PDA

View Full Version : Watches question?

GINNY69
04-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Hello I want to treat myself to a nice watch and I was wondering if someone can tell me where in WDW can I go and buy a nice watch. I don't want to spend more than $80.00 though. Thanks !!!!!!:mickey:

merlinmagic4
04-13-2008, 07:40 AM
The World of Disney store in Downtown Disney has a whole section with jewelry and watches. Many will be under 80.00 (mine was!) :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-13-2008, 08:15 AM
I got a nice Disney watch as a gift from DH. It was a watch that was also an Italian charm bracelet. I saw it once in the store in Italy in Epcot. I wore it so much that he gave me another one for another occasion. And I also bought it on ebay once so that I would have it waiting when the others wore down. You could check the store in Italy. Good luck:mickey:

Speedy1998
04-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Main Street USA has a good watch shop, so does the street leading to TT in Hollywood Studios.

wendy*darling
04-13-2008, 11:12 AM
They also have a very nice selection at the Contemporary.

dismommy
04-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I have a nice disney time works watch from jewelry store on main street silver band with crystal around the face cost $50. They had many price point wanted to buy one as a gift for DH but he wouldn't leave the store it had one of the litho mickey shaking hands with firefighter one the face nice big mens watch with nice leather band I believe it was$100-$120 so you so have many choice for $80 and under.

Bringonthemouse!
04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought there was a fairly decent selection of watches in our resort gift shop also (Pop). There is definately no shortage of watches on Disney property. Enjoy your search!!

MarkC
04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm going to second the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney. I've bought two watches there over the years. My most recent one was about $60 three years ago and it still looks new. You can spend a lot or a little and get a very nice watch. Good luck to you. Mark

Disneymom4ever
04-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I also agree with World of Disney. When we were there a few weeks ago, that was the only thing I said I really wanted on vacation, was a decent watch. I found a really nice one there for $75. They had the really inexpensive ones hanging on a rack, and then a variety in the cases (from $30-$40, all the way up in the hundreds of dollars!). Great selection. She even sized it for me right there. I LOVE my watch!! :thumbsup:

krorx
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
My husband and I both bought our Mickey watches on Main Street, though we did look at the Disney store and other places before we bought. There's something special about buying it in the Magic Kingdom and walking out onto Main Street with your brand new watch strapped to your wrist. :mickey:

Magic Smiles
04-18-2008, 10:40 PM
There is also a store that sells watches in MGM or what is it called now? I have received 2 watches from here as gifts. Plan on getting a more casual watch this upcoming visit. There are many to pick from.

magicofdisney
04-19-2008, 06:36 AM
That was my primary request a couple of years ago. We went to DTD and bought from World of Disney. I purchased a Time Works piece. I thought it was a stainless steel band. It cost around $70. In less than a year, the back side of the band (that rubs against the skin) began wearing away to the base metal. I was SO disappointed! All this to say, double check the quality before you buy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
That was my primary request a couple of years ago. We went to DTD and bought from World of Disney. I purchased a Time Works piece. I thought it was a stainless steel band. It cost around $70. In less than a year, the back side of the band (that rubs against the skin) began wearing away to the base metal. I was SO disappointed! All this to say, double check the quality before you buy.

Put clear nail polish on the back and that will keep you from turning black.

I bought my latest watch at the World of Disney store. They seemed to have the largest selection. And they'll size it for you while you wait too.

dizknee531
04-21-2008, 12:34 AM
The store:"Mouse About Town" in Mgm has a good selection. If you see the one you want, then buy it!! Don't wait!! I've noticed that different stores carry different watches, and somtimes if you have your eye on one, you might not be able to get it elsewhere. Just a suggestion!!:cool: