PDA

View Full Version : New Theme Park ???

kutekelsey96
04-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I heard a rumor that Disney World was going to have a 5th theme park built. Is this true? If so, what kind of rides and what's the theme?:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
It's not true.

::aims cannon at the rumor mill:: Die evil rumors, die!!!

BMan62
04-13-2008, 01:24 PM
This is being discussed here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=130540

dumbo ears
04-13-2008, 05:36 PM
There is a very goood chance that in the next 2 or so months disney is gonna tell about them building a new park in shanghai china. They might make the announcement at the beyging olympics.

Ian
04-14-2008, 06:35 AM
No. It's not true. There's no 5th park coming to WDW.

Supercali
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry to disappoint those who don't want a 5th park. But, they are developing a park called Disney's Night Kingdom. This will be an exclusive park for only 2,000 guests per evening. It will be similar to Sea World's Discovery Cove. People will get to have close encounters with exotic jungle animals, etc. There will be no traditional rides at the park. - As for traditional theme parks, Imagineering is said to have at least three different concepts on the boards. One of my favorite rumored ideas is a park based around different time periods - the Middle Ages, 20th Century, etc.:cool:

Ed
04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry to disappoint those who don't want a 5th park. But, they are developing a park called Disney's Night Kingdom. This will be an exclusive park for only 2,000 guests per evening. It will be similar to Sea World's Discovery Cove. People will get to have close encounters with exotic jungle animals, etc. There will be no traditional rides at the park. - As for traditional theme parks, Imagineering is said to have at least three different concepts on the boards. One of my favorite rumored ideas is a park based around different time periods - the Middle Ages, 20th Century, etc.:cool:

If you seriously believe that, I've got some nice oceanfront property in Arizona that you might be interested in.

:nope:

Mickey91
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, at least it's something to talk about:mickey:. Rumors, ya gotta love'em!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-16-2008, 11:34 PM

:rotfl:

And I'm Marilyn Monroe. How are you, Mr. President!

Ian
04-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry to disappoint those who don't want a 5th park. But, they are developing a park called Disney's Night Kingdom. This will be an exclusive park for only 2,000 guests per evening. It will be similar to Sea World's Discovery Cove. People will get to have close encounters with exotic jungle animals, etc. There will be no traditional rides at the parkThat story is a complete and total fabrication that comes from one of the most unreliable rumor-mill Disney websites. The owner of the site bats about .001 in terms of his "rumors" coming true (maybe even less than that).

There's no "Night Kingdom" theme park coming to WDW. It's distinctly possible that they'll do some kind of after-hours event at Animal Kingdom that's similar to what is described above, but it is not going to be an entire new theme park.

Night Kingdom ..... please ....... spare me ...........

tinklover
04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
That story is a complete and total fabrication that comes from one of the most unreliable rumor-mill Disney websites. The owner of the site bats about .001 in terms of his "rumors" coming true (maybe even less than that).

There's no "Night Kingdom" theme park coming to WDW. It's distinctly possible that they'll do some kind of after-hours event at Animal Kingdom that's similar to what is described above, but it is not going to be an entire new theme park.

:offtopic:but i just have to say it :funny::rotfl::funny::rotfl: Ian you crack me up when talking about the owner of that rumor mill site. Thanks for teh great laugh I needed it this morning.

Ian
04-17-2008, 11:19 AM
:offtopic:but i just have to say it :funny::rotfl::funny::rotfl: Ian you crack me up when talking about the owner of that rumor mill site. Thanks for teh great laugh I needed it this morning.Well I mean really ... I could start a website and sit at my PC and make up ridiculous, far-fetched rumors with no basis in fact all day long, too.

But the sad truth is, if you look at his track record with theme park rumors, I can't think of a single story he broke or a rumor he put out there that ever came true.

I mean I like the guy and all and he definitely writes some decent stuff on animation history, but either his theme park sources really stink or he flat-out makes stuff up for the sake of driving site traffic his way.

mjstaceyuofm
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
But the sad truth is, if you look at his track record with theme park rumors, I can't think of a single story he broke or a rumor he put out there that ever came true.

I mean I like the guy and all and he definitely writes some decent stuff on animation history, but either his theme park sources really stink or he flat-out makes stuff up for the sake of driving site traffic his way.My favorite articles of his are the "<insert park name or ride name here> that could have been and why it wasn't..." He always seems to have some exaggerations about how Disney was actually going to fly you to the moon but management had to cut back the price.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh Ian, if you do make that site, can I help?! I've got some get ideas.

Which will be implemented when I take over the company....laugh now, but give me 15-20 years and you'll see me giving my speech as the new CEO...and I'd make Intercot my official information source.

Ian
04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
My favorite articles of his are the "<insert park name or ride name here> that could have been and why it wasn't..." He always seems to have some exaggerations about how Disney was actually going to fly you to the moon but management had to cut back the price.I'll tell you something ... at this point I long for the days when he wrote those stories.

Lately the tripe he's been rolling out has been so incredibly dull, I barely even pay attention anymore.

He seems to be purposely ignoring the biggest Disney stories going in favor of writing pointless drivel hounding Pixar or castigating people for doing things they haven't done yet.

He's gotten really bad.

JPL
04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
What makes me laugh is people still believe him when every rumour or story ends something like this.

Weeeellllllllll they were about to start construction on it had the bulldozers on the site and then a little chirp came from a tree and it was from an endangered spotted florida sparrow. They put the construction on hold and then realized they couldn't build on that spot. Time wnet buy and they couldn't find a new location so the attraction later became [ insert attraction here] what we see today in Epcot only on a much smaller scale. But imagine if it wasn't for one little bird what could have been.

If you want a laugh you have to listen to him when he's on a podcast :rotfl:

Supercali
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm not saying that Jim Hill is 100% accurate. What I will say is that he has more inside contacts than I do, or than this site does for that matter. Personally, I'm not too thrilled about the Night Kingdom idea. I would rather have a theme park that most people can enjoy, instead of just the rich. - As far as rumors go, I don't understand why some people can be so negative toward any new theme park rumor. Are they so conservative that they never want Disney to build anything else at their parks. I know I'll get the WDW has reached its saturation point and they don't have the resources for a new park lecture. But, honestly, how do you expect them to grow attendance if they don't continue to add new attractions. A new park can add up to 8 million new guests. I'm not saying it will be in the next few years. A new "real" park is probably at least 8 years away. They have to plan for the future. I know that some people fear any type of changes, but change is inevitable.:cool:

Ian
04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm not saying that Jim Hill is 100% accurate. What I will say is that he has more inside contacts than I do, or than this site does for that matter.Ummm ... not to like be rude or anything, but what in the world would lead you to make a statement like this?

There's no way you have any clue what contacts John or I or anyone at INTERCOT have at Disney and ditto for Jim Hill. How do you know he has any contacts at all? I certainly haven't seen one iota of evidence of it.

I can personally assure you that John and others on INTERCOT have deep, reliable contacts within WDI and I can also assure you that virtually all information you get here has been verified first and isn't just random, pointless, made up rumor.

Just because John doesn't pass along every blue sky idea he hears WDI is working on and chooses to be more discriminating in what he reports doesn't mean he doesn't have good sources. If anything, Jim Hill's credibility is near zero when compared to INTERCOT's, since he's basically been completely wrong about everything he's ever said. You say, " ... he's not 100% accurate ... "??? He's not even 1% accurate!

And your logic about people "fearing change" is just completely and totally off base as far as I'm concerned. The minute I hear a credible rumor about a new park, I'll discuss it as such. But I and others on this site are not going to giggle like schoolgirls and bite on every bogus Disney story that comes down the pike like others do.

Trust me ... my issue with Night Kingdom is solely that it's completely and totally bogus. It's has nothing to do with my not liking the idea (I, unlike you, have no issue with theme parks that only cater to the rich and I would definitely visit Night Kingdom at least once to check it out) or not wanting Disney World to expand.

JPL
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry to say this but Credibility is everything when it comes to reporting rumours. Jim Hill loves to make fun fo places saying that all their rumours come from a friend of a friend who knows someone yet so do his rumours.
I would like to add why would inside sources keep feeding someone who is using the information recklessly and for their own personal gain? All while risking their own jobs? Did He have inside sources at one point I would say yes do he have them now it's possible but if he does they are feeding him nothing. I mean in a sense Night Kingdom's Ideas are already partially open take a look at the new area of Busch Gardens Tampa Jungala.

Supercali
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Ian, actually it's fun to giggle like school girls over All Disney rumors. You should try it. lol.:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Well it's time to break my silence.

The real reason that dh and the twins and I are moving to Austin Tx is because my husband was hired to build Disney Texas, "the biggest happiest place on earth until they build one in Alaska."

Sure it's humid and windy and in twister country, but since when has disney cared about such things? The park regions will be:

Republicland -- a celebration of the fact that Texas doesn't bow down to anyone. Attractions will include "The Hall of Texas Presidents."

Humidityland -- Soarin over Texas -- experience the thrill of having your clothing soaked without going down a waterfall, enjoy the hot blast of wind as you fly over the panhandle enjoying the unique scent of dairy cow waste, and explore the high rise big oil buildings in downtown Houston. Hope you aren't allergic to peanuts.....

Critter Country -- rattlesnakes and cattle annd scorpions, oh my!

Alamoland -- A moving tribute to Fess Parker, Buddy Ebsen, John Wayne and anyone else who ever filmed a Texas movie in California or New Mexico.

Every land will have a shooting gallery featuring the faces of prominent anti-gun democrats.

So there it is, the official word.

And I am 100% as reliable a source as Jim Hill!!!

Supercali
04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
That sounds about like what Disney Texas would be about. But, don't you think that the Hall of Texas Presidents might be too scary for young children?! lol.:thumbsup:

liltinksmom
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
That story is a complete and total fabrication that comes from one of the most unreliable rumor-mill Disney websites. The owner of the site bats about .001 in terms of his "rumors" coming true (maybe even less than that).

Hi everyone!
I'm a long time lurker , I don't think I've posted to these boards yet but the way my memory is I may already have several posts and not realize it. Anyway, it's been nice reading here .

I just wanted to comment on Night Kingdom. Several months ago I received a survey about a new night time experience that would take place at Animal Kingdom. I can't remember everything in the survey but it was mentioned that there would be a limit of up to 2,000 people a night, up close encounters with live animals, an authentic (asian?) meal, a jungle trek, Zip Lines, and possible rock climbing. If I remember right it is supposed to be a 4 hour experience and it definately isn't wheelchair friendly.Also, If I remember right , the price was close to $250 per adult.

I'm surprised that more people aren't aware of this. I'm a member of another Disney board and there were several members talking about getting this survey.

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to posting more to these boards.

LibertyTreeGal
04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
But, don't you think that the Hall of Texas Presidents might be too scary for young children?! lol.:thumbsup:

Well, at least it wouldn't have to have parental advisory warnings like the Arkansas Hall of Presidents ;)

For "mature" audiences only.....

Ian
04-17-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm surprised that more people aren't aware of this. I'm a member of another Disney board and there were several members talking about getting this survey.

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to posting more to these boards.I'm aware of it ... that's why I made that comment.

Look, the truth is I'm virtually certain (for many reasons that I don't feel the need to go into here) that Night Kingdom is a complete and total Jim Hill fabrication. It's a nighttime event at AK he's describing. He's been told that and yet he stubbornly clings to this whole "Night Kingdom" fantasy.

I have no problem giggling like a schoolgirl over credible rumors, but it really irks me when people perpetuate frauds like this. I feel the same way about the stupid "Disney is building a theme park in my backyard" posts that crop up all the time.

Ian
04-17-2008, 11:22 PM
This thread is about a new theme park in WDW. Keep the political commentary out of it.

liltinksmom
04-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Look, the truth is I'm virtually certain (for many reasons that I don't feel the need to go into here) that Night Kingdom is a complete and total Jim Hill fabrication. It's a nighttime event at AK he's describing. He's been told that and yet he stubbornly clings to this whole "Night Kingdom" fantasy.

I have no problem giggling like a schoolgirl over credible rumors, but it really irks me when people perpetuate frauds like this. I feel the same way about the stupid "Disney is building a theme park in my backyard" posts that crop up all the time.

I don't read Jim Hill so I can't comment about him .

Edited because I misunderstood your post:

According to the survey that I received from the Walt Disney Company " Night Kingdom" is definately on the table, it just doesn't include a new park. Whether it ever happens or not is another story.