PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about All Star Sports

butterfly18237
04-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Yay I'm going back to Disney on the free dining and we are staying at All Star Sports. I want to know what everyone thinks. Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly. We stayed at Pop last time. Also how close are all the All Stars resorts. Can we walk to the All star Movies? Thanks in advance.

~*Kristy*~

Speedy1998
04-13-2008, 09:48 AM
All - Star Sports is the first and the oldest of the All-Star resorts. All three All-Star resorts are right next to each other so walking to AS movies would require walking through AS Music (and two parking lots).

Basically, it is similar to POP, except Disney immagineers learned from what they did wrong with the All star resorts, so most people feel that POP is laid out better. Also POP has a much bigger food court seating area.

disneydeb
04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
We prefer All-Star Sports to CBR. All- Star Sports is the first for bus service of the Alll Stars. Each tme we've stayed there we have had great CM experiencs.

It is older and more dated, but the , so am I. :D

Enjoy your stay.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
We have stayed in All Star Sports twice. We went back the second time because we liked it so much.

The food court area is great, very roomy and not to expensive. ASS is the first bus stop to pick up and let off so you always have a chance for a seat.

The pool area is very nice and much larger than we expected. There is also a smaller pool area by the baseball building.

The rooms are smaller than the other resorts but that didn't bother us much. It had all the requirements that we needed. The beds were very comfortable.

Enjoy!

sainter
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I think all of the value resorts' rooms are the same size. We like All Star Sports, but then again we are a family very much into sports! When the kids were smaller, we got to our room in the baseball section and our door was right under the Milwaukee Brewer pennant -- they thought that was SO COOL! :mickey:

Hull-onian
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
This is our second stay at ASS. We can't wait to get there on Wednesday, April 16. We are staying in the preferred location of Surf's Up. It will be courtyard side so it will be quieter. You can fax the room assigner at 407-939-7333 four days in advance at 11:00 a.m. with your room request and any other needs or concerns that you have about your stay. The CM's there are very accomodating. The rooms are small, but we have two people for two connecting rooms. I think that it will be very comfortable. I liked the gift shop-- certain drinks and foods are less expensive in the gift shop than in the food court. We give it,:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
My cousins stayed there last year during Free Dining with their boys (8 & 10) THey loved it and had a great time. We stayed at the POP and are again this year (Mostly because my 3 year old fell in love with the Lady and The Tramp statues) If we couldnt get there... I would have gone with All Star Sports... Of course hoping that somewhere there would be a Red Sox Penant!

Belle1217
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
We stayed there and loved it. My daughter loved it and does not like sports. I liked it for the boys because I felt I was doing so many things for my daughter (princess breakfast and taking her to the BBB) that when we would go back to our resort there were so many great things for my boys. Have a great trip.

Marker
04-16-2008, 08:43 AM
In my opinion, there's not a handful of difference between the value resorts, except the theming.

I was just at All*Star Sports last week. It was busy with a lot of teams of some sort, so there were large groups of probably under-chaperoned teen-agers, but that's not the resort's fault. Although perhaps sports teams might tend to stay at the sports themed resort, but I don't know that to be fact.

As far as the resort goes, for some reason I felt the food court seemed smaller, not just the seating area, but the food court itself, but again if it was, it wasn't by much.

People often bring up the fact that the All*Stars share busses, and POP doesn't. Don't let that worry you. At busy times, like at closing from the parks, they run individual busses for each resort. And during non-busy times, they might share. But still, it's just 3 stops. There are moderate and deluxe resorts with that many stops, and more. So I really don't see that as a problem.

I will say, that of the 4 value resorts, Sports is probably my least favorite. But only due to the theming. I prefer the theming at the others better. But that's simply a personal choice thing and not a reflection on the resort itself. I had a great stay and would return to Sports with no hesitation at all.

butterfly18237
04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks everyone I hope we like staying at All star Sports. I have a son so i'm sure he will love the sports theme.

wedway76
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone I hope we like staying at All star Sports. I have a son so i'm sure he will love the sports theme.

Our son LOVES the Sports. He is 15 years old now and is a little more accepting of other resorts but there was a long time that he only wanted to stay at the Sports. We always stayed in the Touchdown section facing the field and whenever we were at the hotel he would get into pick-up football games. Usually within a day or two he would have made several friends that he would buddy around with.

Mickey'sGirl
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
We prefer the All Stars to Pop -- and our best Value stays have been at the All Star Sports. We found housekeeping to be fabulous, the rooms to be bright and the food court to offer great choices for our family. We also have sons, and they loved the sports theme ... especially trying to sink baskets in the giant hoops outside our door! I think you have made a good choice!:thumbsup:

Jasper
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
We have stayed at all the All Stars and POP as well as several other moderates and deluxe. I think you will find All Star Sports to be a great resort. Even though there have been times in the past when we could have afforded to stay elsewhere we ended up staying at one of the All Stars because we don't use all the amenities that are offered at the more expensive hotels. So, why pay for something we are not going to use?

And don't worry about Sports being the oldest because Disney is constantly doing up keep and refurbs so when a resort gets a little run down they get on it right away. You normally can't tell any difference between the oldest one and the newest one other than the size of the plants in the landscaping!