PDA

View Full Version : Two in One/Rainforrest and Planet Hollywood

just2mickey
04-13-2008, 09:10 AM
I have a always gotten a voucher for Planet Hollywood with my MMW package from Disney but have never gone. Is this worth taking time out for?

Who has eaten breakfast at Rainforrest? Is it good (selections/portions)? We always eat lunch but never breakfast.

Mickey91
04-13-2008, 10:28 AM
If you enjoy loud, and I mean LOUD music and a rowdy atmosphere, you will enjoy it. The food and service are great. We went in Sept 07 and loved the food. The decor is awesome! But, we couldn't really have a conversation because unless we shouted, we couldn't hear each other. My ears were ringing when we left.

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
We went to Planet Hollywood in Sept. 07. The food was very good and the service was excellent! However, I have never been in such a loud place in my life! The music was overwhelming! We could not have a conversation at our table without yelling! If I ever go back, I will take some ear plugs! :mickey:

dismommy
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
We went to Planet Hollywood during our 06 tripand it was over whelming for my 5 year old. Very loud, the wait staff has to shout, food is average but nothing special. Rainforest is also loud about, every 20 min the lights dim and the animals wake up, the gorillas pounds their chests, the elephants trumpet, the monkeys make noise etc, and it rains (not directly on the tables around the animals), but it can make it humid inside the restaurant, but I find this easier to take because at least it's an all inclusive theming. Food again average. DDT rainforest waits can get long even during off season I don't know about waits at AK location.

NJGIRL
04-14-2008, 10:23 AM
We have eaten at Planet Hollywood before. The food was OK the service was alittle slow but it was an OK experience. I would go back again but only if we are in DTD already. I wouldn't make a special trip just to eat there.

I have only had lunch an dinner at the Rainforest.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Both feel like tourist traps because they are. Planet Hollywood is less loud and calmer at lunch. Rainforest is Ok but my kids love it.