PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Dining - views of Illuminations?

LisRich
04-13-2008, 07:02 AM
I've heard many positive reviews of the new Tokyo Dining in Epcot Japan pavilion. If you are eating there during Illuminations, would you have a good view? Or is there an outside balcony diners can utilize (similar to the patio at R&C)? If there is a balcony, would people standing at it block the view of diners inside? Thanks for any advice/info!

D-ko
04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
We always watch Illuminations from Tokyo Dining - the experience, however, is not as good as it used to be but still worth it. I have lots of pictures on my MSN Spaces WDW Blog - I'm not sure if we can post links, but if you like, I can send you the link.

I've got lots of photos of our table, what our view was, and what has changed sinced the renovation.

They no longer dim the lights and pipe the Illuminations music over the restaurants speakers so it is harder to see now and you can't really hear the music. You need a table right up to the window, the people in the nearest table, not next to a window, coudln't see it very well. Still beats standing outside at the end of the day when you are exhausted and want nothing more than to sit in some air conditioning and eat sushi :mickey:

gardenia
04-13-2008, 08:31 AM
We ate there last week just before the fireworks. There are only a few tables by the window that have any kind of view, and they're all tables for 4 to 6 people. Yes, there is a balcony outside. It's set lower than the restaurant so it doesn't significantly block the view of diners - but most don't have a view anyway. Overall, this balcony is not a great view. There are a lot trees in the way, so you do NOT have a clear view of the lagoon and the laser show. You can see the high fireworks and hear the music quite well. But the next time I eat at Tokyo dining, I plan to head toward Italy and Germany afterward, where the view is better.

LisRich
04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the replies - they were very helpful! We had prime R&C patio table last year for Illuminations but it was actually TOO CLOSE for DS6 who was frightened by the noise and close proximity to fire effects. DH loves sushi so Toyko Dining sounds like a good choice for food + view. D-ko, loved your review and pics!

Crow
04-13-2008, 11:38 PM
this was 1 of my favorite spots for Illuminations before the rehab. i used the balcony or sat inside
the rehab made it even better. the food is excellent, sake etc.
You can view it from the balcony instead if you wish. It might not be the best view of everything, but I like it & take my time afterward letting everyone rush out to the buses.