PDA

View Full Version : As the Disney World Turns... Day 3-- AK, DHS and a Big Surprise!

MsMin
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Cast: great friends including those left behind.

It’s now Sunday and we finally get to see the parks. We have to check out of the DTD Hilton and head to the ASMusic. We are such pros we don’t even need a map :car:. We are up and out fairly quickly. The car is now full of WDW shopping bags :shopping: and we have just begun. We get to the ASMusic and our room is READY… :fworks: yes -- this is exciting. Everything is falling into place. Angel hands me the folder and the keys as she heads to the valet area to pick up her scooter. Sherrie and I (the Cinderellas of the trip) head out to drive, park the car, unpack the car etc. We drive around toward the room in Broadway and Sherrie turns to me… you have the keys -- ummm no do you???
We locate the room but hesitate to unpack.. what if someone’s luggage is in there? It’s happened before… So we are off to find Angel… We find Angel… guess where?? She is parked by the car… why is she there??? She has the room keys…. We finally meet up and unpack and move the car. I’m screaming let’s go let’s go and we head out to the bus stop. ZIP … Angel pops that scooter on the bus like a pro and we are finally off to AK.
I notice the CM is wearing a BD button and I tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY and she says thanks but it’s really tomorrow…. MINE TOO I say… and she tells me to go get a birthday button. I tell her that I plan to tomorrow and she says NO you need to celebrate the whole time you are here. So I head off to get the button and Angel (the true planner) says “what are you doing”? I have your button right here! Still don’t know how she got the button before we got there. What do we head for? PHOTOPASS…. This is going to be a great trip. Angel starts grabbing cast members and asking them to sing to me. I didn’t know so many cast members could carry a tune… everyone was great except Bret… he was a little flat…. :thedolls:
WE head straight to see ITTBAB…. My kids haven’t let me stop by there in the past 2 trips and SHERRIE has never been. We zip in and see the show and it’s raining when we come out but Sherrie is prepared and pulls out the ponchos… then we head straight to EE (anyone see anything relaxing here? More like commando to me). We have a great ride and get a great picture. The guy at the photo counter gives us a front of the line pass for the Safari ride so off we go (commando again!). We had a great Safari tour with a great driver and saw lots of animals. We decide we have seen everything we wanted to see and start to head out for our lunch ADR @ SCI-FI in DHS. BUT WAIT… we have to shop first…. I find a great little veterinarian kit for my dd (the one who just got into vet school). Then of course Angel HAS to spend more….
And we head to DHS… Transportation was quick and easy—we had a great driver..
We make to DHS with only minutes to make it for our 2:50 ADR at SCI-FI. We make it on time and are decide to take the first available seating and are seated within minutes.
We are seated in a car and have a great waitress. We got an order of onion rings for an appetizer and Sherrie and I ordered burgers and Angel picked the pasta. We had fun taking pics of us, the food and the neighbors (there were newly weds seated right behind us). The waitress brings me a Birthday surprise.. and ice cream with Mickey sprinkles which I try to share b/c lunch was so so filling… We finish lunch and time just flies because we notice we have to run back to the ASMusic to meet Terri(TEAY) for she charged Angel’s cell phone and Jeanne (piglet822) is meeting us because she can’t meet us for dinner on my bd 
We head back to the room and Angel makes her magical drinks and Terri arrives and we practice the :trio: dance for Jeanne’s arrival… Terri brings me a birthday present :hug: a special pin from the EE preview and Angel is so jealous :fresh: Jeanne arrives for the performance and wants to go to the Food Court :confused: It’s a surprise party for ME… Jeanne brings the best cake and Mickey bars and party supplies and Angel gets the ENTIRE food court to sing Happy Birthday to me :blush: The food court is filled with HS kids so it got very loud, even the CM’s joined in. I felt very special and that I’m lucky to have such great friends…
We had a lot of fun playing around in the food court despite the rain coming down by buckets I don’t think any of us cared. After a day of commando it was time to skip the rest and Sherrie goes back to the room while Angel and I shop at the resort.
A wonderful day from start to finish, filled with tons of Disney magic and great friends.

daparish
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
What a great day!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures. I am really sorry about the rain but it does not sound like it slowed you down.

SgtTigger
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Flat

Flat?????

FLAT??????????

Oh ha ha ha....... :fresh:

SO you are getting your way.... cammando....

Ok sherrie did not check to see if she had the keys huh...... :funny:

Rain drops are falling on my head.......... :rain:

while you were having a party i sat home and did this..... :party2: just me and Koda......

ok where are the rest of the days??????

:cop: :tigger:

wdwgrl377
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a great day you had there! Can't wait to read more and see some pics! :mickey:

murphy1
04-14-2008, 02:34 PM
What a great time you guys had!!!! What a fun group you are, too! Bret behaved around here for the most part, but ya know;)

offwego
04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a fantastic day!! I'm so glad your having so much fun.

KineGirl
04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Awesome! Nothing better than good friends and good food and a birthday in WDW!!! Enjoy the parks and your friends :grouphug:

:wishes:

pdrlkr
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
another great day..besides the buckets of rain..
yay a surprise party in the food court...so fun!!
:mickey:

KylesMom
04-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Goodness, and this was supposed to be a relaxing trip? :D What a great day, followed by wonderful surprises brought by great friends. And the "official" day isn't until tomorrow - I can't wait to read more!

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Wow, what a day and it wasn't even your birthday yet:mickey: Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a great day! Thanks for sharing :)

faline
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't think there could be a nicer, more fun birthday party! :party:

Terrific day!

Teay
04-18-2008, 01:37 AM
WHAT?!?
You didn't mention the little baby girl who got the extra Mickey ice cream bar?
I'll bet her mom is STILL cleaning up the mess! :D
A great party with fun friends in Disney World.
Does it get any better?
I don't think so!! :cloud9:

MsMin
04-18-2008, 10:36 AM
WHAT?!?
You didn't mention the little baby girl who got the extra Mickey ice cream bar?
I'll bet her mom is STILL cleaning up the mess! :D
A great party with fun friends in Disney World.
Does it get any better?
I don't think so!! :cloud9:

Angel has those pics... She was a cutie huh, I bet the mom is still getting chocolate out of the stroller:blush:

cal5755
04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
That is AWESOME!! Loved reading about your special birthday surprise party!! Amazingly magical!!