PDA

View Full Version : I need a good lunch for our 1st day

amf1025
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
our 1st day we get there i need a good place to take my family to lunch. We are not going to the parks the 1st day . we are on the deluxe dining plan so it can be table service

BronxTigger
04-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I would go to Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. They do not take ADRs but I believe they take TS credits (somebody please correct me if this is wrong...I don't do the dining plan).

I don't know where you're staying, but you can get to the Beach Club on Disney transit. Take the bus to MGM and then without entering the park, you can transfer to the Friendship boat to the Beach Club or take the walking path that goes along the Boardwalk resort to the Beach Club.

Speedy1998
04-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Chef Mickey
Concourse Steak House
Ohana

azdisneymom
04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. Yummy and reasonably priced.

ElenitaB
04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
A "get you into fun mode" restaurant would be Whispering Canyon Cafe. Other places I'd go would include Kona Cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe, or Beaches and Cream, as Bethany suggested.

wendy*darling
04-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Chef Mickey
Concourse Steak House
Ohana
Unfortunately, neither Chef Mickey nor 'Ohana serve lunch.
And Concourse Steakhouse is scheduled to close forever at the end of May 2008, so if your trip is after May, this is not an option either.

It would help to know where you are staying, and what your plans for dinner are.
I would say Downtown Disney is a good option. Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck, Cap'n Jack's and Raglan Road all serve lunch.
If you want to do a monorail resort tour, you will find lunch for 1TS credit at Kona (Poly) and Grand Floridian Cafe (GF). All of the monorail resorts will have CS lunch options as well. Depending on how old your kids are- you might even consider the Grand Floridian's Afternoon Tea as a lunch option (although it's not on the DDP).

I also agree that Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge is a great choice- as is Trail's End over at Fort Wilderness. At FW you could spend some time walking the paths, renting bikes, etc.

If you have lunch in the Epcot Resort area, for TS options you have Beaches & Cream (BC), Captain's Grill (YC) Big River Grill (BW) and several places at the Swan/Dolphin. Again, each resort has CS choices also. Then you could play mini golf just outside the Swan/Dolphin for the afternoon.

Many options- there's so much to see and do without going into the parks.

Duchess99
04-13-2008, 12:59 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

If you're not planning on going to a park on your first day, I would suggest going to Downtown Disney. It will get you in the Disney mood and there are some great restaurants there. I would suggest Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck's.

Belle_0717
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
The house of blues in DTD.

PetefromRI
04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Fultons has a great lunch but I don't know if they are on the Plan.Bongos is also a great place for lunch.

Jared
04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
I like Ellen's suggestion of Kona Cafe. It serves a delicious table service lunch, and then you can either take a walk along the beach, enjoy the beautiful resort or just ride the monorail around for fun.

:tasty:

Mickey91
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
I would try Rainforest Cafe or a TS at one of the resorts. It's a great way to relax and check out the other side of Disney before you hit the parks!

Kairi_7378
04-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd suggest Kona or Wolfgang Puck Express depending on where you are staying.

Natazu
04-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I think the best lunch at Disney World is Grand Floridian Cafe... The Grand Sandwich, wow, what an awesome meal. They also have a great fresh fish and super crab cakes. And mmm, mini desserts and Kona coffee.

mrsgaribaldi
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. Yummy and reasonably priced.

This has my vote too. I love to eat there at least once and I like to take something home :blush: