PDA

View Full Version : Need help planning Dec trip!

u2daisyblue
04-13-2008, 03:46 PM
We were planning a Disney Cruise for Jan but Hubby has been informed he needs to cancel it because he has a 99% chance of being deployed overseas:cry: (he's a reservist) however on the plus side he wants to go to WDW in Dec. We are planning Dec 1 - 8 since that will combine my 3 favorite things, my family, disney and christmas!:number1:

We have stayed in values in past but this time splurging on Mod. Right now I'm leaning towards CBR, seems like it's geared more for the kids, DD is 5 and DS will be 8 when we go. So I would love any input anyone has on the pools, rooms, transportation to parks,etc.

Here are my other Q's:

1. What is weather generally like beginning of Dec? Will we be able to swim in pools?

2. Are pools at CBR heated?

3. Want to do dining plan, do we have to buy park tick to get dining plan? Hubby can get ticks thru military cheaper.

4. Which meal is better to do at Cinderella's Castle, breakfast, lunch or dinner? And is this the one to book @ 180 day mark?

5. What about other mods, anyone prefer a different one and why?

6. We are planning on going to Mickey's holiday party, is there anything you wouldn't miss at the party?

I greatly appreciate any input anyone has pos or neg, I want to hear it all. I am going to book with Wendy at MJ so I have not doubt I'll get any discounts we qualify for.

Thanks!!!!

faline
04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Family time will clearly be very important for you!

Weather in December can be variable. I've been a number of times in early December. Most of the time, weather has been wonderful - warm days, possibly cool nights. However, you could also hit a cold spell and experience very chilly weather. We've been able to swim on most of our December vacations. Our last trip, however, we hit one of those cold spells and found it too cold for the pool!

My understanding is that Disney pools are heated.

Generally, the dining plan is part of a package which requires your resort, dining plan, and tickets. You can, however, book a package with just a one-day ticket per person. You could then purchase any other needed tickets with your discount.

I've not eaten lunch or dinner at the Castle since they changed the format so can't help you with that. All meals at this site are very popular so, yes, you do need to make your reservation as soon as you become available for it.

My favorite moderate is Coronado Springs Resort as it has more of the features one typically sees in a deluxe.

At Mickey's Party, be sure you see the parade and fireworks. The show in front of the castle is always terrific as well.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
1. Weather is anything from 80º and hot to 25º and very very cold. We were there the same week in 2006 and the temperature ran all over the place. I would pack lots of summer clothes and a couple of jeans and sweatshirts. Make sure you pack winter coats and hats and gloves and scarves.

2. Not sure about whether or not the pools are heated.

3. You have to book a magic my way package plus dining. This does include tickets. I have a friend in the military and though you need to check prices to be sure for yourself, when we looked at the military price of tickets versus the regular price with the plans there was only a $20.00 difference for her entire amily of five. So, if you want to do the DDP, I would just book the whole thing through WDW.

4. At CRT the breakfast seemed to be the most enjoyable with the characters. I believe lunch is now a good character experience and dinner has the characters make an appearance but you don't actually meet them. The food is good at all three.
This is not only a must do at 180 days but as soon as the phone lines open. Ressies for CRT breakfast are generally gone within the first five minutes. In fact, you need to make all your ressies at the 180 day mark as this is a very popular week. In fact, if possible, go ahead and make your resort ressies as they fill up too.

5. We prefer the POR but I think all the mods are nice. You should be happy with any of them.

6. If you enjoy meeting characters, this is the time to do it. Belle will be in her Christmas dress and there should be some rare characters as well. Also, Mickey's Night Before Christmas is a must see as well as the parade and fireworks.

u2daisyblue
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Wow, thanks for your input. I didn't know this was a busy week. I thought is was one of the values season weeks, meaning less crowded. I know POP Warner week is the following week which was when we were originally thinking of going but read that week would be crazy. I'll have to think about that.