises their fares.

Now come Friday I'm at work until 4:15 that day. :D I think, will have to check the scedule again, later to find out what hours I'll be working the first full week of May.
We are, we are! Particularly since we'll be down by you! :D So you'll be there this coming Friday... because I'm still not totally convinced that you actually exist. ;) Want anything from the Northeast?

Congrats on booking airfare! I'm feeling down about my December trip.:( I really don't know if I should try to go or not. Laura will be in school, and can't go that week, Gage may need me. If I go, we may end up taking Gage, to give Laura some help. Things are still up in the air for us.

The Good News is she did very well on her entrance exam for nursing school!
Deb, it's a huge splurge for us but we're only going for a long weekend (I can't take Ben out of school for much longer than that).

Congratulations to Laura! That's so exciting. Is she happy?

I can't decide when to book our airfare... traditionally, Jet Blue's rates get lower than their "first out" prices, but with gas prices being what they are, I'm not sure if I should wait - the prices are still good.

Coffee's on for you all and pancakes are coming up -- anybody in??
Booking on JetBlue (or any airlines these days with their fluctuating fares), is more like gambling than purchasing. Sigh.

I should have come here first, Blythe. I ended up having toaster waffles for breakfast.

Ben says thanks for all your congratulations. He seemed to have really enjoyed it (but says that he likes watching Dr. Who just as much). Pictures to come... they did the normal (no flash photography, video taping, etc.) like at WDW, but did not rule out non-flash photography, so as soon as I can get my hands on the home laptop (someone is playing Toontown), I'll post pics.

Have a grand day, all!

offwego
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi All, :pixie: for Frankie as requested Rhonda, I hope everything will be ok for him soon.

Way to go Ben, sounds like a great time was had by all, that's so neat. Sandy you got to work on SM? That would be so cool.

One arm tans already Ken? Is your wife still ok?

I'm all shopped out. (which with the haul I made I should be). 3 suits, 3 blazers, 3 dress shoes, 1 casual shoe, 2 dresses, 5 tops and we even grabbed some of the new Pike place coffee from Starbucks. Nice huh? And Jenn, I regret I gave in to the yellow craze (albeit in a small way limited to a sweater tank to wear under a celery green suit and it's a very butter yellow vs yellow yellow if you know what I mean).

My poor DH!

drummerboy
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Ben says thanks for all your congratulations. as soon as I can get my hands on the home laptop (someone is playing Toontown), I'll post pics.

Tell 'someone' to look for Ratatat in Toontown.

One arm tans already Ken? Is your wife still ok?
Yeah, kind of looks like I've been driving a British car with my arm resting on the rightside windowsill. So far so good on DW, but she'll have to make an appointment to see her back Dr. as soon as she can.

Has everyone had a restful Sunday? We've had very pleasant weather all weekend with temps in the low 80s. Might get some thunderstorms later this evening.

disneydeb
04-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Natalie, It sound slike you made great haul!:thumbsup: But then you had to for work, right? :D
I went to Wal-mart and got a couple pairs of shorts and a couple of tops, and a whole bag of drawers. Whoopee!:party:

Ken, I hope Mary is all right. Hug her gently for me , OK?

Ellen , I think Laura is excited. At least I hope so. Thanks.

trackbarroness
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
How about crumb buns? :D
I'll be working this Friday no worries there.
Good night and sleep/rest well everyone.

Beast_fanatic
04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
It was rather quiet in here again today. I would have been around sooner since the weather was coolish, but we spent most of the day at my Dad's playing 42 (a domino game) with him and my sister. The two of them usually play every Sunday with my brother and his wife, but they were out of town, so they recruited us to play instead.

Has anyone here stayed in Coronado Springs?

trackbarroness
04-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on. So what shall we have for breakfast? :D
Tomorrow night their having a treasure hunt at work, and it sounds like fun. So I'm going to stay at work play a little okay maybe a lot perhaps bounce a bit between parks. I think I'll have to check out the hours for a certain park to find out what time it closes, so I can go for a ride on a certain ride over there. I'll post afterwards which park and ride I'll end up visiting. :D
Have a magical day

disneydeb
04-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Sandy, will you be hopping over to EE? I LOVE that ride!

I had cereal for breakfast, anyone else want some? I'm happy to share!

Rhonda, my sister and her family have stayed at CS. They said they enjoyed their stay there.

MissStyles
04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Happy Monday - the coffee's fresh and again, noone in my office is drinking it. Possibly because I'm the only one here....:blush:

Emily, has your sister given her acceptance yet? I have not received a letter yet...hehe! :mickey:

She's too shy to give her acceptance letter to JQU. You're going to have to convince her in person at the meet in June!!! ;)

Have a blast in Disneyland...I hope you post a trip report - I need details for my honeymoon. I don't know where to begin to plan! :confused:

Yes twice...it's so lovely...are you thinking of staying there??? Last May we stayed there and spent one whole afternoon just at the pool and we rented a kayak. I know the foodcourt gets mixed reviews but I think the food quality is excellent. :thumbsup:

Sandy, will you be hopping over to EE? I LOVE that ride!

I was thinking she was going to ride EE also. So are we right???

offwego
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Morning all, I'll take some of that coffee Emily.

Must have been a busy weekend somewhere as it was awfully quiet in here.

I'm feeling the new ride at MGM instead of EE am I right Sandy?

Rhonda I've never stayed at CS so can't help there.

Mickey'sGirl
04-28-2008, 09:03 AM
The play was really GREAT tonight. :clappy: YAY BEN! Congratulations to you....I wish I lived closer, 'cause I would have come to watch for sure.

Hello all!
:hi: Hey Mikki! I hope you and Andrew are having a fabulous time!
I'm all shopped out. (which with the haul I made I should be). 3 suits, 3 blazers, 3 dress shoes, 1 casual shoe, 2 dresses, 5 tops and we even grabbed some of the new Pike place coffee from Starbucks. Nice huh? And Jenn, I regret I gave in to the yellow craze (albeit in a small way limited to a sweater tank to wear under a celery green suit and it's a very butter yellow vs yellow yellow if you know what I mean).Good for you sister! I am very impressed!! Isn't the shoe count a bit low for you? ;)

I was thinking she was going to ride EE also.Last night Euan told us he was going to ride EE....I said "Not this year!" We are deciding whether to let him ride the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.... any thoughts?

grego77
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
CS is my favorite resort. It's a "paradise" and is just so beautiful. People say they don't like it because of convention goers...which I think is absolutely rediculous. Convention people are not taking up the disney busses, they are not taking up the whole pool, and the ones who are screaming at 12am. I, personally, think convention goers are the BEST...because they stay out of your hair! Anyway, in addition, the Pepper Market is awesome (great food all day), and in terms of the busses, the CS bus stop from any theme park is ALWAYS one of the first ones you come to. In addition, CS is the most "centralized" resort on Disney property...so literally, you will have overall, the shortest amount of time in busses by travelling to and from CS. That's my CS speech. You'll love it! :D
Anyone else need convincing???! ;)

grego77
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Last night Euan told us he was going to ride EE....I said "Not this year!" We are deciding whether to let him ride the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.... any thoughts?
Indiana Jones is literally a carbon copy of "Dinosaur" in Animal Kingdom. A car ride on a track, designed to be VERY bumpy, very stuffy (because it's inside, and the rubber burns...eww), very loud, lots of crazy lights, and of course, rather scary. I was UBER-scared when I rode it last year, but I'm really excited to do it again this year, just because I actually did enjoy it, where I DETESTED Dinosaur...probably because I thought the plot of the ride was stupid...oh well. Anyway, my point is, if your son likes scary rides, and LOVES bumps and fast/unexpected turns, then that's the ride for him...oh yea, and the ride is like 50 seconds, so if he hates it, it's over rather quick. ;)

I just found out they're doing a 'test run' of Toy Story next month (while I'm there!!!!)...but only for Annual Passholders! Booo! Anyone from JQ gonna be there for that (early May)???

Mickey'sGirl
04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Coranado Springs is a really nice hotel...and it has beautiful pools.....It's just really big.

Euan loves Dinosaur, so we'll let him do Indy. Thanks Greg. We're going the end of July -- so we'll miss the May stuff.

Is it rainy and cold anywhere else today?

BriarRose0708
04-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm all shopped out. (which with the haul I made I should be). 3 suits, 3 blazers, 3 dress shoes, 1 casual shoe, 2 dresses, 5 tops and we even grabbed some of the new Pike place coffee from Starbucks. Nice huh? And Jenn, I regret I gave in to the yellow craze (albeit in a small way limited to a sweater tank to wear under a celery green suit and it's a very butter yellow vs yellow yellow if you know what I mean).

Sounds like a very successful shopping spree! How was the coffee?

How about crumb buns? :D
Sounds like a personal problem to me, Sandy :fresh: (I think I've been hanging out with freshmen too long!)

Who ordered all the rain? I guess the April showers were late this year. :rain: Hope everyone has a good day!

pogo
04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Good morning all... My DSL service has been down all weekend. Didn't anybody miss me ?? :pout:

And today is busy.......... so got to run.

Ken...... did you and Mary see the Sub go by ???? :confused:

Have fun gang ! :D

P.S. Deb.... I really hope you are not pulling a Caroleh on us. I really want to meet you. You owe me a :hug: ! Remember ??? :D

drummerboy
04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm feeling the new ride at MGM instead of EE am I right Sandy?
New ride? What am I missing?

CS is my favorite resort. It's a "paradise" and is just so beautiful. People say they don't like it because of convention goers...which I think is absolutely rediculous. Convention people are not taking up the disney busses, they are not taking up the whole pool, and the ones who are screaming at 12am. I, personally, think convention goers are the BEST...because they stay out of your hair! Anyway, in addition, the Pepper Market is awesome (great food all day), and in terms of the busses, the CS bus stop from any theme park is ALWAYS one of the first ones you come to. In addition, CS is the most "centralized" resort on Disney property...so literally, you will have overall, the shortest amount of time in busses by travelling to and from CS. That's my CS speech. You'll love it! :D
Anyone else need convincing???! ;)
So tell us, what do you think about CS? :D DW and I have stayed there once (that was the year we treated the whole family to a trip). Overall, it was very nice, and I like the resaurant. I think our bad experience was staying in a fairly remote building. We were pretty far from bus stops and the food court. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked fun.

Ken...... did you and Mary see the Sub go by ???? :confused:

Hey buddy, glad to see you're back up. Yes, we did get to see it! The new nuclear submarine USS North Carolina is being officially commisioned in Wilmington, NC this afternoon. The mouth of the river that leads to Wilmingon is right by our town, and all ships have to make a turn to go upriver right at our waterfront.

Word was that the sub would be coming in at 8:30 this morning, so DW and I went on down. 8:30 came and went and the clock kept on ticking. I had to conduct a real estate closing at 10:00, so DW said just leave her there and get back as soon as I could. Turns out the people I was doing the closing for had been at the riverfront as well and we both went up to my office at about the same time. :cool:

Anyway. Those people knew that a local civil war reenactment group has would be fired as the sub came past and none of had heard it yet, so we still had a chance. (I said I hoped the sub commander knew about that, or we might get nuked in return.)

So, we got through with the closing and I hightailed it back to the waterfront and joined DW. I walked past some friends' riverfront house and they were on the porch waiting. I told them they were too late, the sub came by at 8:30 underwater. :thedolls:

Sooooo. We waited around for quite a while until we started seeing Coast Guard helicopters hovering at the river's mouth and Coast Guard boats coming up river and figured that was a pretty good sign that it was a-comin'.

All of a sudden, there was the superstructure sailing into the mouth of the river. We were a little ways upriver and saw it come in and make the turn and then it came right past us in full profile. Mostly what you could see was the conning tower, the rear fin and a little of the main structure above water. It was quite a sight and worth waiting for.

Or would a simple 'yes' have been enough? :D

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok, so Pogo said I had to stop by here and check it out. I have to say I'm still a bit :confused:

I'll hang out and see if it starts to make more sense! :D

Btw, if a man speaks and there's no one to hear him, does that still make him wrong??? :thumbsup:

pogo
04-28-2008, 12:27 PM
So..... what took you so long ????? :confused:

Hey all.... MMouse6937 is our friend Sarah from New Mexico...... please welcome her and be gentile ! ;)

And guys..... she's a great hugger ! :thumbsup:

Got to go...... got a lot of work. See you later ! :D

MissStyles
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
:welcome: Sarah!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to visit your state in a few months. :minnie:

Did you bring any cookies????? I could use a helping hand here in the bakery.....

drummerboy
04-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Pogo, did you tell Sarah about our mandatory cookie rule? Oh yeah, and the question rule? And did you give her an application for the JQU faculty/staff? And does the fact that she's from the hot air balloon capital have anything to do with inviting her to JQ? :D

Jasper
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm all shopped out. My poor DH!

I can't believe what I am seeing!! You. . .You. . You of all people all shopped out? Are you ill? Did your DH take your temperature to make sure everything is OK? Should we send :pixie: and chicken soup?

We all certainly hope you start feeling better soon!!:D:D

So far so good on DW, but she'll have to make an appointment to see her back Dr. as soon as she can.

Tell your DW that I am thinking of her and she is in my prayers for her back issues. Just let her know she is not alone and that us fellow back problem people sympathize fully with her!

I would have been around sooner since the weather was coolish,

I know what you mean. We had sun and highs in the upper 70s to right about 80. Then on Friday we suddenly dropped to highs in the low to mid 50s. The good news though is that we did not have any frost or freeze in the overnight hours. Plus, other than some rain on Friday night we have been sunny throughout.

Hey buddy, glad to see you're back up. Yes, we did get to see it! The new nuclear submarine USS North Carolina is being officially commisioned in Wilmington, NC this afternoon. The mouth of the river that leads to Wilmingon is right by our town, and all ships have to make a turn to go upriver right at our waterfront.

Word was that the sub would be coming in at 8:30 this morning, so DW and I went on down. 8:30 came and went and the clock kept on ticking. I had to conduct a real estate closing at 10:00, so DW said just leave her there and get back as soon as I could. Turns out the people I was doing the closing for had been at the riverfront as well and we both went up to my office at about the same time. :cool:

Anyway. Those people knew that a local civil war reenactment group has would be fired as the sub came past and none of had heard it yet, so we still had a chance. (I said I hoped the sub commander knew about that, or we might get nuked in return.)

So, we got through with the closing and I hightailed it back to the waterfront and joined DW. I walked past some friends' riverfront house and they were on the porch waiting. I told them they were too late, the sub came by at 8:30 underwater. :thedolls:

Sooooo. We waited around for quite a while until we started seeing Coast Guard helicopters hovering at the river's mouth and Coast Guard boats coming up river and figured that was a pretty good sign that it was a-comin'.

All of a sudden, there was the superstructure sailing into the mouth of the river. We were a little ways upriver and saw it come in and make the turn and then it came right past us in full profile. Mostly what you could see was the conning tower, the rear fin and a little of the main structure above water. It was quite a sight and worth waiting for.

Or would a simple 'yes' have been enough? :D

Oh, I would think that you of all people would know by now that a simple yes is NEVER enough! What would we do with all that extra time if everyone answered with a simple yes? Just think, with all that extra time we might actually have to get things done at home or at work and that would just play absolute havoc with the way the world works!

Jasper
04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok, so Pogo said I had to stop by here and check it out. I have to say I'm still a bit :confused:

I'll hang out and see if it starts to make more sense! :D

Btw, if a man speaks and there's no one to hear him, does that still make him wrong??? :thumbsup:

I have been around here since the late 90s and it still doesn't make a lot sense at times. Of course, that is what makes it so much fun!

And in answer to your question, it all depends on who you ask. From my vantage point a man is always right even when he is wrong. However, my wife would tell you that a man is ALWAYS wrong even when he is right!

And you definitely don't want to forget the question or you will get a :nono::nono:, and that is definitely not a good thing!!

Did you bring any cookies????? I could use a helping hand here in the bakery.....

I hope they told you about rookies having to provide the cookies for the first couple of months?

And does the fact that she's from the hot air balloon capital have anything to do with inviting her to JQ? :D

I can't believe that you would think any of us have a lot of hot air!!:D:D

pogo
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Pogo, did you tell Sarah about our mandatory cookie rule? Oh yeah, and the question rule? And did you give her an application for the JQU faculty/staff? And does the fact that she's from the hot air balloon capital have anything to do with inviting her to JQ? :D

OK.... so you are turning on me too ???? :faint: You are sounding like Caroleh !

Hey...... I didn't want to scare her away before she had the courage to post here, did I ???

:welcome: Sarah!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to visit your state in a few months. :minnie:
Sarah can give you some great information about Santa Fe for sure. She used to work there. Right Sarah ???? :D

Nascfan
04-28-2008, 01:21 PM
New ride? What am I missing?

Doesn't Natalie mean the Toy Story Mania?

Hi Sara! Welcome to JQ. Pogo did tell you to bring cookies, didn't he?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
Oh, and for those of you counting with me, 46 days! :mickey:

drummerboy
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
I hope they told you about rookies having to provide the cookies for the first couple of months?
Hmmm. A new product for DDB (Drummerboy Discount Bakeries)--'Rookie Cookies'. Thanks jasper, we'll give you credits on the packaging. :D

Is everybody surviving Monday so far?

offwego
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Doesn't Natalie mean the Toy Story Mania?

Hi Sara! Welcome to JQ. Pogo did tell you to bring cookies, didn't he?

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
Oh, and for those of you counting with me, 46 days! :mickey: Indeed I did mean that! And welcome Sarah, don't mind us we are pretty easy going as long as you toss a cookie and a question in.

Hmmm. A new product for DDB (Drummerboy Discount Bakeries)--'Rookie Cookies'. Thanks jasper, we'll give you credits on the packaging. :D

Your going to use packaging? That's a novelty in and of itself.

And yes Jasper I was all shopped out, but that might have been cause my feet hurt after 10 hours of shopping. In two countries no less. Better now but still not going shopping soon. Someone should see if home values are up in Troy after all of that. (mind you I did donate 5.00 to the National Park system Ken..mostly to get 20% off everything at Macy's that 5.00 saved me 190. so it was a pretty good deal I think)

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually Pogo did not tell me about the cookies! I'll have to fetch some and be back with them tomorrow. What is everyone's favorite??

He did tell me about the questions, I'll have to make sure I keep that in mind, don't want to get the dreaded :nono: that would be distinctly unpatriotic.

Don't know anything about an application, but I can fit in just about anywhere :)

Hope to get to know all of you better :D

Jasper
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Darn, missed another one didn't I? That's OK, someone has to be the straight man in any comedy team right?

Actually Pogo did not tell me about the cookies! I'll have to fetch some and be back with them tomorrow. What is everyone's favorite??

I'm easy, I usually go for the old fashion chocolate chip!

And hey, an occasional lapse on the questions happens to all of us from time to time. In fact, there is a rumor going around that some folks intentionally leave out questions every now and again just to see if the hall monitors are awake or not.

pogo
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Hope to get to know all of you better :D

Oh you will..... I promise !

Did I warn you about the trouble makers here ????? :confused:

There names are Jasper, Nascfan, Beast_fanatic and grego77 ! Especially watch out for grego77 ! He has the hots for Patti and is taking her to dinner in December !

Drummerboy, Alex and I are the good guys !:fingers:

offwego
04-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh you will..... I promise !

There names are Jasper, Nascfan, Beast_fanatic and grego77 ! Especially watch out for grego77 ! He has the hots for Patti and is taking her to dinner in December !

Why is Rhonda in the trouble maker list? Alex is on the good guy list?

And where is Carol at while we are at it?

Dsnygirl
04-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi guys... just a quick zoop in before I go work in the basement. (I swear, I'm starting to feel like a spider, I spend so much time down there... :blush:) But - on the up side - it's looking better & better, and I'm actually kicking all the little 8-legged creatures out! :thumbsup: (I've heard they hate fresh paint... )

Is it rainy and cold anywhere else today?
Yup - we've got it, too! It's been raining all day, but as I was sleeping, it was perfect. And the plants definitely needed it!

Good morning all... My DSL service has been down all weekend. Didn't anybody miss me ??

Of course we did!! What would it be like around here without our bad boys? (Speaking of which - where is Alex??? :thedolls:)

Ok, so Pogo said I had to stop by here and check it out. I have to say I'm still a bit confused.

Welcome Sarah!! Glad to see you joined us -- and I'll take any kind of cookie you come up with. You'll find it's quite crazy around here, but lots of fun!

Hmmm. A new product for DDB (Drummerboy Discount Bakeries)--'Rookie Cookies'.

I like the sound of that!! Why didn't you think of them last year?? :(

Surviving quite well, thank you... I'm on my second cup of coffee, my girls are home safe & sound (a little wet, but they didn't melt... ;)), I'm making a yummy dinner and planning on watching a little SVU later, if the paintbrushes don't take over and keep me working. So - so far, so good!

He did tell me about the questions, I'll have to make sure I keep that in mind, don't want to get the dreaded :nono: that would be distinctly unpatriotic.

Don't worry about the "no-no's" - we've all gotten them, me on a regular basis. I will warn you about "zooping" though - that tends to land you in trouble with those questions!! :blush:

Drummerboy, Alex and I are the good guys !
:rub:

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 05:15 PM

I somehow doubt that!! :D I know you definately go on the trouble maker list. Don't you all agree?

Will this day ever end??? Yikes, I feel like I've been here forever (not a Monday person if you haven't noticed).

So what's this I hear about a December meet? I'm headed that way 10-15th for Mousefest. Not sure if I'm bringing DH or not :secret:

Natazu
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Last night Euan told us he was going to ride EE....I said "Not this year!" We are deciding whether to let him ride the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.... any thoughts?
I think he'll love it. I see that Greg has expertly answered your question but I already had the text quoted and the delete button is all the way on the other side of the keyboard so I figured I'd reply anyway. You been trolling the ICOT West forums?

Welcome to JQ Sarah. And I'd like to present you with the award for "Most Hard to Spell Hometown".

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcome to JQ Sarah. And I'd like to present you with the award for "Most Hard to Spell Hometown".

Thank you, this is a nice place!

Did I take a wrong turn at Albuquerque? :D

I enjoyed EE myself but the fast backwards and the dip down made me a little :sick: but I made it, looking forward to doing it in the dark this year.

pogo
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Why is Rhonda in the trouble maker list? Alex is on the good guy list?

And where is Carol at while we are at it?
I have no idea why Rhonda's trouble maker. I think she just chooses to be that way.

I don't know where Caroleh is....... it sure is quiet with out her here. She must be torchering poor Gilles ! :D Hey Buddy... where are you ?????? :(

Of course we did!! What would it be like around here without our bad boys? (Speaking of which - where is Alex??? :thedolls:)

Welcome Sarah!! Glad to see you joined us -- and I'll take any kind of cookie you come up with. You'll find it's quite crazy around here, but lots of fun!
Maybe Alex is in Canada with Caroleh, eh ???? :confused:

I heard you have a hard time spelling Knoxville ! :D

Did I take a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

:yes:

MauiMouse
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM

Haven't stayed there yet Rhonda, but the grounds are very pretty. I'd like to one of these trips. Last month I took about 2 hours to wander around the grounds. I took a bunch of photos and they are on my homepage website if you want to take a peak.

Good morning all... My DSL service has been down all weekend. Didn't anybody miss me ?? :pout:

I was wondering where you were. Were you lost without us? Thought that maybe you went on another trip and didn't invite any of us.

Ok, so Pogo said I had to stop by here and check it out.

Welcome to JQ crew!

disneydeb
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm glad I didn't make the trouble maker list! :whew:
I guess I don't stir enough stink!:stir: :D Welcome to all newcomers and I like peanut butter cookies by the way....;)

Pogo, I didn't know your dear sister- in- law had come down......:stir:
Anyone know anyone playing softball this season?

Nascfan
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM

Wha...huh? Did you just say that with a straight face?

pogo
04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I was wondering where you were. Were you lost without us?
Extremely lost ! Patti thought I was losing it ! I had to drink three Lapu lapu's to calm down.

I'm glad I didn't make the trouble maker list! :whew:
I guess I don't stir enough stink!
You came close...... very close ! ;)

Pogo, I didn't know your dear sister- in- law had come down......
What ????? I'm afraid I didn't follow you that time Sis. :confused: Can you explain it ??? :D

Wha...huh? Did you just say that with a straight face?

I do everything with a straight face. Don't take it personally !! :D

disneydeb
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Good morning all... My DSL service has been down all weekend.

What ????? I'm afraid I didn't follow you that time Sis. :confused: Can you explain it ??? :D

DSL does mean dear sister-in-law doesn't it?

You said she was down this weekend. Did she and Patti go shopping? :D

ElenitaB
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Welcome, Sarah!

:faint: I never thought I'd see you write those words! Who are you and what have you done with our Pogo?

pogo
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM

You said she was down this weekend. Did she and Patti go shopping? :D

:haha: Sis..... you amaze me sometimes ! :funny:

How do you come up with these ???? :confused:

:faint: I never thought I'd see you write those words! Who are you and what have you done with our Pogo?

We are the good guys...... aren't we ??? Ken.... Alex..... :help:

drummerboy
04-28-2008, 09:39 PM
We are the good guys...... aren't we ??? Ken.... Alex..... :help:
Let's see; white horse--check, silver holster--check, big white hat--check. Yup, good guy it is. :thumbsup:

Anybody else have a new nuclear sub pass by the end of their street today?

Dsnygirl
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I had to drink three Lapu lapu's to calm down.

Now THAT sounds like something worthy of going through again, if those are the remedies!! I just got through planning when we'd get some of those for ourselves in December!! :papple:

Let's see; white horse--check, silver holster--check, big white hat--check. Yup, good guy it is. :thumbsup:

Ummm... hate to be a downer, but I don't recall seeing any of those things in those pics that were posted... in fact, weren't you guys in the vacinity of some stocks? Hmmmm.... :D

So - how's everyone's Monday night treating them? Seeing as Dan and I just got done going over our Disney plans so we could decide on dates, etc., I'm doing just great!! :mickey3: :goofy: :stitch: I'm thinking I'd better chase this glass of wine with some Nyquil, just so I can settle down and go to sleep!!

Have a good night, all -- see you sometime tomorrow!!

MMouse6937
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
So - how's everyone's Monday night treating them? Seeing as Dan and I just got done going over our Disney plans so we could decide on dates, etc., I'm doing just great!! :mickey3: :goofy: :stitch: I'm thinking I'd better chase this glass of wine with some Nyquil, just so I can settle down and go to sleep!!

Hehehe, been there, done that, except DH doesn't like to talk Disney as much as I do. :D
Anyone know what's wrong with him?

Monday was alright, but the best part is it's over!!!

Have a good night, think I'm getting the hang of this! :)

pogo
04-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Looks good to me ! Hey.... nice horse ! ;)

Seeing as Dan and I just got done going over our Disney plans so we could decide on dates, etc., I'm doing just great!!
Anything you want to tell us ????? :D

Hehehe, been there, done that, except DH doesn't like to talk Disney as much as I do. :D
I've met the guy and I don't think there is anything wrong with him ! He's a great guy and has a pretty wife, good job, and a good sense of humor. What more could you ask for ???? :D

Going to bed....... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

disneydeb
04-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Couldn't sleep. Morning Sandy! I made coffee for you for a change. Do you take cream and sugar?

Have a great day!:mickey:

trackbarroness
04-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Good morning Deb, the coffee smells wonderful. I almost slept through the alarm clock this am. It's a good thing it gets louder the longer it's ignored. Lololol
Today's my Friday, and in a couple of weeks we submit our requests for the days we want off. I'm going to be switching to Thursday and Friday instead of what I have now. Do you suppose that's do-able? :D
I'm just wondering how long it takes for the planning DVD to come in the mail. I think it's been at least 4 weeks since I requested it. :cool: Okay it actually feels like it's been longer then that.

pogo
04-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Morning all...... I brought some Bagels to go with the coffee..... help yourself. :blush:

Couldn't sleep. Morning Sandy! I made coffee for you for a change. Do you take cream and sugar?

Do you have a guilty conscience about something ??? :confused: My Mom always told me that if you had a clear conscience, you'd sleep well. Do you think she knows me well ??? :D

I'm just wondering how long it takes for the planning DVD to come in the mail. I think it's been at least 4 weeks since I requested it. :cool: Okay it actually feels like it's been longer then that.
It seems like you should be able to walk over and pick one up ! Don't CM's get special treatment with things like that ???? :D

pogo
04-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey.... one more thing. What has happened to the "night shift" ? :confused: Has JQU gone to two shifts ?? :shrug: Where are you T&G ??? :search:

offwego
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning, a bagel sounds good Pogo. So it's back to sunny but chilly. Where did the warm go?

grego77
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the compliments Pogo (and for giving the Sarah the heads up :thumbsup:)! I hope I live up to my reputation in Dec! :D

Welcome Sarah...we need to do a little interview before you're fully accepted...so don't count you're eggs before they hatch dearie! As Dean of Admissions (and a supposed "bad guy") I need to make sure I do my job to the fullest...

...with that being said, you're accepted! Any friend of Patty's is a friend of mine! :congrats:

On another note, I leave for Disneyland EARLY Thurs morning with my best friend, and we'll be there till the 5th. Exciting things we'll be doing includes the DL Segway Tour, dinner at Napa Rose (one of the swankiest restaurants in the area!), AND a lunch with Disney Princesses! I'll have my pre-trip report up Weds on the DL trip reports area. Be sure to check it out! Any other suggestions??? :mickey:

Happy Tuesday everyone! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Welcome Sarah...we need to do a little interview before you're fully accepted...so don't count you're eggs before they hatch dearie! As Dean of Admissions (and a supposed "bad guy") I need to make sure I do my job to the fullest...

...with that being said, you're accepted! Any friend of Patty's is a friend of mine! :congrats:

Don't worry about Greg, Sarah. As you can see from his self-portrait avatar, he'd be easy to mash. When he took the vote for your admission, do you think he said the 'eyes' have it?

offwego
04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Don't worry about Greg, Sarah. As you can see from his self-portrait avatar, he'd be easy to mash. When he took the vote for your admission, do you think he said the 'eyes' have it?

Speaking of mashing...Do you think Greg should leave now before Rhonda finds him?

Is there any coffee left?

Mickey'sGirl
04-29-2008, 08:36 AM
that would be distinctly unpatriotic.You are funny. :sam:

You been trolling the ICOT West forums? I was going to say slumming.... but trolling is much more PC! I trust Greg, but you know Euey. I think he'll love it too.

Nat did you finish all the coffee?

Cousin, you staying out of trouble?

grego77
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Har Dee Har Har! :thumbsup: good one! Do you have a history in stand-up? :D

Speaking of mashing...Do you think Greg should leave now before Rhonda finds him?
Thanks for the heads up! It's the morning you know...sometimes people forget to be inquistive and ask important questions! ;) You're a doll! :mickey:

alpro2
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Where are the cookies? There used to be a rule here in JQ that the newbies bring the cookies. OK, let's go.....where are they? Despite Frankie being undercover, as far as I'm concerned, this is a thread about cookies. :D You can give Pogo his hugs and love later, just bring me the cookie. :D

pogo
04-29-2008, 10:29 AM

:haha: :drummer: :funny:

Now why did you have to warn him ???? I'd love to see Rhonda get him ! :D

Cousin, you staying out of trouble?

Don't I always ??

Where are the cookies? There used to be a rule here in JQ that the newbies bring the cookies. OK, let's go.....where are they? Despite Frankie being undercover, as far as I'm concerned, this is a thread about cookies. You can give Pogo his hugs and love later, just bring me the cookie.
:stop: Jeeessssshhhhhh.... what a grouch ! :angry:

drummerboy
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Har Dee Har Har! :thumbsup: good one! Do you have a history in stand-up? :D
Does it count if I was always made to stand-up in the corner?

MissStyles
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
On another note, I leave for Disneyland EARLY Thurs morning with my best friend, and we'll be there till the 5th. Exciting things we'll be doing includes the DL Segway Tour, dinner at Napa Rose (one of the swankiest restaurants in the area!), AND a lunch with Disney Princesses! I'll have my pre-trip report up Weds on the DL trip reports area. Be sure to check it out! Any other suggestions??? :mickey:

Happy Tuesday everyone! :thumbsup:

Happy Tuesday :) I'm so jealous that sounds like great fun. I have bad news I had to cancel my WDW trip for this weekend...I'm sick :ill: and don't think I'll be better in time. On the bright side :sun: I can save the $$$ for my other upcoming trips.

Where are the cookies? There used to be a rule here in JQ that the newbies bring the cookies. OK, let's go.....where are they? Despite Frankie being undercover, as far as I'm concerned, this is a thread about cookies. :D You can give Pogo his hugs and love later, just bring me the cookie. :D

Cookies????? Did someone say cookies???
At your service! :tiphat: I've got some good old fashioned tollhouse chocolate chip and peanut butter hershey kiss thumbprints. Help yourself...

MMouse6937
04-29-2008, 12:09 PM

I was getting my orders taken yesterday and was checking in today to make sure I have the right kinds. Patience dear!!

I have bad news I had to cancel my WDW trip for this weekend...I'm sick :ill: and don't think I'll be better in time. On the bright side :sun: I can save the $$$ for my other upcoming trips.

At your service! :tiphat: I've got some good old fashioned tollhouse chocolate chip and peanut butter hershey kiss thumbprints. Help yourself...

Sorry about your trip and you not feeling well. Better not to waste a trip though if you won't enjoy it to the fullest. When is your next trip planned? When are you headed out this way to NM?

Looks like there are plenty of cookies, I'll bring some more tomorrow. Oatmeal raisin!! :D

Dsnygirl
04-29-2008, 12:37 PM

Don't worry, my DH is the same way - he loves going, but doesn't get into the discussions and planning the way I do. But hey, at least he'll listen at pre-planned, pre-scheduled times.... and as long as I listen to all his golf stuff, he owes me!! :thumbsup:

Hey.... one more thing. What has happened to the "night shift" ? Has JQU gone to two shifts ?? :shrug: Where are you T&G ??? :search:
Ditto -- T&G, we miss you!! Where'd you go???

As far as this night shift gal, not much time to chat lately at work... I'm either on the "wrong" floor, or busy delivering babies. Sorry -- I'll try to keep those elevator doors closed next time I'm there!! ;)

Where are the cookies? There used to be a rule here in JQ that the newbies bring the cookies. OK, let's go.....where are they? Despite Frankie being undercover, as far as I'm concerned, this is a thread about cookies. You can give Pogo his hugs and love later, just bring me the cookie. :D
Okay, you.... just to keep you quiet, I've set out a tray of chocolate chip, mocha fudge and some seriously good frosted brownies... are you happier now?? Geez... you men can be high maintenance sometimes.... just b/c you hurt your back.... :D

Nascfan
04-29-2008, 12:41 PM
As far as this night shift gal, not much time to chat lately at work... I'm either on the "wrong" floor, or busy delivering babies. Sorry -- I'll try to keep those elevator doors closed next time I'm there!! ;)

Okay, you.... just to keep you quiet, I've set out a tray of chocolate chip, mocha fudge and some seriously good frosted brownies... are you happier now?? Geez... you men can be high maintenance sometimes.... just b/c you hurt your back.... :D

You have a computer in your elevator? Hey, cool!

Mmmm, frosted brownies! You always were my favorite. :tasty:

Hey, did you all see that we're famous? JQU had a question asked about it in the Information Kiosk!

MMouse6937
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Don't worry, my DH is the same way - he loves going, but doesn't get into the discussions and planning the way I do. But hey, at least he'll listen at pre-planned, pre-scheduled times.... and as long as I listen to all his golf stuff, he owes me!! :thumbsup:

Yep, I get to listen to his motorcycle talk so it's only fair he has to listen to my Disney talk!

Hey, did you all see that we're famous? JQU had a question asked about it in the Information Kiosk!

So JQU is finally famous! What did they want to know? Who are all these weird guys here? ;)

pogo
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
So JQU is finally famous! What did they want to know? Who are all these weird guys here?

Be careful now, :hug:..... one of the weird guys invited you here ! :D

What's happening in Albuquerque ??? Weather good ??? :confused:

MMouse6937
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Be careful now, :hug:..... one of the weird guys invited you here ! :D

What's happening in Albuquerque ??? Weather good ??? :confused:

Finally!! Spring has just crept in, cold in the evenings still, but pretty warm in the afternoons.

So tell me about the JQU meeting in December, or am I not "official" yet?

drummerboy
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Your final exam is the plate of cookies you're going to bring for us all. And we eat a lot of cookies.

Who's ready for the 5:00 whistle?

Jasper
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Does it count if I was always made to stand-up in the corner?

Oh man, did you have the same teachers I had? The only difference from year to year is that the smudge on the wall from my nose got higher and higher!:D:D

Happy Tuesday :) I'm so jealous that sounds like great fun. I have bad news I had to cancel my WDW trip for this weekend...I'm sick :ill: and don't think I'll be better in time. On the bright side :sun: I can save the $$$ for my other upcoming trips.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel! Even though it was "just" a weekend trip anytime you have to cancel it is sad.

Oh, by the way, can you send some of those tollhouse chocolate chip cookies my way?

My wife just brought me a bunch of laundry that needs to be done for her store. I just hope I can find some good excuse to put it off until tomorrow. I really hate going to the laundromat in the evenings because they are usually sooo crowded at this time of night. Plus if you don't have your last load of laundry in the washing machine by 6:40pm the woman who works the evening shift gets VERY nasty!

MissStyles
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry about your trip and you not feeling well. Better not to waste a trip though if you won't enjoy it to the fullest. When is your next trip planned? When are you headed out this way to NM?

Looks like there are plenty of cookies, I'll bring some more tomorrow. Oatmeal raisin!! :D

You should join me in the kitchen here at JQU - I've been searching high and low for an assistant.......and oatmeal raisin sounds perfect for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

We fly in to ABQ on 7/6 and we leave on the 13th. I researched some places this weekend we want to try...The Plaza is one of them!

That's great you'll be able to attend our meet....we'll have to update the "list"...does anyone know where it went? And Sarah, do you know where you're staying yet?

Yes how COOL is that???? :cool:

Sorry to hear you had to cancel! Even though it was "just" a weekend trip anytime you have to cancel it is sad.

Oh, by the way, can you send some of those tollhouse chocolate chip cookies my way?

I know I'm so bummed, but I have to listen to my body and just stay put this weekend. :ill:

I've got a few tollhouse left.....I'm virtually sending them your way!!! :D

pogo
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Have you accepted a position and put it into your signature yet ??????? :confused:

That's great you'll be able to attend our meet....we'll have to update the "list"...does anyone know where it went? And Sarah, do you know where you're staying yet?

I think Deb is in charge of the list............ :nudge:Hey Sis.... where's the list for the "JQ" Meet ?? :confused:
You had it last ! :D

offwego
04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Greg a doll? Been a very long time since anyone called me that.

Alex are we all done the pain meds? here's some bread pudding with custard instead ok?

My DS was looking for cookies this afternoon so I'll have to make some tommorow I guess. I'm feeling some macaroons. But brownies could work too. Are muffins afterschoolish?

Caroleh
04-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I haven't been feeling myself. My creativity up and left me. I think it finally came back today and I'm feeling more like my old self. Remember, Buddy, you asked for it!!!:D

Ken, did you whitewash that horse?

Welcome to JQ, Sarah!!! and anyone else that I might have missed!!

Does anyone want to see my decorating (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2373675990093439642GYIgbC) I did to the house (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2373675990093439642GYIgbC) tonight? The first one is our breakfast nook and the picture is a map of Paris, France. The second one is above our bed.

dlpmikki
04-29-2008, 09:01 PM
It's been a beautiful day in Florida :mickey: I started off at Aquatica which was great fun even if I didn't fancy any of the bigger rides. Then we went shopping and finished up with dinner at outback. Yummy. Tomorrow Kennedy Space Centre is back on the agenda after we didn't go on Sunday.

Who wants to join us for the weekend? :D

pogo
04-29-2008, 09:20 PM

Be careful Natalie..... Grego likes older women ! eerrr...... not that you are old...... you know what I mean ?????? :blush:

Hi Everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I haven't been feeling myself. My creativity up and left me. I think it finally came back today and I'm feeling more like my old self. Remember, Buddy, you asked for it!!!:D

Ken, did you whitewash that horse?

Does anyone want to see my decorating (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2373675990093439642GYIgbC) I did to the house (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2373675990093439642GYIgbC) tonight? The first one is our breakfast nook and the picture is a map of Paris, France. The second one is above our bed.
Cute..... very cute ! So is the house ! :D

It's been a beautiful day in Florida :mickey: I started off at Aquatica which was great fun even if I didn't fancy any of the bigger rides. Then we went shopping and finished up with dinner at outback. Yummy. Tomorrow Kennedy Space Centre is back on the agenda after we didn't go on Sunday.

:hi: I do..... can you send car for me on Friday morning ????? :D

offwego
04-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Be careful Natalie..... Grego likes older women ! eerrr...... not that you are old...... you know what I mean ?????? :blush:

Pogo, I will be there in December, avec mon shoes capish? Be very careful how you approach that question my friend.

Old humph..at least not till the trip since it will be over my birthday I'm not.

MMouse6937
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Have you accepted a position and put it into your signature yet ??????? :confused:

Not sure what my title is yet, looks like I might be the assistant in the kitchen! :D

You should join me in the kitchen here at JQU - I've been searching high and low for an assistant.......and oatmeal raisin sounds perfect for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I'm scheduled to stay at POP.

Thanks Caroleh, good to be here!

So Oatmeal ok with everyone here? If so I better get cooking for tomorrow.

Plus, the Red Wings are playing tonight, gotta get in hockey mode :hockey:

See you all tomorow! :hi:

Dsnygirl
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Nice job! :thumbsup: Glad to see you back around!

I wish...

Old humph..at least not till the trip since it will be over my birthday I'm not.
We'll be celebrating Dan's b'day, too, although we arrive the day after... we'll have to meet up for a drink somewhere to celebrate the two of you!! :marg:

How's everyone doing tonight? I am uncharacteristically tired... I don't feel like I did all that much, although I did spend a few hours painting. I think I'll turn in a little early and try to catch up... the only glitch is I have to get up at (gasp) 6am to go to a 7:30 class. :( Not a good wake-up call for a night shift kind-of girl... I'll have to put a pot of coffee on before bed. Knowing it's brewed and ready will be about the only thing getting me out of my nice warm bed tomorrow!!! :coffee:

I'll be sure to leave enough for all of you other early risers...

offwego
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Blythe remind me are Dan & I on the same day or just really close?

Oatmeal is great Sarah but you mean to be cheering for the Habs right? The Red Wings for goodness sake..

Natazu
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
If you're willing to put up with Pogo, you're in.

We'll be there in spirit. You traveled 3000 miles to eat at Outback?

Tink&Goofy
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I somehow doubt that!! I know you definately go on the trouble maker list. Don't you all agree?

I like her. She can stay. :yes: Welcome Sarah!!

You said she was down this weekend. Did she and Patti go shopping?
:funny: Deb, you crack me up!! :D

Hey.... one more thing. What has happened to the "night shift" ? Has JQU gone to two shifts ?? \ Where are you T&G ??? :search:

Ditto -- T&G, we miss you!! Where'd you go???

Been busy, busy, busy! (check for a PM :D). Which one of you sent the germies to invade me today? Is that your way of getting me to sit down and check in on I'cot?

Other than feeling like...well, not feeling well :D, today was just waay to hectic! I came home not feeling well. When DD13 got home, she said her bus was late because of the SERT team. :eek: What???? So I check on line, and there was an armed robbery right across the street from DD5's daycare. The entire area was shut down. I call daycare. Yes they are in lock down, but the police are allowing access through the back to get the kids. Soooo, off I go - I'd rather have her at home, thank you very much! I got her with no drama. The news says it is just closed while they finish their investigation. Yah right. Thats why they need the SERT vans, police dogs, and the city buses for the people from the nearby apartments to sit in while they "wait it out". If they are there in the am, DD's staying home. I thought my life was overly exciting at times - but this is too close to home...

pogo
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
If you're willing to put up with Pogo, you're in.

Come on...... am I that bad ???? :blush:

I like her. She can stay. :yes: Welcome Sarah!!

Been busy, busy, busy! (check for a PM :D). Which one of you sent the germies to invade me today? Is that your way of getting me to sit down and check in on I'cot?

It was Blythe ! :D

And to think I missed you for a minute or two. :shake:

Sarah actually reminds me of you........ Now.... what was I thinking ????? :doh: Back to the drawing board! :D

Tink&Goofy
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Have you accepted a position and put it into your signature yet ???????
So what position do I get?

Hi Everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I haven't been feeling myself. My creativity up and left me. I think it finally came back today and I'm feeling more like my old self.
Welcome back Carol!

Me! Me! Me! :D

And to think I missed you for a minute or two. :shake:

Sarah actually reminds me of you........ Now.... what was I thinking ????? :doh: Back to the drawing board! :D
I like her. She can stay! :yes: Besides, she offered cookies! Are you turning down cookies?? Oh, thats rights, you don't eat cookies. Can I have yours?? :D

pogo
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey..... look what I found ! Anybody need to make changes ?????? Maybe add resorts or dates???? :D

MICHELLE

pogo
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
So what position do I get?

:zipped:

I like her. She can stay! :yes: Besides, she offered cookies! Are you turning down cookies?? Oh, thats rights, you don't eat cookies. Can I have yours?? :D

Do you want my cookies ???? Then you may have them ! :D

Caroleh
04-29-2008, 10:59 PM

Do you really have to ask that question?

Tink&Goofy
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM

Wow. You even answered your own question. I bet even Rhonda doesn't do that!

Are those cookies chocolate? ANYTHING chocolate?

disneydeb
04-30-2008, 06:24 AM
How come everyone gets real chatty when I need to go to sleep?

Pogo, glad to see you are one guy who can find things for himself! :D :thumbsup:
and everybody....
Today is my favorite fellow's birthday

Gage is 1 today!

:party:Happy Birthday, Gage!:party:

pogo
04-30-2008, 07:04 AM
:party2:.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE !.....:party2:

Good morning JQer's ........ :play: rise and shine ! Today is the first day of the rest of your life ! :D

OK.... I feel better today. We saw the return of two lost souls and we even have a new one join us so our family is getting bigger. Now, who has the cookies ????

See you all later today..... and keep a smile :clown: on your face today.... make everyone wonder what you are up to ! :D

Caroleh
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
:party: Happy Birthday, Gage!!! :party:

How is everyone this fine hump day? I'm going to have a busy long day. I have to go to work at 1 and then after work at 9 I'm going to a Girls Night Out with the bellydancers. We are going to raise some money for the local women's shelter.

MMouse6937
04-30-2008, 08:19 AM
How is everyone this fine hump day? I'm going to have a busy long day. I have to go to work at 1 and then after work at 9 I'm going to a Girls Night Out with the bellydancers. We are going to raise some money for the local women's shelter.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Sounds cool to me!!

Morning all!!!

Last night was pretty good, got my cookies made (help yourself), my Red Wings won!! and I had a dream that I was riding EE and when it broke down, Joe Rhode came and talked to me!! :D Pretty crazy huh?

I'll talk to you all later, have a great day!

MissStyles
04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I haven't been feeling myself.

Welcome back, we missed you Carol!!

Not sure what my title is yet, looks like I might be the assistant in the kitchen! :D

So you accept?

Are those cookies chocolate? ANYTHING chocolate?

Of course - we have an endless supply of dark just for you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE! :party: Are you having a party for him will all of your JQU buddies?

Now, who has the cookies ????

See you all later today..... and keep a smile :clown: on your face today.... make everyone wonder what you are up to ! :D

This one's for you....:D

We've been slaving all morning on the cookies, Sarah even got up at the same time as me and she's 2 hours behind, that's dedication I tell ya!

.........come and get 'em!
The coffee's fresh too...........

MauiMouse
04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Plus, the Red Wings are playing tonight, gotta get in hockey mode :hockey:

Yeah, another Red Wings fan! Go Wings! :hockey:

Maybe add resorts or dates???? :D

MARY & Friends (December 10-13) - Pop Century
MICHELLE

I just added my resort, back to Pop Century for me. I just hope that I can get some time away from my friends to meet up. So please can we make our meet on Saturday? Please Please, or the Christmas Party would be another option if anyone else was attending on the 11th.

How come everyone gets real chatty when I need to go to sleep?

Feel the same way here Deb, I crash and they get chatty.

Also a big Happy Birthday goes out to Gage on his 1st Birthday! :party: :wishes:

Tink&Goofy
04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Happy Birthday Gage!!!

Well the bad new is - I feel like dirt. :ill: The good news is - I will probably be online more today! :D Anybody have another box of Kleenex?

offwego
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
T & g do you need anything else with the Kleenex? Chicken soup perhaps?

Have we seen Di or is she still getting over the party on Friday?

Hope everyone is havign a good day, I'm researching flights for December which is fun. Air Tran sure runs some great prices but with a lot of stops in the way so I'm not sure about that.

ElenitaB
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
T&G, please feel better soon. I'll send out chicken soup... but don't forget the Lysol!

My DS was looking for cookies this afternoon so I'll have to make some tommorow I guess. I'm feeling some macaroons. But brownies could work too. Are muffins afterschoolish?
A doll? Chuckie maybe? ;)

Nat, anything you bake will be just fine with me. :eat:

I think I know the answer to that one! :minnie::mickey3:

We'll be celebrating Dan's b'day, too, although we arrive the day after... we'll have to meet up for a drink somewhere to celebrate the two of you!!
A drink? Heck, we need several... even if just to take into account the ones that spill.

Gage is 1 today!
Favorite fellow? I guess your DH doesn't read this thread, huh? Happy birthday, Gage! When's grandma taking you to meet Mickey?

Carol, glad to see you back. Your parachute advice is being put into practice tonight. So whether you know it or not, your creativity is alive and well elsewhere. :hug:

MauiMouse
04-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Hope everyone is havign a good day, I'm researching flights for December which is fun. Air Tran sure runs some great prices but with a lot of stops in the way so I'm not sure about that.

Natalie, have you checked out flying out of Flint? I know you are in Canada but aren't you close to Michigan? They have a non-stop flight early in the am and the late in the evening. You might have to spend the night in the states before though.

Well the bad new is - I feel like dirt. :ill: The good news is - I will probably be online more today! :D Anybody have another box of Kleenex?

Feel better soon T&G. :pixie:

I think I know the answer to that one! :minnie::mickey3:

Have an awesome time Ellen & Ben. :mickey:

I'm off for the rest of the day visiting my good friend who moved away to Iowa. We are just going to go shopping and hang out. I bought her a bunch of Cheshire Cat stuff at Disney and have to unload it on her. I'm sure that she will be :D

Later! :mickey:

MMouse6937
04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
So you accept?

Definately!! Sounds like you're overwhelmed with this group and all their demands anyways!!

Yeah, another Red Wings fan! Go Wings! :hockey:

Did you see the game last night? Total domination, love it...I can't stand the Avs

I'm so sorry you don't feel good. Take a rest, and eat some cookies!!!

Are we undecided about the meet in Dec? Is anyone doing any Mousefest stuff? I'm open to whatever day, but Friday at the Xmas party or Saturday sounds good! :party:

Caroleh
04-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm off for the rest of the day visiting my good friend who moved away to Iowa. We are just going to go shopping and hang out. I bought her a bunch of Cheshire Cat stuff at Disney and have to unload it on her. I'm sure that she will be :D

Later! :mickey:

Hey, Mary, where in Iowa? That's where I'm orginally from!!

grego77
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey..... look what I found ! Anybody need to make changes ?????? Maybe add resorts or dates???? :D

MICHELLE

You can add me to that list. I will *hopefully* be able to go Friday-Sunday, and ideally be able to stay...where else...Coronado Springs. :mickey: Add me for now, and once I finalize everything, ill let you know. I don't want to dissapoint Patty and not be able to go! Heaven forbid! :D

Sarah, if/when I decide to book everything, I will definitely look at Mousefest events...on Friday night last year they had a Holiday Wishes Cruise...SOOO amazing...totally worth it. Any takers for that??? :mickey:

Have a great rest of the week everyone. I probably wont be on again until after I get back from DL...WOOO! Be safe and happy and healthy all! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
:party2: Happy Birthday Gage!! :party2:

Blythe remind me are Dan & I on the same day or just really close?

You're two days apart... he's the 8th. :party:

Which one of you sent the germies to invade me today? Is that your way of getting me to sit down and check in on I'cot?

Sorry... I didn't know any other way to slow you down and provide you with a good excuse for it... :blush:

BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 9-16) CBR (we hope)
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (Dec 6-14th)
MICHELLE
Changed our dates a bit... provided airfare co-operates...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling any better... I sent a few boxes of Kleenex your way with some homemade chicken noodle soup and some chocolate chip cookies... and some DayQuil, too!!

Well, I made it through my class... as I was the only one there, we were done in 3 hrs instead of 4!! :thumbsup: The bad part was that it was snowing when I left... SNOWING!!! Can you believe that??? It's not anymore, it's sunny -- but only about 45 degrees. Brrrr!!!

Not sure what to do with myself today... I know what I SHOULD be doing, which is housework... but the inspiration just hasn't hit. So, here I am, surfing, 'til it does... ;)

offwego
04-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Snowing Blythe? YIKES
I have to do some housework later as well, a bunch of dusting and vacuming is screaming my name. Or DH will be if I don't do it. (Apparently one should do some house work if one's not working and ones mother comes to visit. Who knew?) I did get all caught up on laundry, dishes and grocery list making..but I'll do the shopping thursday.

Does cream of tomato (homemade) and grilled cheese sound good? I'll have coconut macaroons for dessert if that helps.

Mary is Flint cheaper then DTW? We normally go there as it's pretty close.

Nascfan
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Does cream of tomato (homemade) and grilled cheese sound good? I'll have coconut macaroons for dessert if that helps.

Sounds like a perfect lunch. I'll be there in 10. ;)

Do we have any of Sarah's cookies left?

Tink&Goofy
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
[OK.... I feel better today. We saw the return of two lost souls and we even have a new one join us so our family is getting bigger.
Lost? Who said anything about Lost? I knew exactly where I was the whole time! :D

Sorry... I didn't know any other way to slow you down and provide you with a good excuse for it... :blush:
Bless you. I could do without the cold, but definitely am soaking in the chance to sit back! :D

Sorry - no cookies to offer today. But I do have chocolate-chocolate chip muffins! Anyone want some? They are GREAT with coffee!! :D

drummerboy
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
The bad part was that it was snowing when I left... SNOWING!!! Can you believe that??? It's not anymore, it's sunny -- but only about 45 degrees. Brrrr!!!)
I thought it was chilly here when we went into the high 50s overnight. It's gorgeous out now, mid-70s and sunshine.

Anybody want to go out to the courthouse with me?

MauiMouse
04-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you see the game last night? Total domination, love it...I can't stand the Avs

No unfortunately I didn't, had to watch American Idol & then Dancing with the Stars. I hate the Avs too! :D

Hey, Mary, where in Iowa? That's where I'm orginally from!!

They moved to LeClaire right on the Mississippi, just north of Davenport. Hope to get over there this summer, we shall see.

Mary is Flint cheaper then DTW? We normally go there as it's pretty close.

Parking is a lot cheaper, it only cost me $35 for on-site parking for 5 full days, while it cost over $100 for a full week down at DTW. AirTran has a non-stop flight out of Flint one way for $124 right now. I priced out NWA and the flight was cheap, but the times weren't good, I'd miss most of the day on Sunday & Thursday if I flew out of Detroit in August. Plus there is nobody in Flint's airport, so you don't have to get there super early. I like that a lot. Hope that helps.

Anyone want to see a cute picture from last Mickey's Pirate & Princess Party? If so click here. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2700123840032190626LxTixl?vhost=good-times) ARRR

MMouse6937
04-30-2008, 03:06 PM
No unfortunately I didn't, had to watch American Idol & then Dancing with the Stars. I hate the Avs too! :D

Anyone want to see a cute picture from last Mickey's Pirate & Princess Party? If so click here. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2700123840032190626LxTixl?vhost=good-times) ARRR

Too bad, it was a good game!

Cool pictures, ARGH, pirates!!

So does anyone get siked on here for Mousefest??? I started a new thread about it, not one response. I am really excited to go this year....the megamouse meet sounds like my shangri la!!! :D

Beast_fanatic
04-30-2008, 04:49 PM
CS is my favorite resort. People say they don't like it because of convention goers...which I think is absolutely rediculous. Convention people are not taking up the disney busses, they are not taking up the whole pool, and the ones who are screaming at 12am. I, personally, think convention goers are the BEST...because they stay out of your hair!

That's one of the reasons that I was thinking that CS might be a good choice for December. I also thought it was unlikely to encounter much (if any) Pop Warner there (which is why I don't want to do POR or POFQ this time).

So tell us, what do you think about CS? DW and I have stayed there once (that was the year we treated the whole family to a trip). Overall, it was very nice, and I like the resaurant. I think our bad experience was staying in a fairly remote building. We were pretty far from bus stops and the food court.

That's the main complaint that I've heard, and that's what we didn't like about CBR. Decisions, decisions.

Shame upon you for spoiling my fun. :nono:

Looks like there are plenty of cookies, I'll bring some more tomorrow. Oatmeal raisin!!

I was going to welcome you to JQ, but I don't like raisins. :fresh: Got any cookies without raisins? ;)

I've been to the balloon fiesta in your fair city several times, and just last year we made a stop there to see the balloon museum on the way up to see my sister in Colorado (she lives near Durango).

I have to go to work at 1 and then after work at 9 I'm going to a Girls Night Out with the bellydancers. We are going to raise some money for the local women's shelter.

Somehow that all sounds slightly risque. :blush:

So does anyone get siked on here for Mousefest??? I started a new thread about it, not one response. I am really excited to go this year....the megamouse meet sounds like my shangri la!!!

Not too much, no. Sometimes INTERCOT has a contingent, but not all the time. John has not mentioned anything about it for this year.

offwego
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Dumb thought..but if any of you had my cell number, it's not mine anymore. The advantage of a work cell kinda stop when you stop working there. I do have a new one so you can PM me if you need it.

I can't retrieve messages from it either (but don't know if they would have changed the message). Sorry I didn't think of it sooner.

So where are all those cookies or has Alex been by already?

Mickey'sGirl
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
:hi: Hey! Just a quick end of crazy Wednesday zoop!

Where'd all the rum ... er cookies go? :D

Great picture Mary! T&G -- I hope you feel better soon! :pixie:

Nat -- what should I serve to my foodie friends on Saturday? We're having dilled salmon and asperges tarte to start .... Any thoughts?

MMouse6937
04-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I was going to welcome you to JQ, but I don't like raisins. :fresh: Got any cookies without raisins? ;)

I've been to the balloon fiesta in your fair city several times, and just last year we made a stop there to see the balloon museum on the way up to see my sister in Colorado (she lives near Durango).

Not too much, no. Sometimes INTERCOT has a contingent, but not all the time. John has not mentioned anything about it for this year.

No raisins??? Yikes, ok, back to the kitchen. Alex is going to eat them all anyways so I don't worry about any waste.

We will probably never stay at CS because it's themed like the desert southwest, and hello :listen: I already live here! I try to use my vacation to get away from all things New Mexico!

Glad you were able to check out Balloon Fiesta Rhonda, it's one of the wonderful things about living here. Beautiful!

Too bad about Mousefest, sounds like great fun and Intercot should do some kind of meet, but I guess I'll have to make due with the JQU meet! ;)

Not sure they've all been eaten yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Dsnygirl
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Bless you. I could do without the cold, but definitely am soaking in the chance to sit back!

Sorry - no cookies to offer today. But I do have chocolate-chocolate chip muffins! Anyone want some? They are GREAT with coffee!!
You're welcome! Glad it worked in your favor. ;)

I'd love some of those muffins, even if it's post-dinnner time around here.... if they're great with coffee, they'd be even better with SPIKED coffee! :blush:

Where'd all the rum ... er cookies go?

Nice try at a recovery there.... but I believe Jack has all the rum.... still....

No raisins??? Yikes, ok, back to the kitchen. Alex is going to eat them all anyways so I don't worry about any waste.

How well you know this group already.... :thumbsup:

So - what's up for tonight? I'm not working and Dan just took the girls to their church class -- so I am footloose and fancy free for the next 2 hours!! :woohoo: I think I'll have me a bit of that special after-dinner coffee and curl up with a good book... or watch L&O... or go through my pile of paperwork that's calling my name... sigh... decisions, decisions!! :D

pogo
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM

:hi: Pogo's got plenty ! :D

Nat -- what should I serve to my foodie friends on Saturday? We're having dilled salmon and asperges tarte to start .... Any thoughts?

How about Rolaids...... Tums......Pepto bismol..... ????? :D

offwego
04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Jenn are you looking for mains or dessert or side dishes?

For a dessert what about the Nigella choc. cake with latte cream? That always looks so neat and sounds different. With dilled salmon and aspergus tart already would a pasta work? Her express book has a really neat shrimp pasta I could send you the receipe if you want. That might work with the things you've mentioned.

Of course you can always go in a total different direction and do a series of flatbreads for a main that's really just shared..make (or buy) a couple of batches of pizza dough, fire up the grill and top with anything really. (I love a olive oil and garlic topped one with a mesculan salad on top, goat cheese and tapande is always yummy, the ever popular tomato and fresh mozzeralla and basil, roast beef and roasted peppers with asiago, chicken and bbq sauce with some apple is nice..anyway I should stop before everyone else is bored)

So is anyone hungry yet?

MMouse6937
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM
So is anyone hungry yet?

Um, yeah.

Ok, well off to make some non raisined cookies for Rhonda :D

By the way, does anyone here drink anything else but coffee in the morning? Coffee makes me :sick: Rather have me a mountain dew if someone's bringing.

Night Night!

Tink&Goofy
04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Nat - is it too late to hire you for our cook? My dinner consisted of chili, corn muffins and applesauce. Actually, it wasn't too bad, and nice and easy - just the way I like it! :D

Loved the picture, Mary! Did you dress up too?

Sarah - One of my college roommates was from NM. She was on exchange from UNM in Albuquerque, but was from Roswell. The same year, another guy was from Las Cruces. Never made it there, but would love to go some time!

So - still dreaming about December in WDW... I so want to go, but really could only make it work going by myself. Then I think I would feel guilty the whole time for leaving everyone at home! :blush: But I have a few more months to flip flop on it. :goodbad:

Beast_fanatic
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok, well off to make some non raisined cookies for Rhonda

By the way, does anyone here drink anything else but coffee in the morning? Coffee makes me :sick: Rather have me a mountain dew if someone's bringing.

Cookies for me? I feel so special. :encore:

I don't do coffee either. I usually have a caffeine free Diet Coke and then follow that up with water.

disneydeb
05-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Rhonda, we are leaning toward POFQ or Pop. Amy and Dustin want to take a carriage ride. (how sweet):)
Amy and Dustin insist on taking a full week.:thumbsup: (I raised her well)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for a proposal in front of the catle?

Caroleh
05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Um, yeah.

Ok, well off to make some non raisined cookies for Rhonda :D

Night Night!

I don't drink coffee either. I keep wondering how something that smells so good can tatse so bad..sorry, guys, it's just way too bitter for me. I drink my morning Dr. Pepper because I need my caffine. Up here Mountian Dew doesn't have caffine, so I went from MD to DP.

Ellen, don't you head off to WDW tonight? if so, have a great trip!!!

MissStyles
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM

I've got a fresh batch coming out of the oven.....real white chocolate macademia chip and plain sugar for those who might be allergic to nuts.

See above :)

We will probably never stay at CS because it's themed like the desert southwest, and hello :listen: I already live here! I try to use my vacation to get away from all things New Mexico!

Sarah we're opposites.....that's the exact reason we are vacationing to NM - we want to get away from the beach atmosphere here in FL! Opposites attract though right? Must be why we work so well together here in the kitchen. :)

..anyway I should stop before everyone else is bored

So is anyone hungry yet?

Yes even at 8 in the morning....carry on though. I wasn't bored!

No coffee for me either, I make it but I don't drink it. Just plain ol' H20 is all I drink.

Did I ask a question????

trackbarroness
05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Good morning JQ'ers now I need coffee to help me get started first thing in the morning. And sometimes I drink it during the day also. :D I knew there was a beverage I kept forgetting about in the am. Oops my bad
And of course the coffee is on as well as the water for tea, hot chocolate/cocoa. And soda of your choice. And of course juices of your choice as well. Anyone want a bagel? :cool:

offwego
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Carol, if your jonesing for Mountian Dew have another look in the store as they now sell caffine included versions. (I know I have to check as DS loves the stuff and sometimes will grab the caffine one and bounce off the ceiling)

All you non coffee people must be why WDW has never upgraded the java they serve. As a favour to Ellen, Jenn & the other serious coffee people here could you just complain about it on principal? Seeing as how you won't drink it you could even go so far as to say your not drinking it until it gets drinkable. (just because it can never get that way doesn't mean you need to tell them that). It's seriously the worst coffee anywhere.

Jenn did you decide on a meal?

T & G it may be a bit of a commute to be your cook..but if this new job doesn't work out we will see. I imagine getting a green card for a cook would be mighty tricky though don't you think?

MMouse6937
05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Sarah - One of my college roommates was from NM. She was on exchange from UNM in Albuquerque, but was from Roswell. The same year, another guy was from Las Cruces. Never made it there, but would love to go some time!

Truly is a Small World after all, isn't it??

Cookies for me? I feel so special. :encore:

Absolutely, made some sugar cookies in the shape of possums, anyone else?

Sarah we're opposites.....that's the exact reason we are vacationing to NM - we want to get away from the beach atmosphere here in FL! Opposites attract though right? Must be why we work so well together here in the kitchen. :)

Absolutely, we should trade houses for a few weeks so you can get your desert southwest fix and I can get my beach fix!! :D

Have a great day everyone, I'll check in periodically but things are going to be hectic here today. :)

Mickey'sGirl
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Jenn did you decide on a meal?
I'm thinking of telling them not to come, and making you come over to drink wine and cook flatbreads with me..... How much fun would we ever have???!!!!!

I think I would like the shrimp pasta recipe AND I might serve some flatbreads with... arugula and goat cheese comes to mind.... and bbq chicken with balsamic onions..... now i'm hungry

Nascfan
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I've got a fresh batch coming out of the oven.....real white chocolate macademia chip and plain sugar for those who might be allergic to nuts.

Are you kidding me? Real white chocolate macademia chip? YUM!

Hope everyone's...Thursday, it is Thursday isn't it?, is going well. Pssst, 43 days. ;)

MissStyles
05-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Are you kidding me? Real white chocolate macademia chip? YUM!

Hope everyone's...Thursday, it is Thursday isn't it?, is going well. Pssst, 43 days. ;)

I kid you not, we only serve the finest cookies here at JQU. None of that partially hydrogenated mumbo jumbo! :crazy:

Is it quittin' time yet?????????????? Anyone doing anything fun tonight?

Natalie I meant to ask, how is your new job treating, that's if you've started yet??

Dsnygirl
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I think I would like the shrimp pasta recipe AND I might serve some flatbreads with... arugula and goat cheese comes to mind.... and bbq chicken with balsamic onions..... now i'm hungry
Me too!! Can I come visit?? :)

Pssst, 43 days. ;)
:thumbsup:

Anyone doing anything fun tonight?

Just working.... :( I'll try to check in, though, seeing as Pogo was missing the night crew... :)

Well, it's only a bit warmer today, but at least it's sunny and bright... and it's supposed to get back up into the 60's for the next few days, so that's better!!

Anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend?? We aren't doing too much -- I've got to work Sat & Sun nights, so we're staying close to home. We were supposed to close on our house today, but the seller's lawyer is being slow w/ the title documents, so it looks like it's sending us out into Monday or Tuesday. :( As we aren't comfortable doing too much more to the house until it's officially ours, we won't be doing some of the stuff we were planning on starting this weekend. Maybe a little gardening, but that's about it. And I'm thinking a game/movie night tomorrow night w/ the girls...

drummerboy
05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Decisions, decisions. I''ve been to the eye surgeons and now I have to decide what kind of lens I want implanted. Insurance will pay for the standard lens (which, aside from the cost differential, looks best to me right now) and the premium lenses are strictly out-of-pocket.

I'm going to do some research and figure it out so we can set a surgery date.

What's for supper tonight?

Jasper
05-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Decisions, decisions. I''ve been to the eye surgeons and now I have to decide what kind of lens I want implanted. Insurance will pay for the standard lens (which, aside from the cost differential, looks best to me right now) and the premium lenses are strictly out-of-pocket.

Standard Vs. Premium in an implanted lens? Did I miss something; was there a joke in there that I missed? I thought that when you had to have the lens in your eye replaced that there was only one option? Have you had this before? Is this a difficult surgery or are you back up and running quickly?

Sorry for all the questions but this is something I know basically nothing about and don't want to show my stupidity any more than is absolutely necessary!

Anyway, what all is up this afternoon? DW drug me into town to help at her store this afternoon so she could go mushroom hunting with some friends of ours. If any of you knew my wife you would realize how hysterical that last sentence is!

It took me 3 years of dating and 15 years of marriage before I finally got her to agree to go camping the first time!! And even then it took some deception on the part of some of our friends to get the job done! Now she likes it but only as long as we have the trailer with full hook ups!! I am convinced she is looking for the poison mushrooms so she can do me in! So if I don't come back to the boards after tonight make sure you all have a nice service for me.

You know, in all seriousness that last sentence does make me want to ask a rather delicate question. I know that several of you are either friends or relatives out in the real world but for those people who aren't attached, how would we ever know what happened if one of our "regulars" suddenly stopped posting? OK, we now return your thread to its regularly scheduled showing of "pussums in love" on the JQ television network!

MMouse6937
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
You know, in all seriousness that last sentence does make me want to ask a rather delicate question. I know that several of you are either friends or relatives out in the real world but for those people who aren't attached, how would we ever know what happened if one of our "regulars" suddenly stopped posting?

You know that's actually a good question, there has been a person or two on the boards that all of a sudden "dropped out" and I have wondered what happened to them.

Should we make a pact? Check in on a regular basis or we'll come looking for you!! :D

offwego
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Well as you know all to well Jasper Pogo finds you!

In reality I guess it would depend on if the person had said they would be missing or not. Just like a real life friend I guess. (so if Ken says he'll be offline for 3 weeks I'm not going to worry if we don't see him till a bit after that but if Carol ups and disappears again for more then a few days I'll be googling missing bellydancer in the GTA)

Also I'd look to see if there were any "tiffy" things that happened as many people can feel like a board has become the wrong place for them if a miscommunication or two happens. Did all that make sense?

Ken dinner is beef and sausage roasted pepper ragu over pasta. Dessert is some macroons. Need anything else?

Nascfan
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Also I'd look to see if there were any "tiffy" things that happened as many people can feel like a board has become the wrong place for them if a miscommunication or two happens. Did all that make sense?

Ken dinner is beef and sausage roasted pepper ragu over pasta. Dessert is some macroons.

Huh? ;)

Seriously, I may be "away" from JQU (being the visiting professor that I am), but I'd say if more than a week or so goes by that I don't post something, somewhere, on I'Cot, feel free to PM me. The notification that I have a private message goes right to our home email so someone there...here...will know and tell me.

Nat, can I come move in with you, at least for dinners? :D

disneydeb
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
My DD Amy has explicit instructions to contact my friends on Intercot and tell them if something is wrong with me. Does anyone else have an ememgency plan?

:mickey:

drummerboy
05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Standard Vs. Premium in an implanted lens? Did I miss something; was there a joke in there that I missed? I thought that when you had to have the lens in your eye replaced that there was only one option? Have you had this before? Is this a difficult surgery or are you back up and running quickly?

I know basically nothing about and don't want to show my stupidity any more than is absolutely necessary!

Why do you want to be different than the rest of us? :D

The srugery only takes about 15 minutes, although the entire thing takes about two to three hours by the time they do the eyedrops, pain killer, and post-op. It's also outpatient. The standard lens just gives you one focal distance and the premiums give you multiple distances (but they're fairly recent and I wonder how they'll hold up). Sigh, it's rough getting old (right Pogo?).

Tink&Goofy
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Just working.... :( I'll try to check in, though, seeing as Pogo was missing the night crew... :)

Pop in and visit if you can - hope you are not on the 'puter taboo floor! :D

You know, in all seriousness that last sentence does make me want to ask a rather delicate question. I know that several of you are either friends or relatives out in the real world but for those people who aren't attached, how would we ever know what happened if one of our "regulars" suddenly stopped posting? OK, we now return your thread to its regularly scheduled showing of "pussums in love" on the JQ television network!

Should we make a pact? Check in on a regular basis or we'll come looking for you!! :D
Jasper - you of all people should know that we have the best quality investigators here at JQU - don't you remember how we (as in pogo and Ken) tracked you down when you went AWOL? I would hope that between all of us, SOMEONE would have a phone number, email, address, something! But I'm pretty good at tracking people down.. :blush:

Well I struggled through the day. I have to admit, even feeling as bad as I did yesterday, it was still a whole lot more fun to stay at home! :blush: Why does life have to get so darn busy?

Caroleh
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
In reality I guess it would depend on if the person had said they would be missing or not. Just like a real life friend I guess. (so if Ken says he'll be offline for 3 weeks I'm not going to worry if we don't see him till a bit after that but if Carol ups and disappears again for more then a few days I'll be googling missing bellydancer in the GTA)

Thanks, Natalie!!! Hey it was really interesting at class tonight. My teacher was asking me for help remembering our dance!!! That's never happened before. She was telling me how much I have improved!!!

Gilles said he'd probably call Pogo and tell him. BTW, where is he at?

I'm off work tomorrow, so I have to make a quilt block for another manager(my supervisor asked me if I could do it) and I have to go teach my bellydance teacher how to work her serger. I work all day Saturday and then on Sunday it's recital practice. Does that sound busy enough?

pogo
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM

I'm going to do some research and figure it out so we can set a surgery date.

If they are your eyes, the standard lens are OK. If they were for MY eyes, it's premium all the way baby ! Know what I mean ???? :D

Should we make a pact? Check in on a regular basis or we'll come looking for you!!
That's an unwritten rule for me. And.... I know how to find you Sarah !

Well as you know all to well Jasper Pogo finds you!

I'll find everyone of you if I have to !

Seriously, I may be "away" from JQU (being the visiting professor that I am), but I'd say if more than a week or so goes by that I don't post something, somewhere, on I'Cot, feel free to PM me. The notification that I have a private message goes right to our home email so someone there...here...will know and tell me.
Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

My DD Amy has explicit instructions to contact my friends on Intercot and tell them if something is wrong with me. Does anyone else have an ememgency plan?
Yep...... most of you have my cell phone number, home telephone and address.

The srugery only takes about 15 minutes, although the entire thing takes about two to three hours by the time they do the eyedrops, pain killer, and post-op. It's also outpatient. The standard lens just gives you one focal distance and the premiums give you multiple distances (but they're fairly recent and I wonder how they'll hold up). Sigh, it's rough getting old (right Pogo?).
So if the srugery only takes 15 minutes, how long will the surgery take ???? :D

I'm glad I'm not as old as you ! Some day. :blush:

Jasper - you of all people should know that we have the best quality investigators here at JQU - don't you remember how we (as in pogo and Ken) tracked you down when you went AWOL? I would hope that between all of us, SOMEONE would have a phone number, email, address, something! But I'm pretty good at tracking people down..

Well I struggled through the day. I have to admit, even feeling as bad as I did yesterday, it was still a whole lot more fun to stay at home! Why does life have to get so darn busy?
Speaking of contact numbers..... I don't have any for you. Why not ???? Send me a PM with your Verizon cell phone number, please.

Just for the record...... Blythe also tracked Jasper down as well. Right Blythe ??? :hug:

Thanks, Natalie!!! Hey it was really interesting at class tonight. My teacher was asking me for help remembering our dance!!! That's never happened before. She was telling me how much I have improved!!!

Gilles said he'd probably call Pogo and tell him. BTW, where is he at?

:hi: I'm here. Busy day today...... and tomorrow to ! :D

offwego
05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Scott your welcome for dinner, and I get that alot.One of the guys I worked with (who did most of the cooking at his place) was always interested in what we had but more so at holidays and if we had company coming.

I had to write out my holiday menus for him every time! (And yes I did bring him stuff but mostly baked goods as he had a very active sweet tooth)

I got my hair cut today, and I'm really happy with it. DS wants me to go blond next time though. (I think just for highlights though) Anyone else change colours often?

drummerboy
05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Anyone else change colours often?
Last time is when I changed it from dark brown to white. :old:

Pogo, you've never had srugery before? Much better than surgery--they don't need to cut, they do it all by osmosis. :D

MMouse6937
05-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I got my hair cut today, and I'm really happy with it. DS wants me to go blond next time though. (I think just for highlights though) Anyone else change colours often?
I'm actually going to get mine highlighted next weekend. Never thought I needed it, but she talked me into it (sucker, right?)

That's an unwritten rule for me. And.... I know how to find you Sarah !

Yep, you sure do!!!

Pogo, you've never had srugery before? Much better than surgery--they don't need to cut, they do it all by osmosis. :D

:rotfl:

Btw, where's Rhonda? She never said if she liked my sugar cookies shaped like possums. :(

Well again, night all...off to watch the Red Wings!! Time for the :vacuum: OK again, not such a broom...but you get the idea!!

TinaT
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi all. I am the one who posted the question and made JQU famous. I have had a great time over the last few days reading these posts and getting to know everyone a little. Thanks for the entertainment. :thumbsup:

Can I get an application for JQU?

Tink&Goofy
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Speaking of contact numbers..... I don't have any for you. Why not ???? Send me a PM with your Verizon cell phone number, please.

Just for the record...... Blythe also tracked Jasper down as well. Right Blythe ??? :hug:

:call: Look for a PM.
Yes, I know Blythe is quite the investigator! ;)

My sister used to change colors all the time. Just when I would get used to her as a blond, she would change to red, etc. I don't change mine - I just add highlights. Course who knows what my natural color is anymore.. :blush:

I never posted it - but weekend before last my DH was in a bowling tourney locally. He took first in singles, first in doubles, first in team, and first in all events!!! :bowl: I think he really wanted a plaque to prove his accomplishments, but they were paying from a prize fund. He got a check today for $910!! Wow!! Thats money pulled out of thin air! So I think he will be getting his laptop soon!
He's now making comments about December - and how much fun it would be. :plot: My plan is working! I told him is he could figure out an arrangement for the kids, I'll take care of the rest. (The oldest will be 17 by then :faint:, but no way I'm leaving her in charge if we are 3000+ miles away!). Anyway.....like I said, I just plant the seed and see what grows! :D

Tink&Goofy
05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi all. I am the one who posted the question and made JQU famous. I have had a great time over the last few days reading these posts and getting to know everyone a little. Thanks for the entertainment. :thumbsup:

Absolutely!! Welcome! I'm pretty sure the guys filled you in on the rules. Ya gotta bring cookies, and ya gotta ask questions!! If you don't have cookies, chocolate will do just fine. :D But watch out for those that may try to pull you over to the dark side (like pogo, Alex, and Ken to name a few). Just stick with us gals, and you will do fine! :D

So what position to you want in JQU?

drummerboy
05-01-2008, 11:09 PM
But watch out for those that may try to pull you over to the dark side (like pogo, Alex, and Ken to name a few). Just stick with us gals, and you will do fine! :D
HEY! Just what do you mean by that remark?? (Excuse me a second, I have to twist a few dials on m chestplate so I can breathe better. :darth:) OK, now explain yourself, young lady. (Oop, hold on, got to adjust the helmet.) Anyway, it appears that you don't really understand the power of the dark side, young Jedi.

Welcome to JQ, the home of mass pandemonium, TinaT. I like chocolate chip tollhouse the best by the way.

Caroleh
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Welcome to JQU, Tina!!

As T & G said, just bring cookies and ask questions, oh, yeah, don't forget that it is a must to pick on Pogo, Alex, and Ken. Also make sure you mention possums to Jym and you'll do fine. :D

Do you think if we forget to ask a question Rhonda will show up with her :nono:?

Beast_fanatic
05-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Btw, where's Rhonda? She never said if she liked my sugar cookies shaped like possums.

I'm here! :hi: Of course I liked the cookies (although I was wondering what the shape was ;)).

Welcome to our little game. :thumbsup:

Do you want to be a student or faculty?

Do you think if we forget to ask a question Rhonda will show up with her :nono:?

You know that I will. :spy: And, no, I'm not trying to impersonate Frankie in that outfit.

MMouse6937
05-02-2008, 12:34 AM

Welcome Tina!! Miss Styles and I will take care of your baking needs, but feel free to bring something you like to share. There are some coffee drinkers here, I'm more of a moutain dew kinda girl.

Just make sure to ask you're ??? or Rhonda breaks out with the :nono:

Be careful of Pogo, he's a hugger :hug:

Confused yet? You'll catch on quick! :D

trackbarroness
05-02-2008, 04:42 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on, as well as the water for tea. Soda, juices and well any beverage that is your beverage of choice first thing in the am. So where are these cookies or did Alex eat them all? :D
Today is a bit of a late start for me since I start at 7:45, instead of my usual 6.
Have a magical day
T.T.F.N.

disneydeb
05-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Mornin'all as ususal I am the second to sign in.
Pogo, I thought you had my cell #? Do I need to send it you again?

Tina, You are welcomed into JQU!

1, Bring cookies just to keep the big guys happy.
2. Put a question in each post to keep Rhonda happy.
3. Laugh and cry along with us as we venture down the road of life, avoiding the possums and potholes as much as we can.:D

Did I say we are glad to have you and could you tell us more about yourself?

:mickey:deb

PS to repost and update:

MICHELLE

`````````have a great day everyone```````````

alpro2
05-02-2008, 07:11 AM
So where are these cookies or did Alex eat them all?

Now that's a silly question, isn't it? :D

Hope you all have a great Friday. Welcome to all the "newbies", and "Hey" to all the oldies, and "hang in there" to all the relics (Ken, Pogo). :D

pogo
05-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Highlights are for older women to cover the grey and you're too young ! I think you'd look good in any color ! How about possum silver and black for the "JQ" meet in December ???

Pogo, you've never had srugery before? Much better than surgery--they don't need to cut, they do it all by osmosis.
Never had srugery before. :D

I'm actually going to get mine highlighted next weekend. Never thought I needed it, but she talked me into it (sucker, right?)

And you are younger than Natalie.

Hi all. I am the one who posted the question and made JQU famous. I have had a great time over the last few days reading these posts and getting to know everyone a little. Thanks for the entertainment.

:welcome: to JQU !

But we have a problem with your membership at this time. Grego, Dean of Admissions, is away at DL and he'll have to do the approval when he returns. You may have a temporary membership until he returns.

:plot:Of course, either Drummerboy, Alex or myself can approve it right away if you pledge allegiance to our side...... what do you say ????? :D

I never posted it - but weekend before last my DH was in a bowling tourney locally. He took first in singles, first in doubles, first in team, and first in all events!!! I think he really wanted a plaque to prove his accomplishments, but they were paying from a prize fund. He got a check today for $910!! Wow!! Thats money pulled out of thin air! So I think he will be getting his laptop soon!
Hmmmmm.... I wonder.... is it TAXABLE earnings ????? :D

You know that I will. :spy: And, no, I'm not trying to impersonate Frankie in that outfit.
I thought it was Frankie ????

Hope you all have a great Friday. Welcome to all the "newbies", and "Hey" to all the oldies, and "hang in there" to all the relics (Ken, Pogo).
Hey..... if it isn't Tube Top Boy ! Where you been stranger ??? :D

Caroleh
05-02-2008, 07:43 AM
1. :plot:Of course, either Drummerboy, Alex or myself can approve it right away if you pledge allegiance to our side...... what do you say ????? :D

2. Hey..... if it isn't Tube Top Boy ! Where you been stranger ??? :D

1. Don't go to the Dark Side whatever you do. You'll never be the same, right, Alex?

2. Do you have your tube top ready, Pogo? I want to see you and Alex in your matching tube tops on the golf course.:D

TinaT
05-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Did I say we are glad to have you and could you tell us more about yourself?

I have been married for 10 years, I have a DS who is 19. Until a month ago I was the manager of a bingo hall. I am currently unemployed :sad: until our new business gets the permits to open. The new business will be a family entertainment center. :party: Anyone have kids 12 and under?

Welcome to our little game. :thumbsup:

Do you want to be a student or faculty?

Since I am currently unemployed I will take anything. What's available?

Welcome Tina!! Miss Styles and I will take care of your baking needs, but feel free to bring something you like to share. There are some coffee drinkers here, I'm more of a moutain dew kinda girl.

The new family entertainment center will be serving a lot of pizza, so if you two take care of the cookies I could supply the pizzas :pizza:for the group. What kind of pizza does everyone like?

TinaT
05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
:welcome: to JQU !

But we have a problem with your membership at this time. Grego, Dean of Admissions, is away at DL and he'll have to do the approval when he returns. You may have a temporary membership until he returns.

:plot:Of course, either Drummerboy, Alex or myself can approve it right away if you pledge allegiance to our side...... what do you say ????? :D

1. Don't go to the Dark Side whatever you do. You'll never be the same, right, Alex?

I think I will just have to take the temporary membership for the time being. I won't go over to the dark side. :thumbsup: When will Grego get back?

MMouse6937
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Morning all!! Thank goodness it's Friday, and my Wings won last night!!

Could it be any better?

Tomorrow is a big huge adoptathon for the animal group I volunteer for. So how many people have animals here? From my signature you can see I have seven, four cats and three dogs. This place is a zoo!! (JQU and my house :D )

Have a great day!! I'll check in later and see if I can find any cookies around here! Take care

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Excuse me a second, I have to twist a few dials on m chestplate so I can breathe better. :darth:) I'm thinking you are a little more Dark Helmet than you are Darth Vader. ;)

Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on, as well as the water for tea. You always look after us so well Sandy. I need a jumbo joe today....

Hope you all have a great Friday. Welcome to all the "newbies", and "Hey" to all the oldies, and "hang in there" to all the relics (Ken, Pogo). :hi: Alex! Hang in there! :funny:

The new business will be a family entertainment center. :party: Anyone have kids 12 and under?That sound terrific Tina! There's one near us that has bowling, go carting, bumper cars and other things at it..... My kids LOVE IT! ... and I have two kids under 12 -- Harry is almost 10 and Euan is 4. Welcome to JQ! WHat kind of cookies did you bring?

I have animals.... and would love to have more except for these stupid town by-laws! I have two :dog: :dog: and a :lizard: . We've had just about everything though... dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, fish, lizards, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, hedgehogs and turtles ... No snakes though. Never snakes.

MissStyles
05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Aloha kiddies :wave:.................I'm liking all these posts we have in here lately...makes up for the dead air from the last few weeks. Welcome Tina - looks like you're catching on quite well. Do you think you can keep up? Greg, our Dean of Admissions will be back early next week from DL. As Sarah said we will take care of the cookies here in the bakery.......pizza works for me, with lots of vegetables. Do you supply NY thin crust of Chicago deep dish?

PS to repost and update:

MICHELLE

`````````have a great day everyone```````````

How come our real names keep getting taken out??? :( Is everyone really going to be calling us Miss and Mama??? I'll try one more time....

MICHELLE
EMILY & MARCIE & MOLLY (December 12-14)

offwego
05-02-2008, 08:41 AM
If Ken is Dark Helmet does that leave Pogo or Alex as Yogurt??

Pogo your sweet, but the highlights are more of a fashion deal then a grey coverage deal. (it's just two chunky ones of a colour that's called of all things shocking violet but it's not quite that shocking with an overall dark red)

Welcome Tina, I have a 12 year old (13 in July now how on earth did that happen?). Good luck with your new business venture. I'm a veggie pizza person in case you need to know...

So Alex are you thinking of coming in December just to show off the tube tops?

Dh has been trying to talk me into the golf thing but since we would have to rent clubs too I just don't feel it. (DS & Dh are both lefties as well which often is tricker)

Sarah we have one doggie..a black lab named Disney (surprise huh?).

Rhonda is Frankie still needing pixie dust? Just in case he does..:pixie: if not he can just have a rootbeer from the new A & W that just opened here.

pogo
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Do you have your tube top ready, Pogo? I want to see you and Alex in your matching tube tops on the golf course.
Glad to have the old Caroleh back..... I think.
But you have a short memory.... pogo does not, has not and will never do tube tops !

Think you can remember that ?????? :blush:

I think I will just have to take the temporary membership for the time being. I won't go over to the dark side.
Some how I knew you were going to be trouble ! ;)

I have animals.... and would love to have more except for these stupid town by-laws! We've had just about everything though... dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, fish, lizards, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, hedgehogs and turtles ... No snakes though. Never snakes.
How about possums ????? Ever had possums.... if so, keep then from Natazu ! :D

How come our real names keep getting taken out??? :( Is everyone really going to be calling us Miss and Mama??? I'll try one more time....

MICHELLE
I don't know, Miss Styles.... it's a real mystery ! :D

Pogo your sweet, but the highlights are more of a fashion deal then a grey coverage deal. (it's just two chunky ones of a colour that's called of all things shocking violet but it's not quite that shocking with an overall dark red)

Does that mean new piercings too ????? :D

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking you are a little more Dark Helmet than you are Darth Vader. ;)
Nah, I'm much taller than Rick Moranis. :D

Everybody ready for the weekend?

Nascfan
05-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Welcome to our crazy little corner of the universe Tina!

Ken, can we get a Drummerboy Discount application for Tina? I think the only requirements are asking at least one question in every post....and cookies. You do know about our new folks bringing cookies, don't you? :tasty:

P.S. My wife will LOVE your picture icon!

Tink&Goofy
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome to all the "newbies", and "Hey" to all the oldies, and "hang in there" to all the relics (Ken, Pogo).
:laughing: :funny:

Of course, either Drummerboy, Alex or myself can approve it right away if you pledge allegiance to our side...... what do you say ?????

Don't do it! There is no going back from the dark side!! ;)

Hmmmmm.... I wonder.... is it TAXABLE earnings ?????

What do you think? :D

The new family entertainment center will be serving a lot of pizza, so if you two take care of the cookies I could supply the pizzas for the group. What kind of pizza does everyone like?
I like you already! Veggie pizza please! :D

I think I will just have to take the temporary membership for the time being. I won't go over to the dark side. :thumbsup: When will Grego get back?
Smart girl! Besides, they already have Alex, and ...well... :D

Does that mean new piercings too ?????
Highlights, yes. Piercings - no.

So its not a good sign when I post this early. Yep, I'm home again - trying to post between coughing fits. I'd like to say having a 3 day weekend is nice, but this time I think I'd rather work. Don't worry I sprayed Lysol on the keyboard, and will keep my germs to myself. :D I'll check in a little later. Have a good day everyone!

Nascfan
05-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Morning all!! Thank goodness it's Friday, and my Wings won last night!!

Could it be any better?

I missed that, posted before I read. Way to go Wings! Is that a sweep of the series? How close are they to the finals now?

Oh, and in case anyone is counting down with me, 6 weeks/42 days! It's getting closer! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Caroleh
05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
So how many people have animals here?

I have a cat, Mittens, who, is as I type, laying on my hip, sleeping and purring away.

Glad to have the old Caroleh back..... I think.
But you have a short memory.... pogo does not, has not and will never do tube tops !

Think you can remember that ?????? :blush:

Huh? Remember what? Who's Pogo? Oh, I'm getting forgetful in my old age. :D

My creativity is back in full force. I had to do a quilt block for another store to put in the quilt we're giving to the president of our company, and I designed it and I have gotten already sewn this morning. Now if I can figure out a way to sleep past 6 am would be good. I've been up at 6 the last 3 mornings and 2 of those 3 I could of slept in a lot later.:(

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Oh, and in case anyone is counting down with me, 6 weeks/42 days! It's getting closer! :thumbsup: :mickey:
Well make up your mind. Is it six weeks or is it 42 days? :goof:

Right now we have one pet, a big lug of a Great Dane. She is spoiled beyond belief, and very insistent on being patted and having her ears rubbed. (Or am I thinking of DW?)

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Right now we have one pet, a big lug of a Great Dane. She is spoiled beyond belief, and very insistent on being patted and having her ears rubbed. (Or am I thinking of DW?)
That's how our Seamus was. He was a 90 lb greyhound that we rescued. He liked nothing better than having his neck rubbed and his ears twiddled. He had to be put down suddenly when bone cancer was discovered, and I was able to rub and twiddle for him as he passed on. .... Not trying to make anyone sad.... it is a very nice memory for me. He just loved getting a pat .... and he was convinced he was a toy poodle! He took up the whole bed -- DH and I had to go out and get a King sized!

I was wondering ... since our :lizard: always has his dinner wandering about his cage with him .... would the crickets be considered pets, or would that require that we name them? Ken ... what does the rule stipulate?

MMouse6937
05-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I missed that, posted before I read. Way to go Wings! Is that a sweep of the series? How close are they to the finals now?

Yep, that was the sweep!! Now we wait for either Dallas or San Jose. I'm sure it will probably be Dallas.

That's how our Seamus was. He was a 90 lb greyhound that we rescued. He liked nothing better than having his neck rubbed and his ears twiddled. He had to be put down suddenly when bone cancer was discovered, and I was able to rub and twiddle for him as he passed on. .... Not trying to make anyone sad.... it is a very nice memory for me. He just loved getting a pat .... and he was convinced he was a toy poodle! He took up the whole bed -- DH and I had to go out and get a King sized!

That's very sweet :) I must be a real mutant since I have seven animals. Everyone sounds like they have one or so. I'd have 20 if the city would let me, I love them all. They were all abused or abandoned in some way and they have all found a little piece of heaven in our house. Wouldn't have it any other way! :puppy:

How come I'm not on the JQ meet list? Not welcome? :( I'll be at POP 10-15

Jasper
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info! They were talking about this for my MiL several years back but she ended up choosing not to have it done because she felt she didn't have long to live. And unfortunately she was right.

:offtopic::offtopic:Did I ever tell you all that I had the most wonderful in laws anyone could ever have? I know that the whole "evil mother in law" is a staple of comedy routines but I could never make those jokes.

To give you an idea of how great my in laws were, for the almost three years that my wife and I dated I ate almost every supper at their house and on Mondays I dropped my laundry off at their house on my way to work and it was clean, ironed and ready to go when I got there for supper after work! And whenever I tried to protest that they were doing to much for me my mother in law would get offended and tell me that she loved doing those things for me. Of course, you have to realize that my wife was the second youngest of ten kids and the only one still living at home at that time so my MiL was used to cooking and cleaning for the masses and genuinely enjoyed taking care of her "family" including in-laws.

The only problem is that her attitude did not rub off on her daughter. I have made up for that three years of free meals and laundry many times over since we have been married!

Sorry for the long, off topic speech but today is the five year anniversary of my MiL passing away so she has really been on my mind a lot today. It was really nice though the regular Friday morning mass at church was dedicated to her and then DW and DS and I went to the cemetery and put flowers on her grave. Fortunately the rain held off until just as we were leaving the cemetery!

Jasper - you of all people should know that we have the best quality investigators here at JQU - don't you remember how we (as in pogo and Ken) tracked you down when you went AWOL? I would hope that between all of us, SOMEONE would have a phone number, email, address, something! But I'm pretty good at tracking people down.. :blush:

Yes, you all really are good at tracking folks down. And if I forgot to say it at the time it really did make me feel good that all of you would go to the trouble to figure out how to get hold of me to check up and see how I was doing. THANK YOU!!!

they don't need to cut, they do it all by osmosis. :D

I remember osmosis! Osmosis is how I got through high school and college. I would lay the book on my desk then lay my head on top of the book and proceed to fall asleep! Then by osmosis all the stuff in the book would end up in my head! Well, maybe not IN my head but depending on the quality of the printing it would often end up ON my head.:D

So Alex are you thinking of coming in December just to show off the tube tops?

a rootbeer from the new A & W that just opened here.

So are you going to post pictures of all those who are brave enough to wear their tube tops?

Can you send me a few gallons of that A & W root beer? We used to have an A & W that had been here for more than fifty years and they suddenly went out of business. I know we can get it in plastic bottles but it is just not the same as the fountain version!

That's how our Seamus was. He was a 90 lb greyhound that we rescued. He liked nothing better than having his neck rubbed and his ears twiddled. He had to be put down suddenly when bone cancer was discovered, and I was able to rub and twiddle for him as he passed on. ...

That is so great that you were able to give him what he loved as he moved on!! Way to often with our pets they either have something happen to them and we find them gone or the vet won't let you be present when the time comes. You obviously have a very compassionate veterinarian if they allowed you in the room like that!

By the way, if I suddenly disappear for a while today we are having severe storms and the power has already flickered on and off two or three times as I tried to type this. I don't think it is anything life threatening or anything like that but it could interrupt power for a while.

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I was wondering ... since our :lizard: always has his dinner wandering about his cage with him .... would the crickets be considered pets, or would that require that we name them? Ken ... what does the rule stipulate?
According to the DDPNG (Drummerboy Discount Pet Naming Guide), Part three, section A(2)(c)(iii), crickets only need be named if they are adorned in a tophat and carrying an umbrella.

Any other pet question? I have several DDP (Drummerboy Discount Press) references to draw on.

Jasper
05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
According to the DDPNG (Drummerboy Discount Pet Naming Guide), Part three, section A(2)(c)(iii), crickets only need be named if they are adorned in a tophat and carrying an umbrella.

Any other pet question? I have several DDP (Drummerboy Discount Press) references to draw on.

So what about the rabbits we raise?

This reminds me of what we always tell people when they ask if we name our rabbits. Our response is; do you name your food before you eat it? That always gets peoples attention!

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
According to the DDPNG (Drummerboy Discount Pet Naming Guide), Part three, section A(2)(c)(iii), crickets only need be named if they are adorned in a tophat and carrying an umbrella.:funny: :bug:

This reminds me of what we always tell people when they ask if we name our rabbits. Our response is; do you name your food before you eat it? That always gets peoples attention!I always say "What would Sweeny Todd have done?"

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 01:50 PM
So what about the rabbits we raise?
You only need to name them if they're 'wascally'.

What's the weekend plans? I know what a certain person from NYC and her son's plans are and I'm jealous.

Jasper
05-02-2008, 02:53 PM
You only need to name them if they're 'wascally'.

What's the weekend plans? I know what a certain person from NYC and her son's plans are and I'm jealous.

Well I guess I do have to name one of the rabbits at my wife's store then!!

As for weekend plans, the first thing I plan on doing is to see my cardiologist and have him restart my heart! Have any of you ever had a transformer blow up right outside your building? A little more than an hour ago I was standing by the front door of DW store talking to someone who didn't want to run out in the rain to leave when all of a sudden the transformer about 50 ft. from the front of the store suddenly exploded! According to the utility guys who came to replace it they recorded a lightening hit about a block away by the City Hall just a second or two before the transformer blew so they think the lighting traveled that distance down the lines and took out the transformer.

I have seen this once before but it was a few blocks away so the impact was not as strong. And as any of you who have seen one go you know that the actual damage is usually minimal and generally contained to the transformer itself which is what happened in this case. But let me tell you that the boom and the shower of sparks is enough to scare the bejeebers out of anyone! If you can imagine standing next to a Civil War era cannon when it goes off that is the sound it makes and it produces about that much smoke along with the fireworks show!!

We are just fortunate that we have a pretty good utility crew here in town so they got after it and had it replaced quickly. So other than that we don't have any real plans. I am still so very tired because of the lack of thyroid medication in my body that I really don't have the energy to do much of anything. The good thing is that we start the process of doing the scans and taking the radiation on Monday so in another week or so I should be starting to get some thyroid medication into my system.

Tink&Goofy
05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Can you send me a few gallons of that A & W root beer? We used to have an A & W that had been here for more than fifty years and they suddenly went out of business. I know we can get it in plastic bottles but it is just not the same as the fountain version!

We used to have an A&W Drive-in years ago (OK, I know I'm dating myself), and my BFF's mom would take us there all the time. On every trip to WDW now, we stop at Mrs. Potts cupboard in MK for a root beer float. My DH says its the best part. Sure brings back good memories!!

Pogo - I hope your meeting went well! I'm still working on December, so we shall see. If we can't make it work for DH and I, would it be wrong of me to go by myself?? :blush:

Sure hope Ellen and Ben are having fun with Mikki and Andrew! Our next family trip (next March), I hope to take in the Space Center and/or Seaworld. Lets see if that actually happens - if they are willing to break away from WDW for even one day! :D

TinaT
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Tomorrow is a big huge adoptathon for the animal group I volunteer for. So how many people have animals here? From my signature you can see I have seven, four cats and three dogs. This place is a zoo!! (JQU and my house :D )

I have 1 :dog:. I am beginning to believe you that this place (JQU) is a zoo.

That sound terrific Tina! There's one near us that has bowling, go carting, bumper cars and other things at it..... My kids LOVE IT! ... and I have two kids under 12 -- Harry is almost 10 and Euan is 4. Welcome to JQ! WHat kind of cookies did you bring?

Ours won't be quite that big. Just indoor activities. Video games, redemption games that you can win tickets to get prizes and an indoor softplay (climbing thing).

Welcome Tina - looks like you're catching on quite well. Do you think you can keep up? Greg, our Dean of Admissions will be back early next week from DL. As Sarah said we will take care of the cookies here in the bakery.......pizza works for me, with lots of vegetables. Do you supply NY thin crust of Chicago deep dish?

Pizza's :pizza: here. Sorry it's a bit past lunch time. Lots of veggie pizza and because I am sure that atleast some of the guys want more than veggies on theirs here are a few pepperoni, sausage and ham pizzas. Any other requests?

At this time I only have thin crust available but I will get some deep dish in. Would anyone prefer deep dish over thin crust?

Some how I knew you were going to be trouble ! ;)

I like to cause trouble for the dark side. Doesn't everyone? :cool:

So its not a good sign when I post this early. Yep, I'm home again - trying to post between coughing fits. I'd like to say having a 3 day weekend is nice, but this time I think I'd rather work. Don't worry I sprayed Lysol on the keyboard, and will keep my germs to myself. :D I'll check in a little later. Have a good day everyone!

Hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy some of the weekend. I will be working all weekend, I just got word that we will be opening the center next week, so alot to do to get ready for it, plus we have some private parties this weekend before we open.

What & when is the JQ meet? I am hoping to be at WDW in the beginning of December.

offwego
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM
The what and the when are still a little loose. We are trying for something on the saturday in the morning for Mary & likely something on the Friday evening.

Would Thursday Am suit anyone else? We do still have a long long way to go...

Jasper that's a sweet story. And you can't go offtopic here so no worries.

Anyone want to do housework for me? I'm so glad I'll be working again next week and can go back to saying..oh honey here is a cookie if you'll just vacum.

Jasper
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Tomorrow is a big huge adoptathon for the animal group I volunteer for. So how many people have animals here? From my signature you can see I have seven, four cats and three dogs. This place is a zoo!!

Our zoo has been hit hard lately. In the last six months or so we have lost our Jack Russell Terrier and our White Lab plus one of our cats. So that leaves us with one new mutt, one existing cat, four ducks and about 40 rabbits!

Caroleh
05-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm really sad I'll miss meeting everyone, but I know I'll need a vacation before Dec. Gilles is happier that we are going in Oct. instead of Dec. He wants to go to the F & W Festival and this way I can go to MNSSHP. He said last year was just a litle too much Christmas for him.

I have a question for all of you that went WDW last Oct. Are the parks all decorated for Halloween like they are for Christmas?

pogo
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow.... doesn't anybody else work ???????

Huh? Remember what? Who's Pogo? Oh, I'm getting forgetful in my old age.

My creativity is back in full force.
Who's pogo ????? :faint:

I'm glad your creativity is back.... as well as your signature !

Well make up your mind. Is it six weeks or is it 42 days?

Do you think it would be wrong for me to call Mary and tell her what you said or would you rather buy me a :marg: in December ???

That's how our Seamus was. He was a 90 lb greyhound that we rescued. He liked nothing better than having his neck rubbed and his ears twiddled. He had to be put down suddenly when bone cancer was discovered, and I was able to rub and twiddle for him as he passed on.

OK... now I know why you were rubbing my neck and twiddling my ears last November at our Niagara Falls meet. You were planning on putting me down too ??? :cry:

I must be a real mutant.

:funny:

Pogo - I hope your meeting went well! I'm still working on December, so we shall see. If we can't make it work for DH and I, would it be wrong of me to go by myself??
Went very well, I think. We won't know for sure until July, I'm afraid.

I'm hoping for a December :hug: from you, unless you are still sick.

Pizza's :pizza: here. Sorry it's a bit past lunch time. Lots of veggie pizza and because I am sure that atleast some of the guys want more than veggies on theirs here are a few pepperoni, sausage and ham pizzas. Any other requests?

At this time I only have thin crust available but I will get some deep dish in. Would anyone prefer deep dish over thin crust?

I like to cause trouble for the dark side. Doesn't everyone?

What & when is the JQ meet? I am hoping to be at WDW in the beginning of December.
If you're joining the right side, the meet is in the last weekend of December. If you are joining us it's December 13th and 14th.

The what is still up in the air, but I'm thinking about hosting an invitation only party on Friday night that might include some form of alcohol. What do you think ???

I'm really sad I'll miss meeting everyone, but I know I'll need a vacation before Dec. Gilles is happier that we are going in Oct. instead of Dec. He wants to go to the F & W Festival and this way I can go to MNSSHP. He said last year was just a litle too much Christmas for him.
Wow... did you marry the Grinch ????? :D

Caroleh
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow.... doesn't anybody else work ???????

Wow... did you marry the Grinch ????? :D

It was some people's day off, since she has to work tomorrow...is that okay?

Didn't you know that? We don't have very many Christmas decorations around here. In fact, everything I have fits into a small box and that included our small fake tree. (that's both the Hanukkah and Christmas stuff). He's a big party ******. I'm trying to get him to dress up for MNSSHP and he refuses to. He does do some stuff because I want to. I think he'd be happy staying at the resort everyday and just heading out to get food.

disneydeb
05-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Jasper, I thought I was the only one learning by osmosis during high school.:)

I wanna see EVERYONE in December. By the way , I have a feeling the proposal may be on the ninth because they will mark their (I think )7th year of knowing each other date at that time.

Who wants French dip sandwiches and spinach salad for dinner?

TinaT
05-02-2008, 06:36 PM
It doesn't look like I will be able to make the JQ meet anyway. If I do make it to WDW in Dec., we will leave by the 11th at the latest. How awful is that? :sad::cry:

It would have been nice to meet some of you, maybe even some of you from the dark side.

disneydeb
05-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Tina,
We hope to arrive before then and Mikki and Andrew will be there so will Rhonda and Robert. There will be some to say Hi to before you go. I would love to meet you !

Can we discuss when and where to meet closer to time to go? :mickey:

Natazu
05-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Jym's Top-7 Best Drummerboy's Discount Services:
7. Drummerboy's Discount Banker Babe Referral Service
6. Drummerboy's Discount Battery-operated Heaters
5. Drummerboy's Discount Disciplinary Services
4. Drummerboy's Discount Demoreno-Renos
3. Drummerboy's Discount Pet Naming Guide
2. Drummerboy's Discount :gangster: Services
1. Drummerboy's Discount New Word Service (and the advent of Zoop)

I have 1 :dog:. I am beginning to believe you that this place (JQU) is a zoo.
Náhtâzú!

The what and the when are still a little loose. We are trying for something on the saturday in the morning for Mary & likely something on the Friday evening.
Do you think there's a Drummerboy's Discount service for whatever of yours is still a little loose?

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best Drummerboy's Discount Services:
7. Drummerboy's Discount Banker Babe Referral Service
6. Drummerboy's Discount Battery-operated Heaters
5. Drummerboy's Discount Disciplinary Services
4. Drummerboy's Discount Demoreno-Renos
3. Drummerboy's Discount Pet Naming Guide
2. Drummerboy's Discount :gangster: Services
1. Drummerboy's Discount New Word Service (and the advent of Zoop)

Náhtâzú!

Do you think there's a Drummerboy's Discount service for whatever of yours is still a little loose?
May I present my card (http://community.webshots.com/album/563286237sHJNra) ?

MMouse6937
05-02-2008, 11:28 PM
It doesn't look like I will be able to make the JQ meet anyway. If I do make it to WDW in Dec., we will leave by the 11th at the latest. How awful is that? :sad::cry:

It would have been nice to meet some of you, maybe even some of you from the dark side.
I will be arriving on the 10th, it would sure be nice to meet you maybe right before you leave.

Tina,
Can we discuss when and where to meet closer to time to go? :mickey:
Sounds like a plan, just make sure to mark me down!! :D

Náhtâzú!

:rotfl: But my house is a zoo, I promise!!

Did anyone have any fun this Friday night? DH and I just got back from dinner, we try to go once a week when someone gets paid.

I'm off to the Adoptathon tomorrow, wish me luck, lots of puppies to find homes!! :puppy: