PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Help

Robert Philip
04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey ya'll! First, I used to be a member of these boards a few years ago, but I spent most of my time over on the west side. Now I'm back, and am in need of some suggestions.

I was lucky enough to have found my very own princess, and we are getting married in May! We are both very excited, and we can't wait for our week-long honeymoon in Disneyworld. We are at the Wilderness Lodge, and are looking forward to staying on-site.

Now, we have both been to Disneyworld before (and are therefore familiar with the layout, which parks have which attractions, etc.), but we are by no means experts. I was hoping to receive some advice from this ever-plentiful source of knowledge and information concerning all things Disney. Do ya'll have any tips or ideas for a young couple (22 and 20 years old) trying to make some special memories at Disneyworld? Are there any little-known places or attractions that we should be sure to hit? Are there any great, romantic restaurants we should try? Any ideas for coping with crowds? Does anyone have any traditions or things they do every time they visit? We want to make our trip as memorable as possible, and we would love any suggestions.

Thanks for the help!!

Beast_fanatic
04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome back!

Congrats on your pending marriage! :thumbsup:

Here's some information on romance at WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) that may spark some ideas.

I would recommend having it noted on all your reservations (room and dining) that it is your honeymoon, or mentioning it as you check in (both at the resort and at restaurants) as you never know when something special will happen. You can also get the bride and groom Mickey ears and that will likely bring some special attention as well.

As far as coping with crowds, when exactly are you going as that will play into how crowded it is and what strategy to follow.

I'm sure others will be along soon with lots of ideas!